• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my game late last night... I've got 5 badges thus far, proudly, with my team of Sceptile, Metang, Swellow, Zangoose and Trapinch. Love this game! The nostalgia of the music and scenery when you enter a new route/town..! I've continued a tradition of getting Pokerus in every of my ladt 5 or so games...the first time I did this was on Ruby in Mauville, &the same this time! Loving the game GF! Hope everyone else is having as much fun as I am :)

Chriskona

Pre-ordered from amazon, it didn't get delivered on release day and it didn't get delivered today. Now i have to wait and hope that it will come on monday, so disappointed D;

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Finally got my copy! Went through a bit of a scare with my 3DS as the charger wouldn't work and I believed it was my system, but I've fixed it. Just started playing now!

shadcat1206

in the shadows i lie
Picked it up yesterday, but it took about 10-15 minutes to get to the counter.

today I got the eon ticket, it took a while though, as the contest winner didn't turn up for a while. Good to finally have it.

Selebi

I got my games yesterday, but I haven't started neither of them yet. I'm waiting for the Strategy Guide to arrive on the next week.
I wish we had some sort of event in Finland getting that Eon Ticket too, but it seems unlikely, so I might consider trying to get it via Homepass.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Hopefully, my Alpha Sapphire copy will arrive on Monday.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Okay, Monday passed in my country and my pre-order still has to come! That's it, tomorrow I'm going to my store and buy the games from there, screw the pre-order. Only thing that saddens me is that I will not get the steelbooks that way, but who cares? They should have got my pre-order at launch day and screwed up, thrice (didn't get it on Saturday and Monday either). I've waited enough!!!

Coshi The Pikachu

Swag Master Josh
Okay, Monday passed in my country and my pre-order still has to come! That's it, tomorrow I'm going to my store and buy the games from there, screw the pre-order. Only thing that saddens me is that I will not get the steelbooks that way, but who cares? They should have got my pre-order at launch day and screwed up, thrice (didn't get it on Saturday and Monday either). I've waited enough!!!
Do they deliver pre orders to your house where you live or do you have to collect them?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Do they deliver pre orders to your house where you live or do you have to collect them?

Go to the store where you did the pre-order and collect them.

It's plain ridiculous, as this store never failed me before with some other game I knew. I will give 'em tomorrow, but if I don't receive a message that my pre-order arrived safe and sound even then, I guess I have to buy them from the store. It's not that I'm furious, it's just it's really hard for me now to avoid some spoilers myself when everyone else have their games and I don't.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I finally bought Alpha Sapphire today. It was originally going to be my main version, but I downloaded Omega Ruby a week ago and I've been playing that thus far. I'll play both simultaneously now.

BCVM22

Okay, Monday passed in my country and my pre-order still has to come!

It's plain ridiculous, as this store never failed me before with some other game I knew. I will give 'em tomorrow, but if I don't receive a message that my pre-order arrived safe and sound even then, I guess I have to buy them from the store.

Wait wait. Settle down. Do I have this right - you're waiting for a particular store to tell you that your pre-ordered game is able to be purchased?

it's just it's really hard for me now to avoid some spoilers myself when everyone else have their games and I don't.

No it isn't. Ignore places that you know are going to be rife with discussion. Problem solved.

Akashin

Go to the store where you did the pre-order and collect them.

It's plain ridiculous, as this store never failed me before with some other game I knew. I will give 'em tomorrow, but if I don't receive a message that my pre-order arrived safe and sound even then, I guess I have to buy them from the store. It's not that I'm furious, it's just it's really hard for me now to avoid some spoilers myself when everyone else have their games and I don't.

I'm with BCVM22 on this one... Stores I've pre-ordered from (the one or two times that I've bothered to do so, at any rate) have never bothered to inform me when the game is released; they simply keep a record that you've pre-ordered and it's on you to know when to go get it.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm with BCVM22 on this one... Stores I've pre-ordered from (the one or two times that I've bothered to do so, at any rate) have never bothered to inform me when the game is released; they simply keep a record that you've pre-ordered and it's on you to know when to go get it.

Well, my store always inform me when a game or something I ordered has arrived to be picked up (that includes pre-orders) so there's that. It's just that when I pre-order something, it always comes before its supposed release date (a day or so), or on its release date. And now I'm stuck waiting.

Akashin

Well, my store always inform me when a game or something I ordered has arrived to be picked up (that includes pre-orders) so there's that. It's just that when I pre-order something, it always comes before its supposed release date (a day or so), or on its release date. And now I'm stuck waiting.

My point (and BCVM22's I'm pretty sure) is that, if you're waiting for them to inform you, how do you know that they don't have it and simply failed to inform you? Unless you checked and left that part out.

BCVM22

And therein we find the issue. Unless you've actually checked with the store and they've told you it can't be purchased yet - something you have not said is the case - then your copy is waiting for you at the store. It's deeply unclear why you think it can't be bought without them informing you as much, unless you've omitted something very crucial in that you've posted here.

Obi

Does anyone know the next event that will feature some of Gamefreaks top people? So we can have them interviewed?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I am still waiting for the games to get to my store. Even their promotional papers said it would be available on the 28th. yesterday i dropped by and nothing. Hopefully i can get the games until the end of the week. XY did things rigth. Even if i didn't get both in the release date (a friday) i was able to get them next monday. I was hoping for the same thing with ORAS but no, still nothing. I'll check today too. Looks like i'm the only one still waiting in europe to get ORAS now...sigh...i just want the games!

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Well, I got AS with the Steelbook from my store, but was forced to cancel OR pre-order because the personnel was stupid. In revenge, I ordered OR without the Steelbook. Ha! Wanna see their faces when no one will show up to pick it up when it comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.