• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Papparazi! (055)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Papparazi! (055)

Pokémon Papparazi!

Discovering a Pokémon Cameraman, Todd, is trying to capture a Picture of Pikachu...Ash gets miffed and to make matters worse, Team Rocket want to capture Pikachu. Can Ash save Pikachu from Todd and Team Rocket?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

O

Ororo Munroe

The first episode with Todd. I think he's a cool character. He can travel wherever he wants without really having to worry about anything. I like how TR misinterpreted what Todd does.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Todd is a cool character, bring him back!

That last line Misty gave saying "I couldn't picture it" was pretty crap, especially when everybody laughed after lol.

Team Rocket falling for the old trick that so many cartoons have had before them in that they forgot to remember that one of them was holding a bomb whilst being told to freeze for a picture at the same time.

Ash and Todd get on well together, they should meet up again sometime in future.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Sharpshooter said:
Todd is a cool character, bring him back!

That last line Misty gave saying "I couldn't picture it" was pretty crap, especially when everybody laughed after lol.

Team Rocket falling for the old trick that so many cartoons have had before them in that they forgot to remember that one of them was holding a bomb whilst being told to freeze for a picture at the same time.

Ash and Todd get on well together, they should meet up again sometime in future.

Eh... I'm going to have to agree with you on the subject of Todd. He *was* pretty cool. Although, you most likely won't agree with me when I say that Ash and Todd had a thing going on throughout their two times together. (Kanto and Johto.) Moreso in the Johto Three Parter though... they were pretty much all over eachother in that. They always sat next to eachother. They dig in the same hole together. (NO MISTY IN SIGHT!) And other such various 'hints'. I swear, Ash has the hots for Todd. Seriously.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Oh, another gay-shipping thread. I guess two young males can't be friends in a kid's TV show without wanting to bum eachother. Shame, that!

Alfonso

Derpgull
ChaosMage said:
Oh, another gay-shipping thread. I guess two young males can't be friends in a kid's TV show without wanting to bum eachother. Shame, that!

OH NOES TEH GAYNESS

The same applies to a boy and a girl. I'm sure quite a few Pokeshippers and Advanceshippers have made a few comments in the threads dedicated to episodes with 'major hints' in them. (Like the 'Navel Manuevers' episode for Pokeshipping, or some random episode where Ash saves May for Advanceshipping.) A boy and a girl can be friends without the guy wanting to get into her. If that comment offends anyone, take a look above. It's pretty much on the same level as 'bumming eachother'. :p

Just a thought, but what 'other' gay shipping threads are there? I'd like to take a look at them.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I've seen many about supposedly gay minor characters and gym leaders (Wallace and Morty are two i've seen a lot of) there are more advance and pokeshippers, but there are some gayshippers out there!

Alfonso

Derpgull
ChaosMage said:
I've seen many about supposedly gay minor characters and gym leaders (Wallace and Morty are two i've seen a lot of) there are more advance and pokeshippers, but there are some gayshippers out there!

...And? I don't see how that's out of the ordinary. One could argue that none of the characters in Pokemon are gay... but then, you could say the exact same thing about them being straight. Or if they showed an interest in a member of the opposite sex, Bisexual.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Yes! He's seen a lot of Morty gayness threads! MY WORK IS PAYING OFF!

But yes. Ash definitely had the hots for him. Not at the beginning really (at first he was all OMG YOU ARSE. But then he was all OMG. Todd.)

Maybe in the Johto ones they pulled an OMG I DONT WANNA DIE A VIRGIN! and....nevermind. XD

Please, continue making sense. >3

Alfonso

Derpgull
Phantom_Bugsy said:
Yes! He's seen a lot of Morty gayness threads! MY WORK IS PAYING OFF!

But yes. Ash definitely had the hots for him. Not at the beginning really (at first he was all OMG YOU ARSE. But then he was all OMG. Todd.)

Maybe in the Johto ones they pulled an OMG I DONT WANNA DIE A VIRGIN! and....nevermind. XD

Please, continue making sense. >3

It's funny, you know. About Ash and Todd. Normally, I wouldn't ever consider putting a character I liked with... him, but it just seemed pretty quite what with all the interactions between the two, and the whole back and forth stalking that was going on in their time together. Misty saw it, you know. I may not value her opinion much, but in the third Articuno Saga episode, she asked BROCK to come and help her with the coats. Why not Ash? Because she saw the truth... that he was totally hooked up on Todd. :3

WOAH OFF EPISODE DISCUSSION :O

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Yeah, let's go rape THAT part of the discussion boards with it. >3

But the whole rescue thing in this ep! With the camera! And the omg. It was so cute. At least on Todd's part it was. :3 If Ash had died I wouldn't have really cared so long as Todd was okay. >>

...you can tell I REALLY like Todd, huh? XD

Alfonso

Derpgull
Phantom_Bugsy said:
Yeah, let's go rape THAT part of the discussion boards with it. >3

But the whole rescue thing in this ep! With the camera! And the omg. It was so cute. At least on Todd's part it was. :3 If Ash had died I wouldn't have really cared so long as Todd was okay. >>

...you can tell I REALLY like Todd, huh? XD

What, really? o.o; You've never mentioned Todd before. But yayness anyway! I *heart* Todd too. I even made a sucky Wallpaper out of him and printed it off for my college folder. It became the front cover for my Socialogy stuff. XD

Eh... *thinks of something On-Topic* So... eh... yeah. I have to say, I was really suprised when I found out Todd had two names, Todd and Snap. I can understand *why* he was called Snap, but it was still a pretty sucky name. Thank GOD they only used it for the three Kanto (Which this episode is a part of, thus making this On-Topic.) episodes.

Oh, and Team Rocket was fun in this episode. Especially Meowth's mistake about Todd 'capturing' the Pokemon. Would have been more fun if Team Rocket had asked Todd to kill Ash, though. "Sure, I'll shoot that kid for you!"

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
...gawd how WOULD he have though, if that's what he was asked? XD

"He's making the twerp take his clothes off, Jess." "............*eyetwitch*"

I still prefer Todd x Tracey, though. <3 Wrote a minificlet of it somewhere on Deviantart. TODD OWNS. <3

*points to the Freeze Frame thread in the Johto League Champions section* :D

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I don't mind Todd (I'm calling him Todd, that's the way I think of him) as much as most people do, but I can easily see where he can be annoying. He is really pushy in this episode, but I'm glad that he and Ash ended up becoming friends by the end of the episode. It's interesting how Team Rocket recruited Todd to "capture" Pikachu because Meowth misread the magazine article about him. :)

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
He's not annoying, he's an artist! XD Like me! And his boyf-......uh....Tracey! :D *shot*

AND I HAVE HAIR LIKE HIS.

*f*cks Todd*

I win.

Kabuto

little punks!
Todd was one of the best pokemon filler characters ever, and they even made an entire spinoff video game with him. The idea of pokemon photography is clever. I liked how Ash was hidden in Todd's picture of Aerodactyl, poor kid almost gets eaten alive and gets no credit.

Battra

A good filler episode. watching it again i'm shocked that 4kids actually left the riceball reference in their instead of referring to them as donuts. Todd's an ok character to join the team but i've never really cared for him all that much, maybe it's cause he had no Pokemon with him to help him out.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I watched this episode today. Lol, Team Rocket standed in mid air for about 5 seconds when there about to fall down the waterfall.

Funny. :)