• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Picross General Discussion & Discussion of Serebii's Discoveries Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You have to use Daily Training in addition to getting the missions

If you do it will take almost an entire year to be able to get everything.

Alright then, guess I'm just going to quit now then. It's a shame, but I refuse to put any money into these games.

R_N

Alright then, guess I'm just going to quit now then. It's a shame, but I refuse to put any money into these games.

Honestly they should have just did what Stretchmo did. Have the first small set (in this case lets say Area 0 & 1) to get you used to it, then give you the option to buy the rest. Basically a demo. Maybe take it as a way to add more puzzles over all, split them up a little, could probably sell alt mode separately.

The way it is now feels worse just because of how everything's gated but it still isnt upfront about it

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

The_Raven

Completing Dex in OR
I'm stuck. I've done everything I could at this point in the game. I have 60 picrites and I need 90 to open Area 06. I guess it'll take some daily missions.

alakazam^

Why not just wait? Either way, you'll not play for some time, might as well make small progressions.

R_N

So glancing through the available pokemon here...I didn't expect the lines to be all over the place. And extremely incomplete. There's almost no middle stages, many pokemon don't even have their first stage, only a smattering of forms, some pokemon like Floette don't even have Flabebe, lots of pokemon don't even evolve.

I'm doubting this game will ever get a substantial update if only because it would be things like "Check out these middle stages no one cares about!" or "Look at all these first stages of Pokemon you already have"

That's a bummer

e: IT would make a pretty neat regional dex, though. someone should use that as a basis for a hack

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Why not just wait? Either way, you'll not play for some time, might as well make small progressions.

I don't like the idea of hitting a wall were the only thing I can do is gather a small amount of Picrites every day from the daily training for knows how long before I can actually progress in the game. I'd rather just not get attached to the game in the first place.

R_N

Now I have a mythical pokemon in a locked area :(

It's not random, right?
Arceus is always the fourth one?

because that is awful considering he's in the final area. Realistically there is no way to get there by the time you'd get the alert

SixthSun

Hey, could you cover more about the Murals? You have barely any info about them, especially anything regarding what you get for finishing them.

The_Raven

Completing Dex in OR
It's not random, right?
Arceus is always the fourth one?

because that is awful considering he's in the final area. Realistically there is no way to get there by the time you'd get the alert

Yes, I think the order is always the same. Jirachi appeared in area 7 and I'm locked at area 5 right now with 67/90 picrites needed for area 6. Today I got 7 from daily mission, so 2 more days of daily missions will be necessary. I think that mythical pokemon reappear again, because it'll be really weird if they made them one-time only available. I would buy the amount of picrites you need to remove the pay2play aspect, but for some reason I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will do the same with this game as they did with Rumble World, release it maybe at the end of 2016 or else, so I don't want to pay twice and I'll just be patient and do daily missions.

SixthSun

Yes, I think the order is always the same. Jirachi appeared in area 7 and I'm locked at area 5 right now with 67/90 picrites needed for area 6. Today I got 7 from daily mission, so 2 more days of daily missions will be necessary. I think that mythical pokemon reappear again, because it'll be really weird if they made them one-time only available. I would buy the amount of picrites you need to remove the pay2play aspect, but for some reason I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will do the same with this game as they did with Rumble World, release it maybe at the end of 2016 or else, so I don't want to pay twice and I'll just be patient and do daily missions.

I'm pretty sure I heard that they do reappear after 20 or so hours? About the same time it takes a new mythical to appear. And they prevent the next one from appearing until you catch it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just tried it, seems to be slightly better than Shuffle in some ways. More time spent on puzzles, more energy and no RNG when it comes to catching Pokémon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I like this game! Didn't really get the basics of this when I saw these kinds of puzzles in the newspaper/puzzlemagazines, but I've quickly become adept, though there's still frequent moments in which I simply don't know where to look.

I mean, I've gotten through Manaphy without cheating..

It quickly becomes a slog to wait for Picrites, though.

Completely agree.. I mean, there's one argument for bringing it out free of purchase. They can't simply make it easy to mine for Picrites, or otherwise the audience won't necessarily buy them quick enough. The daily-rate of 6-9'ish free Picrites for the training is good for them, because it means you'll have to wait. And if there's anything that gamers hate, it's waiting.

If they made Picrite-Rewards infinite (i.e. same monetary-rewards when you replay a level), than everybody would harvest on the level that give the highest amount of Picrites for the lowest amount of energy - and thus not bother with actually coughing up cash. It's a lose-lose-situation. 1. There's not a dime of money coming in and 2. the game is not being played as intended.

Even the missions have become really stale, since if I don't manage a puzzle in 5 minutes (due to circumstance or what not), than I just finish the puzzle, take a picture of my finished result and redo the puzzle a second time to get the Picrites. Yippie. That's fun! No, it's not, but since you basically are forced to either pay, or get the bottom out of what's available, you have no other options..

alakazam^

You have the option of not taking a screenshot and challenge it without help.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey, could you cover more about the Murals? You have barely any info about them, especially anything regarding what you get for finishing them.

I have yet to finish them, but I don't believe you get anything for doing so.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I find it hilarious how the passwords lets you obtain right now, something that hasn't even debuted in Japan.

Anyway, so from what I heard, Alt-World is pointless? As in, you just have harder challenge, but no reward?

......if that's true then I'm not going to unlock that. Better spend my Picrites somewhere else.