• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Papparazi! (055)

Rex Kamex

When did the dub change "Snap"'s name to Todd for this episode? I know that they always called him Todd in the later episodes, but I forgot when they redubbed "Snap". Also, did they do this for the Season 1 boxset?

I didn't really enjoy this episode. I love the Snap game, but Todd as a character, I just found annoying. Pokémon photography is something different to think about, but I think if he'd had a Pokémon himself, I'd have liked him a little more.
Once again, I'm surprised by how the dubbers allow the bombs to be left in episodes, whereas a gun (like in the Dratini episode) have the whole thing stopped from being aired!

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I don't like this episode. Todd was really annoying.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I don't like this character that much. He's alright and all but just incredibly boring. I can't really explain it but the picture taking theme is just dull. This episode was mildly entertaining though.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
yeah it was a fun episode allright, that guy even got his own game for the N64 with pokemon snap even though he was boring:p

Icefiyre

Banned
This is one of the funniest episodes ever because of the way that Team Rocket was dressed up as an old couple. But it was weird that Snap thought that they wanted a picture of Pikachu when they really wanted him to steal it from Ash.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I liked Todd, he was an interesting character and some of the pictures were nice.

The Black Ninja

Todd were a great character and his photos were nice , the episode were great

do anyone think todd will returne in the anime ?

Last edited:

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Todd was such an annoying little pest. I didn't like him until he saved Ash from going over that waterfall. I did like that bit involving Ash being in a picture with Aerodactyl... good add-in, if you ask me.

I also thought that the beginning, when Ash thought that there was a sniper in the grass, was pretty neat. How many people can say they thought they were about to get shot in the middle of eating lunch?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Todd is a nice guy, i loved him.

And Ash's Pikachu was strange, he scared from Todd....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Todd is a nice guy, i loved him.

And Ash's Pikachu was strange, he scared from Todd....

....I don't see how Pikachu is strange. Fear is a common thing.

Anyway, I didn't like this episode very much. Basically Filler even though Todd was a new guy. He didn't get enough screentime and he didn't really do much. He was useless.

I liked that Team Rocket hired him, but he wasn't capturing Pokemon, only photos of them lol. 4/10

JohnLee

....I don't see how Pikachu is strange. Fear is a common thing.

Anyway, I didn't like this episode very much. Basically Filler even though Todd was a new guy. He didn't get enough screentime and he didn't really do much. He was useless.

I liked that Team Rocket hired him, but he wasn't capturing Pokemon, only photos of them lol. 4/10

Eh he wasn't completely useless. He was used to promote the new "Pokemon Snap" game. Haha another instance where TR didn't use common sense.

RichRI322

I didn't really enjoy this episode as much, I didn't think Snap was a character they needed to keep around.

G50

No longer posting
I didn't like this episode, except for the parts where Snap was trying to take a picture of Pikachu and had so much trouble trying to take it.

10/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
It was interesting to see a Pokemon photographer, instead of just another Pokemon trainer. However, I found Todd/Snap/whatever to be a little annoying. I wouldn't enjoy having to be around someone who was trying to take my picture all day long. I can understand why Pikachu didn't want its picture taken. :/

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I quite liked Todd's character. And indeed it was nice to see someone interested in Pokémon photography rather than battling. Although he was a bit of a creeper at the start of the episode, he was nice as he didn't mind ruining his camera to save Ash.
Is it just me or was Team Rocket throwing actual bombs a little bit over the top?

Todd was funny, stalking Pikachu for a picture. My sister did that to me in the past, when she just had her first cell phone, she constantly stalked me to take pictures of me, because she knows I hate to be on pictures... I can imagine how poor Pikachu felt thanks to Todd the stalker... Nice to see Todd sacrificing his camera to help Ash.