• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Picross General Discussion & Discussion of Serebii's Discoveries Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I find it hilarious how the passwords lets you obtain right now, something that hasn't even debuted in Japan.

Anyway, so from what I heard, Alt-World is pointless? As in, you just have harder challenge, but no reward?

......if that's true then I'm not going to unlock that. Better spend my Picrites somewhere else.

To be fair, the passwords aren't meant to be known yet

Silversea

Well I'm sat doing nothing for a while because I'm many picrites out of unlocking area 5. So my plays are now consisting of 2 minutes a day for training, and no more.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
You have the option of not taking a screenshot and challenge it without help.

Yes, but I honestly don't feel that engaged.. I already did the puzzle, the only thing I'd redo the puzzle for are the Rewards. And if you don't get the time, than that just costs you "energy".. Which means that if you did the level once (but overtime), you already need to do the level again to get it in time, it means that a puzzle which needs 60 energy, suddenly needs 120. And if you screw up again, and just don't make it. That costs another 60 energy.

Which leaves me with 120 energy, which is barely 2 puzzles without any mistakes. Which makes the game play incredibly short before the energy runs out.

And lets be real here, if you're trying to get it in time a second time, than your probably going off memory for the broad strokes. It's not as if a quicker replay means that your general deduction-skill has suddenly improved. Because A. You now know which critter it is and B. You may remember exactly where that 10, 9, 8, or even the entire bottom row has to go off memory. I challenge it without help, but I'd rather not accidentally screw up on a second run and perhaps limit the amount of levels I can play before I again.. need to wait.

Which is the entire criticism here, the waiting the entire time..

I find it hilarious how the passwords lets you obtain right now, something that hasn't even debuted in Japan.Anyway, so from what I heard, Alt-World is pointless? As in, you just have harder challenge, but no reward?

......if that's true then I'm not going to unlock that. Better spend my Picrites somewhere else.

And something that many were expecting that would never make it to the games in the first place!

Yeah, I realized the steep pay-wall way too late. I spent 100p on that extra bit off energy when doing a puzzle when I could've waited.. Managed to get to the 5th level now.. xD

R_N

so the 800 didn't really last that long, about 4 worlds on the cheapest paths

i got a gift card though so i used it on the 200 & 1000 because i make smart decisions

I got the final infinite upgrade because my god the timer is obnoxious when you're trying to replay older levels now that you finally have the pokemon.
But I only made it to the end of World 25 (again, cheapest paths where available).

Counting catching up on older ones now that I have more things to do them with, I have 175. I need 230 for the next world.

I still have a few more to clear out, but the frustrating things are I still require pokemon from other paths (I was actually lucky I wandered into the Power Plant to get Jolteon so I could get Vaporeon's final picrites) and more and more puzzles are either mega evolution side paths or have picrites that require bringing in a mega evolution. But even if I had the **500** picrites for the pencil it would never make up the difference.

Alt World is also picrites down the hole, but at least you get another game's worth of levels out of it. Having the mega pencil be 500 picrites is absolutely ludicrous

And the funny thing is that even if I just bought the rest of the picrites, it makes the challenges absolutely worthless. 5000 picrites is enough for all the worlds I think and you get 1000 more every like day or whatever. If this game ever gets a retail release, hopefully they restructure it a little since in theory I wouldn't mind the picrites as reward, for upgrades, and as gateways.

alakazam^

Yes, but I honestly don't feel that engaged.. I already did the puzzle, the only thing I'd redo the puzzle for are the Rewards. And if you don't get the time, than that just costs you "energy".. Which means that if you did the level once (but overtime), you already need to do the level again to get it in time, it means that a puzzle which needs 60 energy, suddenly needs 120. And if you screw up again, and just don't make it. That costs another 60 energy.

Which leaves me with 120 energy, which is barely 2 puzzles without any mistakes. Which makes the game play incredibly short before the energy runs out.

And lets be real here, if you're trying to get it in time a second time, than your probably going off memory for the broad strokes. It's not as if a quicker replay means that your general deduction-skill has suddenly improved. Because A. You now know which critter it is and B. You may remember exactly where that 10, 9, 8, or even the entire bottom row has to go off memory. I challenge it without help, but I'd rather not accidentally screw up on a second run and perhaps limit the amount of levels I can play before I again.. need to wait.

Which is the entire criticism here, the waiting the entire time..
If you're not that engaged that's fair but still...

I hardly memorize the puzzles, I might remember the general shape of the pokemon picture but I do them like it was the first time and, when you get the hang of it, 5 minutes is more than enough to complete them. Besides, you still have pokemon skills to help you. Blue Force, Slow Time or the Bombs are more than enough.

Sure, waiting is annoying but the bright side is that you are free to do other stuff and when you return you probably can continue to play because the stamina fills quickly and you don't even need to have it full to resume playing.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
5000 picrites is enough for all the worlds I think and you get 1000 more every like day or whatever.

Actually, you get 1000 anytime you want. it's not day-based like Rumble World's diamonds.

You basically have infinite Picrites right away after buying a total of 5000, with no time-based restriction whatsoever.

R_N

ugh, the mythical was in an area i hadn't unlocked

but, i managed to scrounge up enough picrites for area 28

also you know what is really stupid about these challenges?
there's some that are labeled as "Use only <fix/time/reveal> skills". What this doesnt immediately get across is "Use only <x> skills at least once" and in the case of Auto Fix this requires you to have it fix a mistake despite activating at the start of the stage and this activating the cool down period.

R_N

Serebii could you please update the Alt World description so that this
Each stage also has its own set of challenges and Picrite rewards for completing them.

does not imply that the alt world has its own picrites per mission, since the only way to get picrites out of Alt World is through its associated medals.

speaking of which i still can not believe that every single medal only gives 3 picrites
like, okay, the easy ones, sure

but the ones that take a long time? the theoretically hard ones? the hard ones that take a lot of time?! why on earth is completing all missions the same as completing one mission????

monkeyman192

simply bored

R_N

Harder than the 20x15 puzzles we get in pokemon picross though.

none of the puzzles in pokemon picross are all that hard in comparison to some of the picross e games or picross ds

ALSO because i'm a total sucker for picross and a total hypocrit i guess, i did in fact buy the remaining picrites needed
and i think you can get away with only needing 4000, not the full 5000

I bought everything and now am amassing a ton of picrites i will never use because the only thing left to use them on are the cool down timers.

I feel like the game was originally Free to Play, then hurridly changed to Free to Start, but they did a terrible job trying to balance either of these. If you buy everything, the biggest gimmick involved (the challenges) mean nothing unless it involves murals. But in a F2P context, everything's just kind of too expensive until you suddenly eat through and have too many picrites.

The mega puzzles are nice, i guess. I wouldn't say they're worth 500 picrites, but the designs lead to neat puzzles, none of them are upser complex, and they have good powers for their size & cool down.

Also all the remaining mural pieces are locked behind Mythical Pokemon and today's still hasn't spawned for me so that's pretty dumb. Maybe let you use all these dang picrites that are now worthless.

Really, I'm intrigued on if they change anything about the game if they ever give it a physical release.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Spent some more time on Pokémon Picross and currently in Area 3. Now I'm definitely running out of Picrites and only have to depend on Daily Challenges to grind Picrites.

R_N

I'm about 10 medals away from completing everything in the game and in all, I'd say there's...

WEll, in terms of hours, I'd say I've probably gotten my money's worth. But I have issues with half that content being Mega Picross.
It's one thing in one of the e games, which are like 6 bucks and a decent way to appeal to people who like one or the other. But for this price tag it's kind of a bummer.
Mega Picross, even the smalelr puzzles, are harder and require a different logic to them. THere's a reason that to even buy the ticket to Alt World you need to go through 3 training courses. So imagine paying out for the full game but absolutely hating Mega Picross.

And in terms of the pokemon element, it's a big drag! Every pokemon is exactly the same, just with their positions swapped around so there's no big "oh I wonder what I'll catch this time!" incentive. They had to remake the puzzles anyway, so it seems like they should have grabbed different pokemon and spread the legends around. There's no real sense of progression either,s ince you need to move forward in Standard to move forward in Alt...and all just to reach the same places again. None of the challenges earn picrites, so people who paid a portion (& probably wasted picrites to get here in the first place) but not all of it have no real reason to do so unless they just like the challenge of it. And the challenges are harder for no real reason?? Mega Picross should have had slightly harder challenges, but not on such tight time frames. Instead I think they should had you able to unlock the harder challenges (perhaps for a higher picrite payout) in Standard; maybe it could unlock after crowning a world?

Also in the context of a $30 game, the music selection is non-existant. There's...4 puzzle themes, I think. The standard picross theme, the alt world picross theme and then the "special" theme and its alt variant. & a mural theme, but you're in that for so little. Picross E also has this problem but, again, smaller chunks of games. They should at least have a couple more tunes to up the presentation value is all I'm saying.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Spent some more time on Pokémon Picross and currently in Area 3. Now I'm definitely running out of Picrites and only have to depend on Daily Challenges to grind Picrites.

This is causing me to lose interest in the game. I have about 2 or 3 days to hind Picrites to open a new area. When I don't get to play regularly, I start to suck badly and thus wasting energy and Pokémon. I spent, I think, $1 US on Picrites, and that disappeared fast. I refuse to spend any more.

Pokémon distribution is horrendous. The first Rock/Ground type is in like level 13, but by then I can have almost a dozen Water/Ice types.

alakazam^

Grinding picrites in daily challenges isn't that bad because they stack nicely but the challenges are hard to level up.

Foltliss

Berserker Master
So I played this game as far as I could get without spending money, realized in the meantime that I had completely fallen in love with Picross, and bought the 5000 picrites.

I'm now almost 100% complete in both Alt-World and Standard. I'm only missing Arceus. Every other Pokémon, every world but 30, I have a crown symbol.

The page for mythical Pokémon says that once you complete Alt-World, mythical Pokémon show up without any delay. There is only one mythical Pokémon left, and it has been like... three days since any mythical Pokémon have appeared, Arceus' supposed 27-hour waiting period notwithstanding. Since the bit about the mythicals' waiting period being eliminated if you complete Alt-World seems to be dependent on you also having caught all the mythical Pokémon already, I'm not sure there's any point in stating it. Of course there will be no waiting period for mythical Pokémon if there are no more mythical Pokémon.

Edited because the morning after posting this, I closed the game software, reopened it, and Arceus immediately appeared with about 26 minutes left before it fled.

Last edited:

monkeyman192

simply bored
If you beat lvl 10 of the daily training in the required time (2 mins) you get a further 2 picrites on top of the 10+3 you get just for beating it. Making it possible to get 15 a day.
I have spent money on a total of 3000 picrites and I have cleared all but 5 of the stages, I am now just weighing up the pros and cons of either opening up up to 4 of the levels I can, or opening 2 and activating the mega pencil so I can get all the mega evolved pokemon (which seem to be a lot!).