• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Origins

Tibikei

Thank you, Rohanator and HeroicRein. :)
I think it's kind of weird they didn't give him the canon Red-team from the games (or at least most of it, replacing Venusaur and Blastoise with some other Pokémon until he's got time to trade for them ;) ).

Rohanator

Thank you, Rohanator and HeroicRein. :)
I think it's kind of weird they didn't give him the canon Red-team from the games (or at least most of it, replacing Venusaur and Blastoise with some other Pokémon until he's got time to trade for them ;) ).
That's probably because his team really didn't matter. The only one to get any true focus was his starter.

Vernikova

Champion
Blaine seems to have been drawn really well. Too bad he didn't get more screen time. Will look forward to the dub.

Animefan145

Huh, wow, this special sounds a lot more awesome than I expected. Well, it skipped over a lot, but to focus on even some of the big events from the original Red/Green games sounds awesome. Oh, definitely gotta remember to watch the dub version when it airs.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Surprised Mega Evolution came into play seeing as this was suppose to be an Origin story, but I'm okay with it

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Surprised Mega Evolution came into play seeing as this was suppose to be an Origin story, but I'm okay with it
Marketing my friend, marketing. It is only logical, since Mega Evolution is a big part of the new games. R/G anime remake or not, new stuff will always be shown in the anime.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

It was both a special to show the origins of Pokemon and to promote XY. And I think it did its job well.

Anyway, I watched some of the special, but my Internet skipped the most important moments, like the endings of the battles and the match vs. Mewtwo. Gah!

I can't wait to rewatch it again, either raw or dubbed, so that I can see the missing parts.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
It was both a special to show the origins of Pokemon and to promote XY. And I think it did its job well.

Anyway, I watched some of the special, but my Internet skipped the most important moments, like the endings of the battles and the match vs. Mewtwo. Gah!

I can't wait to rewatch it again, either raw or dubbed, so that I can see the missing parts.
I recently found a guy on YT who uploads raw episodes of the anime on his channel the day after. I expect this special to be uploaded too. Sinds I don't know how you guys watch these episodes live, I always waited for the pics to appear on the main site lol.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Shame they chose the terrible MegaCharizard design for this, I would've loved to see the first MegaCharizard in action instead..

Other than that, the special seemed good enough, although the animation still irks me..

johno1995

I think I was still in shock by the reveal of the new MegaCharizard, because tbh, the more I look at it, the more I start to get more "meh" on it...

...Overall, I liked the special. I did miss the ending though. Started acting up right after Charizard MegaEvolved >.> Oh well, at least I got to see most of it.

Haha, I thought we'd get a Pikachu-less anime special, but nope, Red caught one in a little montage clip X3 I did enjoy how this anime felt a lot like the games - Red's captures weren't always used in battle. We all have Pokemon that sit in the PC for eternity, so it felt more realistic to the games in this way.

LizardonX

Banned
Holy crap this episode was awesome.

I can't believe red actually caught mewtwo!

The overall story was also incredible.

15/10

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Ok...I have to say I greatly disliked the whole thing.While some battle scenes were okay,I didn't like that it was rushed.They didn't focus on the gym leaders or the E4...it sucked.And I hated that most of Red's pokemon were bad and he had to resort to Charizard to win every battle.I mean,come on!

Oh,and what was up with Giovanni's Rhyhorn?Why so overpowered?

Overall,I give it 5/10.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The battles in this were honestly nothing special were honestly nothing special aside from a few instances with great animation.

The battles were at least more sensible and finished unlike the anime ones so I don't know why even you are complaining. The designs of this anime is aweful to me but the concept and everything else is great. If they were to do another special like this again, I hope Leaf, Yellow and the others get showcased. Hopefully the animation would be much better.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Pretty nice, but now I'll never hear the end the Red wank and Ash bashing.

On another note: original Mewtwo >>>>>>>>>>>> Origins Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Rohanator

The battles were at least more sensible and finished unlike the anime ones so I don't know why even you are complaining. The designs of this anime is aweful to me but the concept and everything else is great. If they were to do another special like this again, I hope Leaf, Yellow and the others get showcased. Hopefully the animation would be much better.

Nooo, no no no no NO. This is my main problem here, people are just blinded by Red or what ever other awesome things in here. The battles weren't any different from DEM stuff you may encounter in the main anime. Red's Jolteon got one shotted by a THUNDERBOLT by RHYHORN, his Charizard turned a seemingly hopeless battle against an op Rhydon around with one Seismic Toss(stole that right from Ash lol), his Charmander did way more damage to Onix with Scratch that it could ever do in the games, which this is supposed to represent. Then we have all the skipping and Red relying on Charizard all the time. Not to mention using more Pokemon than the gym leader to win, people went crazy when Ash did it but I'm not seeing any complaints here.

The battle against Green was super rushed, even the Zard vs Blastoise matchup. There was no turning point in the battle, Blastoise just suddenly fainted from an attack.

People always complain about these exact same things when they occur in the main anime so I'm gonna be highly upset if this gets nothing but praise despite the flaws just because it has goddamn Red in it.

It's not the special itself I have a problem with, I enjoyed it for what it was. It's the blind Red fanboys and Ash/main anime haters that are gonna be a pain.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Funny how this Red has a Haunter that eventually became a Gengar, whereas Ash didn't even catch Haunter and just gave it away.

Funny how this Red has a Haunter that eventually became a Gengar, whereas Ash didn't even catch Haunter and just gave it away.

Ash never 'caught it', he befriended it.

Sprinter1988

Looks real good, judging by the pictures. Red's team was a bit of a surprise - Charizard and Lapras I guessed but the rest were a bit of a surprise. I had hoped for Jolteon over Pikachu and thankfully we got it. I'm quite surprised that Nidoran got dropped instead of being evolved up to Nidoking though. Also Scyther, Dodrio and Persian seemed to come out of nowhere. It's have liked to have seen more of Rattata and Spearow. Haunter/Gengar was quite cool though. Articuno seemed a bit of a random thing to give him though, but then this is based more on the games.
Did he really catch Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball? That was always a real pain to try and do.

Had to laugh at the way he battled Brock though - throwing out every one of your pokemon because you didn't choose the easy option of Bulbasaur or Squirtle and managing to just knock out that Onix - Been there!

Last edited: