• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

Pokémon Ranger and the Prince Of The Sea - Manafi!

On their travels through the Battle Frontier, Ash & Co. meet up with a Pokémon Ranger called Jackie who is on a mission to protect Manafi's egg and deliver it to an ancient temple in the depths of the sea. However, a pirate called Phantom wants the Egg for his own desired. In protection of this egg, May obtains a bond with Manafi, and when it hatches befriends it and will attempt to protect it. Will they Protect it? Will they complete the mission?

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Well, after reading the guide, guess that puts a halt on TGB's idea of Jackie being the main villain.

Anyway, it looks like it's gonna be good; the thing I'm most interested in is Manafi's childlike nature and May acting as it's mother. In fact, it's almost a shame that it will be done with those terrible new VA's. *shudder*

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Awww, I loved how Jackie and Ash interacted so much, let alone May and Ash.

Seemed like Max and Brock were thrown in the back, painted grey, pushed to the ground and kicked a couple of time to never be heard of in 90% of the movie.
Ah well.

I was a bit surprised that Manaphy seemed to calm down after it had Jackie and Ash switch bodies and it was then with Ash. I always got the impression from the previews that it wasn't fond of him - Glad I was wrong, though.

What I feel like was left out, though, was the King's powers Ash was granted. Did he keep them or did they disappear along with Akuja in the end?

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Chatsy said:
Seemed like Max and Brock were thrown in the back, painted grey, pushed to the ground and kicked a couple of time to never be heard of in 90% of the movie.
That's different from the main series how? XP

After reading the guide...interesting. No major comments ATM, other than Kyogre having what looked like 5 minutes of screentime right at the end. Yesh, it was the first thing we saw in the promos for this and it had such a minor role.

Manaphy seems like Ash's Larvitar in nature, somewhat. And so THAT'S what the Prince of the Sea thing was about...

And of course Pirate Dude(yegads, I keep forgetting his name x.x)...uh, Phantom...ended up having that superhuman strength from a machine at the end. D:

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Juputoru said:
That's different from the main series how? XP

This lasts longer?

o.o

Juputoru said:
And of course Pirate Dude(yegads, I keep forgetting his name x.x)...uh, Phantom...ended up having that superhuman strength from a machine at the end. D:
Oh yeah, what a frickin' rip-off!
Yet, Jackie gets to be all agile and acrobatic with a parttime job as a clown. Of coooouuurse.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Granted a guide can only so much, but from what I've read I gotta say I like it.

True there are some past movie similarities, but Haruka's relationship with Manaphy seems much more emotional than Masato and Jirachi's and I think that fact alone will help me love it. Another thing I liked about this movie were the amount of times Jackie expresses worry over Haruka and Manaphy's relationship.

In the sixth movie Haruka was concerned, but unlike Jackie, she never tried to say "Ok, we need to break this up", even if Jackie didn't exactly intend it to be mean. For him to act that way (right down to talking behind her back about it) seemed much more realistic to me. I also really enjoy the whole underwater city deal. I'm a big Atlantis freak, so that worked well with me. xD

*sigh* Now just gotta wait till the movie comes out. Some of the final scenes sound like they'll be really good to watch.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
You know those quickfire talkbacks I do for episode reviews where I repeatedly switch between watching the ep and posting some random comment? I think I'll do the same here.

- HITOMI cameo? You mean, as in Hitomi from Movie 7? This is already getting good...
- So the Mantine isn't actually Jackie's. He just used that mind-controlling Beyblade on it.
- Max is getting abused in this. Joy.
- Team Rocket has their own magazine?
- TR body-switch motto sounds hysterical.
- Now that I think about it, Wobbuffet and Manene switching bodies would have been even funnier.
- Not only does May have premature "growth", but she's a preteen mother!
- The chemistry between Manaphy and May is cute...
- Manaphy SINGS!?!
- I'm getting some serious Movie 6 vibes from this.
- All right, so a Tamanta DOES do something in this...
- Phantom needs to take some classes on being a villain.
- Now we're moving into Movie 8...
- Mechanized suit? Lame.
- WTF? Not only does Manaphy have power over flipping Kyogre, but the thing is treated the same as any other ordinary Pokemon? And appears for what sounds like one minute?

Sounds okay overall, but probably would have been much better if it didn't rehash so many ideas from previous movies. I'll await the Hiromi pics from this point.

Pokefreak

Zephyr Trainer
Yes,what about Diaruga/Parukia being in the movie?I didn't see them anywere.

Mr_Confused

The Ultimate
Latios said:
They weren't in it. So I can make this easier to see by people...

Diaruga and Parukia were not in the movie at any given point

WHAT!?! it even says on diaruga's page that its in the movie, man that sucks.

S.Suikun

Thank God Diaruga wasn't in, I say. Especially considering how Kyogre got gypped. Too many legendaries = Overkill. Save him for Movie 10.

Some pics are now up on the main site it seems.

Ash has become Super Sonic! The Manaphy scenes are cute, and Phantom drowning in a vortex of Remoraid is funny.

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Latios said:
A commercial yes, for the DP games.

Thought so, just wasnted to clear that up.

From the pictures it does seem like a nice movie, and I am getting a Movie 6 vibe here. The Ash v Phantom 'battle' does look nice though. The art style seems a cut above previous movies too.

One question: Does Phantom die?

S.Suikun

skarmachild said:
One question: Does Phantom die?
No. According to the summary, he gets arrested in the credits.

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Porygandrew said:
**Yet another comment at wasted Kyogre potential** There wasn't even "Drizzle" in effect??

**Yet another comment at how Brock did nothing spectacular**

I can't wait to see more of the pokemon-in-large-crowds pictures as well as the actual performance the troupe, uh.... performed.

Edit: and DAANG! Tamanta's one big baby! @____@;;;

Where did you see Tamanta?

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Well I should be getting my region free portable DVD player tommorow, once this movie comes out on DVD I'm going to buy it

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
Woah. May gets to take care (I NEVER SAID CAPTURE) of a legendary. That sound like even more unecesary May glorification. Might possibly turn me off.