• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Origins

zhixun

Wait, if Red got all the Pokemon...where'd he get the other starters and trade evolutions? They should've elaborated on that.

As well as the Pokémon which is not available in one version but the other. Four weeks are too short for them to elaborate about this although I would like to know more details.

Chimecho3000

As well as the Pokémon which is not available in one version but the other. Four weeks are too short for them to elaborate about this although I would like to know more details.

lol I know Pokemon Origins is based on the games, but don't go that far with version exclusives. Do you really think they would allude to the fact that certain Pokemon only exist in an alternate/parallel universe?

Starters and trade evolutions are more legitimate to question. But it's not that hard to believe he found someone to trade with for the trade evolutions right? As for starters, I guess here is an exception where they don't follow the original games and he obtained them via trade or catching in the wild. When Red released the wild Pokemon from their cages at Silph, one of the them was a Charmander.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I loved Pokemon Origins, it had depth considering the games it was based on. Red was a good protagonist, and Blue was the perfect foil for him -- they both grew as characters, not only trainers. Team Rocket was kind of generic in this, but the reveal that Giovanni was a normal trainer before business and money got in the way of that was surprising, he might be my favorite version of Giovanni. I also loved the remixed soundtrack. As for the Mega Charizard X reveal, I thought it was done well (Fuji did give him the Mega Stone earlier) despite being promotion for the XY games.

Red and Blue

Jolteon beating Giovanni's Rhyhorn with Thunderbolt?

No he's referring to Pikachu and Swellow during Ash's gym battle against Tate and Liz.

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
I loved this special. If they were to replace the anime with this (Doing a proper full season for Kanto, then moving on to the other games) or even just making an expanded Kanto miniseries, that would be amazing.

I was amazed to see Red owning a charizard.His original pokemon in the manga was venasaur.But he made a good combination with charizard.The only bad thing is the battles were too short.

I am hoping for some new episodes where Ethan would be the hero.He will defeat the jhoto league.After that there will be an epic battle between Red and Ethan in mount silver,just like the games.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
I was amazed to see Red owning a charizard.His original pokemon in the manga was venasaur.But he made a good combination with charizard.The only bad thing is the battles were too short.

lol I suggest that you don't just say the manga rather pokespe or something like that, it pisses people off sometimes, just a good thing to remember

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I have nothing against Adventures, but I hate it when people say that Bulbasaur is Red's "true" starter.

A thing caught my eyes.In the anime trainers recall their pokemons with the red beam of a pokeball.But in the origins we see a white blue beam instead of the red beam.I think that thing was cool.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
Origins wasn't as good as the actual Pokemon Anime. The characters were kinda flat and boring, the pacing was very off (which I understand as there was only a limited time to tell the story) and the ending was completely ruined. I might be mistaken in saying this, but was this not the original Pokemon games being brought to life in animation? Why in hell does it end with mega evolution? The story was fine and all and it was great to see the original story of Pokemon told in a neat and dynamic way, but they just kinda screwed up big time! Mega evolution was the big change, big shocker in Gen 6. THIS IS GEN 1. How can they possibly do spinoff specials for the other games when the big twist for Gen 6 has already been used here.

They were being so faithful to the original story. Why did they go and ruin it. Giovanni was amazing at least. The only really good character.

Shiny Rokon

I loved it, everything. The only bad thing was its only 4 episodes & I would have really loved to watch all the gym battles & elite four etc. great story & I liked how they brought charizard x into it, nicely bringing it into current times but still respecting the original times. If this became a series or movie I would definitely buy it, but the reality is we might see them recreate the other games in a similar style special as I'm assuming they got a good response from this.

fawfulmark2

Origins wasn't as good as the actual Pokemon Anime. The characters were kinda flat and boring, the pacing was very off (which I understand as there was only a limited time to tell the story) and the ending was completely ruined. I might be mistaken in saying this, but was this not the original Pokemon games being brought to life in animation? Why in hell does it end with mega evolution? The story was fine and all and it was great to see the original story of Pokemon told in a neat and dynamic way, but they just kinda screwed up big time! Mega evolution was the big change, big shocker in Gen 6. THIS IS GEN 1. How can they possibly do spinoff specials for the other games when the big twist for Gen 6 has already been used here.

They were being so faithful to the original story. Why did they go and ruin it. Giovanni was amazing at least. The only really good character.

Time for my counterargument! According to one ofe the creator's Twitter posts, RSE takes place around the same point as RGBY on the official timeline. Thanks to the Alpha/Omega remakes, Mega Evolution existed at the same time point. So, Mega Evos being in this can no longer really be consider considered a detriment, since they did exist at that point in the official canon.

JudySpell

Banned
I luved the special up until Red found the Charizardite X in Cerulean Cave since that's when everything became a shameless advertisement for the X and Y games. 6.5/10

Gillachu

Banned
Meh, Red was cool and not another Ash in terms of stagnation at least. Watching his Charmander getting bit by Squirtle was painful, though...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved this special since it showed things in Kanto that the main anime skipped, like the Silph Co invasion and Mr Fuji. I was happy to see Red defeat the E4 as well as catch Mewtwo cuz it gave me nostalgia. :3