• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (2) (540)

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
I hope Hunter J finally gets stopped by Ash, but who knows when that episodes gonna arrive. hopefully before The Dialga and Palkia anime appearences.

Apparently due to the latest Galaxy episodes, the Galaxy admins will actually probably call J for some capturing of the lake trio. Probably at the summit of Mt. Tengan Ash and J will settle this once and for all.

ccangelopearl1362

Let me see: having Salamence use Hyper Beam and then Flamethrower on Ash directly, ordering Drapion to grab him, then ejecting him and Pikachu from her ship -- while it's in flight. I have a feeling that Pokémon Hunter J is developing a grudge against Ash for standing in her way too often. In fact, I will dare to say that J has taken a special place as one of my favorite fictional female villains... alongside the Female Changeling from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I will look forward to seeing the next confrontation with J, such that by the final showdown, she might be inclined to wage an all-out, one-woman war to destroy Ash and his friends once and for all. Fortunately, that Aura Sphere-wielding Riolu is back where it belongs, thereby denying J's client the power he's been craving for some unknown reasons. Overall, this was an excellent episode.

Littlemyuu

Nice episode, im really glad that Ash could save Riolu after all!

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
This episode was nice and epic with a great story. I saw it in black and white which made it more atmospheric. The episode was enjoyable and enthusiastic.
8/10.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The best episode in this season. i loved the battle with Aggron, it was great.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I agree with Deicaro, that it was epic. Hunter J and a cute Riolu in one episode? With Aura from Movie 8, music from Movie 8, and a new Pokemon Ranger? That's intense :p

I liked that Riolu was unique due to the fact that it knew Aura Sphere (it cannot legally learn that until it evolves into Lucario). I guess it knew it because it was more attuned to aura than most of it's species.

Hunter J trapping Ash and almost killing his with Hyper Beams was so cool, she's so darn evil. 10/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Hunter J is one of the best villains the show has ever seen. She shows little to no emotion for people and pokemon, she can steal pokemon in the blink of an eye, and she flies around on a Salamence that will Hyper Beam anything at her command, what more could you ask for in a pokemon villain? I'm glad Riolu was reunited with it's trainer and is now safe. These Ranger episodes were great.

ank

Banned
Pokemon Hunter J having a grudge against Ash for standing in her way its nonsense and not true at all because it was made up and it was never a hate hate thing between Ash& Hunter J, it was a love & hate thing between them and some fans need to deal with it since it its a fact.

This mother ****ing crap about Hunter J having a one woman war to destroy Ash& his friends its not true at all and this its made up crap that some retarded fans made up in their crazy god damn heads.

This episode wasn't epic at all are all that great and some fans need to stop making things a fact like Staraptor saving Ash's life which its total bull **** nonsense since Ash's life was not in any danger at all and this crap about Hunter J wanted to kill Ash, was never ever a fact in the first place , are even try to kill Ash at all in this episode and there its no hate hate thing with them, it its a love and hate thing Ash & Hunter J have for each other, atleast have them have sex with each other which i no ain't going to happen.

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
To the person above- O-Okay take a chill pill. And J did try to kill Ash and obivously hates him. And hello! Ash is 10! J is like 30. And ash was in danger of breaking something when Staraptor caught him

Anyways despite what the above poster said (I know he's banned) I thought it was a pretty good episode. J must be really sick of them now, I say she is one of my favorite villains as well, much more evil then Jessie lol (Or Cassidy), and she's ruthless and comes real close to taking off with the Pokemon.

Well here are some pics which i posted on the speculation thread with some new ones,

[IMG139]http://i26.*******.com/2cdhfll.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i31.*******.com/2cy1f2h.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i31.*******.com/2ylw6x1.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i31.*******.com/slk5yx.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i26.*******.com/n3166t.jpg[/IMG139][IMG139]http://i27.*******.com/eqavjm.jpg[/IMG139]

Those last two picture are just too cute for words.

The last picture: I'll bet Riolu's thinking "Yay! I has cookie that looks like me now!"
(Yes, i know it's actually a wooden carving.)

Lucario At Service, you sure do have a knack for finding the coolest/cutest screenshots ever! I applaud you!

cookie? thats a little wooden carving...

lmfao...also, it looks like Dawns wearing no clothes...just boots and a hat...

[IMG139]http://i28.*******.com/2ng52mo.png[/IMG139]

Oh, no! The onslaught of one-headed doduo's is coming! RUUUNNN!!!
In relation to this picture, it was neat to see a Nidorino and (I think, I can't really tell, there a little small) some Nidoran females in their as well.

Oh thank god for that. Now I can die happy

I actually laughed when I read this!

good..then die now cause your sarcasm is not welcomed by me

Wow! No sense of humor much?

Pokemon Hunter J having a grudge against Ash for standing in her way its nonsense and not true at all because it was made up and it was never a hate hate thing between Ash& Hunter J, it was a love & hate thing between them and some fans need to deal with it since it its a fact.

This mother ****ing crap about Hunter J having a one woman war to destroy Ash& his friends its not true at all and this its made up crap that some retarded fans made up in their crazy god damn heads.

This episode wasn't epic at all are all that great and some fans need to stop making things a fact like Staraptor saving Ash's life which its total bull **** nonsense since Ash's life was not in any danger at all and this crap about Hunter J wanted to kill Ash, was never ever a fact in the first place , are even try to kill Ash at all in this episode and there its no hate hate thing with them, it its a love and hate thing Ash & Hunter J have for each other, at least have them have sex with each other which i no ain't going to happen.

^ Ooookay...

Anyway...

Now my summary:

An epic conclusion to an awesome two parter. So glad that Hunter J didn't get her hands on that little Riolu! Also, Ash sure gets awesomely emotional when it comes to rescuing Pokemon from Hunter J! An all out showdown between Hunter J and AshnCo. would be so epic!

My thoughts:

The way Riolu says his name is really cute!
What a heart-warming scene when Riolu just jumps into Ash's arms and hugs him. Awwwww.....
*Hugs Riolu*

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I wonder if that Riolu was from the generation of Sir Aaron's Lucario?

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. Those cruel machines were back again... this time used for Riolu... It was cool how Riolu was able to communicate to Ash its whereabouts through the Aura connection. It was cool that Riolu got it's wooden carving of Riolu back again. That wooden carving is really cool.

60/100

To the person above- O-Okay take a chill pill. And J did try to kill Ash and obivously hates him. And hello! Ash is 10! J is like 30. And ash was in danger of breaking something when Staraptor caught him

Anyways despite what the above poster said (I know he's banned) I thought it was a pretty good episode. J must be really sick of them now, I say she is one of my favorite villains as well, much more evil then Jessie lol (Or Cassidy), and she's ruthless and comes real close to taking off with the Pokemon.

Well as i seen it Hunter J does not hate Ash but it did appear as if she was trying to kill him but she was ruthless anyways.This episode was ok not the best one but pretty good.

After having finally bothered to watch this (what is it with me lately watching episodes late?), I gotta say I rather enjoyed it. There were some things that kind of irked me, but only in a comedic way. Hard to explain.

After everything he's foiled from her, I don't really blame her.

Mostly from movie 8 and 9 though.

How were you pronouncing him to begin with?

A few things I noticed: Apparently, Dawn has a blonde moment; sending Pachirisu against a group of Pokemon that almost all have ground type as a second type. Oy, thank goodness Pachirisu didn't attack. I would have mocked her then.

You know, that one scene where Ash is being crushed by Drapion? I knew it was big, but this thing was huge! I did find it funny that Ash kicks it in the eye, then falls into a conveniently placed trap door; one that disappears after activating. Neat.

It was weird that the animators used CG to animate J's ship. Sure, it's something very imposing, but I'm not sure if CG was best use. Oh wel.

Blastoise using Rain Dance, as that's it's field move in Ranger.

Team Rocket's balloon is surprisingly combustible; it lightly hits J's ship and explodes.

Apparently, J leaves only when she's paid. Doesn't matter if her client is in trouble, it don't concern her.

Riolu canceling Hyper Beam: not surprising, if Lucario could push it back, then Riolu's Aura Sphere should be just enough to do something similar.

Eh, that about does it.

~C_L~

Hunter J was always ruthless to Pokemon, i can see that she is also ruthless to humans aswell, after what she almost did to Ash in this episode. J having her Drapion crushing Ash and dropping him out of the ship like that, made this a very hot sexual episode and what she did was a very good turn on. I mean Hunter J is hot looking after all.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Back then, I hoped Ash would catch that Riolu. It was such an incredible Pokemon with a very nice personality. And to boot, it knew Aura Sphere ahead of time. Too bad this was the last time the aura concept was brought.

[IMG139]http://i28.*******.com/2ng52mo.png[/IMG139]

Oh dear, that "Doduo" surely has quite a story to tell.

NPT

Just a member
This episode was one of the best DP episodes in my opinion. Hunter J was cruel, as she tried to sell Riolu and attempted to kill Ash. I loved it when Ash kicked J's Drapion in it's eye. Ash's sense of aura and music from movie 8 in this episode was awsome, the animation was great too. It's great that TPCI kept all japanese BGM in this episode, they should do it more often.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ash's connection with Riolu using Aura was really nice. At least Riolu gets saved and the Riolu doll that Ash had temporarily was returned. Trapping Ash and friends in the fire was cruel but at least they got saved by wild Blastoise's Rain Dance.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Ash used Buizel and Chimchar to escape the forest and his usage of aura again was cool. Pikachu defeating Aggron was great as well and my only issue is that Ash didn't get to keep Riolu. ^^;