• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (1) (539)

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
That would be really nice - do we know when the release date is for Ranger: Shadows of Almia?

Yeah, the release for the US is on November 10th, 2008. SUCH A LONG TIME AWAY!!! It's unfortunate that this episode was really just a filler and is being treated as such. But still, I think it's more fitting to have it air on the day of Shadows of Almia's release.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Will this episode ever air in the US?

HoennMaster

Don't people ever pay attention to airing patterns? Did you happen to notice that the two Deoxys episodes in Season 8 were aired out of order near the release of Ranger 1? Same will happen here.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I thought, from what Serebii said in august that this episode will air for Pkmn Ranger 2: SoA in November. Maybe like on the 8th or 15th, right after/before the game is out.

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
Just a bit of imagination...
What if a Pokemon Ranger tries to capture a Pokemon with the capture styler, but the Pokemon is already another trainer's? For example, if a Ranger bumps into Ash's Pikachu in the wild and tries to capture it........
Sorry, my imagination is getting out of whack..

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Oh wierd news...

The Pkmn Ranger Part 1 and 2 episodes are gonna air on November 1 and 8, 2008 I suppose. Thats what Serebii posted.

kiara911

What the heck AM I??
ash took riolu's attack head-on??? i know he saw that coming!! he's that type of person who likes pain!!!!! O.O
and that doll!!! it looks like a cookie!!!! I WANT THAT RIOLU COOKIE!!!!

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
The episode was better than I expected to be. A Riolu that learns aura sphere before it evolves sounds really awesome.

Brumrha

Banned
Hmm... I've never thought that today that the Pokemon Ranger Special would be airing... but who am I to complain?

I've never thought that Ash can read Riolu's aura, & with that said, it's a shame that it won't accompany him in his quest...

Also, these new rangers are a step above with their Battonage Stylers, which basically captures a Pokemon instantly. That is something that he needed while he was going after him, & helping him escape the clutches of Hunter J. Of course, J never stops until she gets what she wants, & she'll do whatever it takes.

For this reason, I'd like to see her fossilized underneath the ground.

That's all I've got.
*goes back to playing Condemned*

ash took riolu's attack head-on??? i know he saw that coming!! he's that type of person who likes pain!!!!! O.O
and that doll!!! it looks like a cookie!!!! I WANT THAT RIOLU COOKIE!!!!

At first I thought that doll was a cookie too...

But yeah, this episode wasn't bad. Though I was hoping they would air both parts at once.
Ash having the same aura as Riolu peeved me off, but it's too be expected. After all Ash has every single power and every spiritual connection with every Pokemon ever.

Anyway...I have gained respect for the new Pokemon Rangers. At first I thought Kellen was just a pansy but he turned out to be pretty badass.

And I'm lovin' these D/P villains. They're actually jerks!

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
The guy that was trying to kidnap Riolu earlier must be the client that Hunter J seems to be working for. Though that's hard to tell on this episode since most of the goons were part of J's forces.

Rex Kamex

I thought the episode was neat, but I thought there'd be more to this one, but... oh well.

Just a bit of imagination...
What if a Pokemon Ranger tries to capture a Pokemon with the capture styler, but the Pokemon is already another trainer's? For example, if a Ranger bumps into Ash's Pikachu in the wild and tries to capture it........
Sorry, my imagination is getting out of whack..

... I'd actually like to see that happen sometime. Not necessarily with Ash, though. Just one of the what-ifs in the Pokemon world that I wish could be answered (although I didn't think about this one until you mentioned it).

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I just got back home a few hours later, so I missed it :(

Im gonna watch it later, and just say what I like and stuff.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Interesting to see Riolu. I found it random how Nincada just happened to be there at the right time. Croagunk’s timing was prefect as usual. It was cool to see a Floatzel. I thought it was quite extreme the measures Hunter J went through to get Riolu.