• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Picross General Discussion & Discussion of Serebii's Discoveries Thread

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

R_N

While the primary F2P aspect can be neutered, the gating of areas sounds like it will be very annoying unless the daily challenges (?) let you reap picrates

Mettie7

I'm also very curious about picrates. Is there a way to earn them easily? I hope so :(

cassius335

Aura Trainer
So... including the first purchase discount, 600 Picrites is about £4? seems doable. I assume you have to upgrade the gauge in steps of 100?

Last edited:

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Shouldn't be, I just downloaded my copy.

Speaking of which: I don't think my brain has entirely wrapped itself around these yet, at least not to "within 5 minutes" standard. Gonna redo Oshawott once Evee & Oddish come off cooldown.

alakazam^

I don't get what Squirtle's ability does at all. What advantage do the blue numbers give?

R_N

I don't get what Squirtle's ability does at all. What advantage do the blue numbers give?

blue numbers tell you that you can make marks without any sort of careful guesswork, that you can basically just use math to see that, oh, this 1 5 1 row can have a dot without needing to mark things down or focus on another row

also

I disagree with serebii's advice of upgrading the energy meter to get rid of the F2P aspect
picrites are pretty stingy and prices for areas increase dramatically. The 5-6 you can earn from missions are going to run thin fast, especially since you'll start needing additional slots and future pokemon
I suggested upgrading twice then saving the remainder for areas or pokemon. I've already seen a few people wasted all their picrites on the meter and then get stuck in area 1

Last edited:

Silversea

Do you think this means a new Pokemon Ranger is in the works? Many sprites are crops of old Pokemon Ranger sprites, and they apparently had to make new ones for new Pokemon and megas in that style. Here's hoping...

Some look like Pokemon Pinball R & S sprites too (like ludicolo), too lazy right now to make direct comparisons.

Last edited:

R_N

Do you think this means a new Pokemon Ranger is in the works? Many sprites are crops of old Pokemon Ranger sprites, and they apparently had to make new ones for new Pokemon and megas in that style. Here's hoping...

while there could always be a new ranger in the works, I doubt Jupiter using their sprites as a base means much.
also i'm not sure how many of these are actual crops and not just coincidental due to needing a good pixelated pose

wingull's doesnt quite match, for example

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I noticed how some double-typed Pokemon are given their single typing by using their secondary type, instead of having all primary types used like in Battle Trozei with the exception of dual Normal types). It makes me wonder how they determine the typings in this game, maybe just to make it feel more diverse aesthetically?

Last edited:

R_N

I noticed how some double-typed Pokemon are given their single typing by using their secondary type, instead of having all primary types used like in Battle Trozei (except dualNormal types). It makes me wonder how they determine the typings in this game, maybe just to make it feel more diverse aesthetically?

Almost definitely diversity and probably balance reasons since ability is tied to type

alakazam^

blue numbers tell you that you can make marks without any sort of careful guesswork, that you can basically just use math to see that, oh, this 1 5 1 row can have a dot without needing to mark things down or focus on another row
I'm terribly sorry but I didn't understand what you meant to say...

Let's use your example. A row with a 1 5 1 in blue. Ok, what does this tell me? I know the numbers turn black if I tap in a certain place, does it mean I shouldn't have tapped there? What would you do in my place?

The reason I'm confused is because, from my way of reading its explanation, it seems the skill just tells you how many squares I should tap in that row but that's what the numbers do anyway! It's frustrating because the game seems to force that skill a lot and I can't use it xD

R_N

I'm terribly sorry but I didn't understand what you meant to say...

Let's use your example. A row with a 1 5 1 in blue. Ok, what does this tell me? I know the numbers turn black if I tap in a certain place, does it mean I shouldn't have tapped there? What would you do in my place?

The reason I'm confused is because, from my way of reading its explanation, it seems the skill just tells you how many squares I should tap in that row but that's what the numbers do anyway! It's frustrating because the game seems to force that skill a lot and I can't use it xD

alright so, i'm bad with words so i'll try to break down what i mean and hopefully it makes sense that way

Let's go back to my 1 5 1 example

Let's pretend thats in a 15x15 and not 10x10, since it'd be harder to figure out.
How would you figure it out normally? Maybe count it out, use some other rows, things like that right?
In an empty 15 x 15, it'd be easy to look at it and realize you don't have enough to go on and maybe you'll come back later. But it's harder to see at a glance if there's more you can do there once you've messed with other parts of the puzzle.

Blue means that you can make at least one move in there without guess work. If it was blue but turned black, that means you either found the spot(s) or you accidentally entered the wrong spot (I usually do this when i forget to switch from fill to X)

e: To put it another way, if you activate blues you'll see at a glance what rows you can do SOMETHING in. Any black rows are a waste of time in that instance

Last edited:

alakazam^

Ok, I kinda figured it out, it does help after all.

R_N

i was looking through the medals and it is really dumb how ALL the rewards are 3 picrites

also there's a set of medals for clearing a puzzle with pairs of related pokemon. So like, all the pikaclones, Latias & Latios, things like that. But then one of these is...Luvdisc & Sudowoodo
what

Clear a puzle with the following pokemon: Talonflame, Landorus, Garchomp, Mega Kangaskhan
hahahahahahahha

Last edited:

Silversea

while there could always be a new ranger in the works, I doubt Jupiter using their sprites as a base means much.
also i'm not sure how many of these are actual crops and not just coincidental due to needing a good pixelated pose

wingull's doesnt quite match, for example

I think you might be right now I've seen a few. Some are close but slightly altered, perhaps to make sure the puzzles aren't impossible without skills.

monkeyman192

simply bored
played for a little bit. It seems liks a lot of fun. It doesn't really look like it is possible to play through this game as easily as say shuffle without paying anything (more like rumble world I guess...). I assume there is no easy way to grind picrites? Even if you maxed your energy gauge, that would only allow you to get 6 picrites by just playing already completed stages over and over (or do you not get more picrites for beating the challenges again?)
So basically, do people think it is worth buying some picrites, and if so, how many? I don't know if I really want to spend ~AUD$40 on it to get 5k picrites...

Missions reward their picrite reward only once, so the only source seems the daily challenges. Looks like a very slow progression unless you pay.

The_Raven

Completing Dex in OR
Missions reward their picrite reward only once, so the only source seems the daily challenges. Looks like a very slow progression unless you pay.

Someone made a calculation that it will take a bit more than a year to unlock everything if you don't want to pay and if you complete a daily challenge everyday.