• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

coolcobra77

Your Worst Nightmare
It's an ok movie, just saw it.

The effects are good as said, and the story was given to us in moderation and what was relevant. (I'm sure most movies just have a long scene where everything is explained)

I didn't like how Ash suddenly appeared with the light around him... does that make him the king of the sea or crowned by the sea crown or something?

My last annoyance (my personal one) I'm too cheap to buy the dvd version so I usually tape the pokemon movies when they appear on tv. So first of all my vcr won't tape so I'm halway into the movie before I realize this. I figured I could just tape the second showing of it at 9:00, but the second the first movie finishes the second one begins! I was able to tape, but luckily I got it in before it went to the Manaphy egg.

Now here is something for you all to chew on...

Since the anime usually shows all legendary pokemon, they're going to show Phione some day. But... if May is gone when Manaphy comes back (because Manaphy would be its parent!) with Phione what is going to happen? A sequal perhaps?

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
This has to be my least favorite movie. There was NO ACTION AT ALL and it was very sappy. Also, Kyogre had no screen time.

4th Generation Master

It was good. Mostly because of how cool it was that it was so similar to Pokemon Ranger and the Manaphy mission, both of which I just played within the last week. Also for most of the movie I wasn't even thinking about how the voice actors changed. They sounded, for the most part, the same. Manaphy was not as good as Lucario, though. It was about as good as Deoxys. Jirachi was a bit better. Also on par with both Mewtwos. Unown and PwrOf1 were better than all of them except Lucario. It was also way better than 4ever and Heroes, they stunk big time. Lucario is still by far my favorite though.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
That was the best movie ever!
You can see where I got my username!!!!!!!!

I love how May got a huge role in this movie. I nearly cried at parts. ;-;

This movie was awesome. Way better than I was expecting. One of my favorite parts was when Team Rocket all switched voices. xD I wasn't expecting that at all. You gotta love those 3. And that pirate was awesome.

This is definitely one of my favorite movies.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Im not really a fan of the new movies but, I though what the hell, I have nothing else to do. So I watched it, and I'm very pleased at te results. Unlike Destiny Deoxys it actually had a point instead of just trying to find a friend. The artwork is, let's just call it a visual orgasm. But, making Ash the King of the Sea was almost to predicatable and, just really dumb to me. C'mon what about Ms. May over in the capsule? I also like the representation of Buizel. The collar is actually a floatation device (like it needs one, it's a freakin' weasel/otter!) The tails were used as it's propellers underwater. But, Manaphy's ability I have to say made me lose interest for a time because it's so strange, and really, hearts only pump blood. Overall, a pretty good movie, except that Kyogre was only in the last 30 Mins!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I don't get the "no action at all" thing people are saying.

What about Jackie escaping the pirates? Or the Team Rocket chase scene? Or when the Beedrill attack and Phantom? Or when Jackie and Phantom fight? Or when Ash and Phantom have a SUPER SAIYAN battle.

-"Love you...Mama." OMGSOKAWAII.-;_;- BTW, I couldn't really tell Manaphy had a dub voice besides its talking...whoever did it was pretty good.

-*insert Over 9,000 joke in the final battle scene*:p

-TR breaking the 4th wall as usual.^^;

-Is it just me, or was the music for Jackie's flashback changed for the dub? I liked that Spurt remix.;_;

-Holy 'karp, barely any typical pirate phrases from Phantom. I think there were more from TR.

-Kyogre: Deus Ex Machina!*uses Hyper Beam*

-Did they HAVE to make the Wailmer and Wailord CG? There's a time not to use that, and that'd be one of those times.:mad:

-Jackie has Tucker's VA...o_0

Deception

is back
There was enough action.Sludge Bomb from Beedrill was awesome.And the plot was better than most of the movies.Besides,IMO the movies never get as much action as the show.

Silverline

Frontier Outcast
Thank God Diaruga wasn't in, I say. Especially considering how Kyogre got gypped. Too many legendaries = Overkill

I agree with you on that, and this movie had at four of them, Rayquaza who got captured by some scientists in the early preview (Frankly I would find that a more interesting movie to follow.) Manaphy, Kyogre (Who got all of 5 minutes worth of screne time and was confused by a ship to boot.), and Zapdos (Who got ringged by the Ranger.)

REally, they should have stuck with Manaphy alone.

Digitalkaiser65

Dark Master
I thought this movie was personally better then the 8th movie. oO
I hated the vouces and animation in 8, this was alot cleaner, the voices were better, and it reminded me a bit of another pokemon movie, but I cant put my finger on it. It brought up nostolgia.

I think its because it was a movie before the actual DP games came out....sort of like the power of one showed us a glimpse of Gold and silver before they arrived. :) Nostolgia was the emotion I had throughout this movie.

BRAVO!

Digitalkaiser65

Dark Master
I thought this movie was personally better then the 8th movie. oO
I hated the vouces and animation in 8, this was alot cleaner, the voices were better, and it reminded me a bit of another pokemon movie, but I cant put my finger on it. It brought up nostolgia.

I think its because it was a movie before the actual DP games came out....sort of like the power of one showed us a glimpse of Gold and silver before they arrived. :) Nostolgia was the emotion I had throughout this movie.

BRAVO!

Galatica Phantom

Mineral Trainer
The only thing I liked on this Movie was the Music and Manaphy. I loved all the songs in the middle of it. Mainly the battle themes(?). The intro Sucked, it was all..."Happy Happy, Joy Joy"

And I think they killed the CG.

Galatica Phantom

Mineral Trainer
The only thing I liked on this Movie was the Music and Manaphy. I loved all the songs in the middle of it. Mainly the battle themes(?). The intro Sucked, it was all..."Happy Happy, Joy Joy"

And I think they killed the CG.

9tails

I liked this movie. The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of Pokemon battles and the ranger. He annoyed me more than Max, surprisingly, but I'm not quite sure why he annoyed me. But everything else was good. I like it. :)

These newer movies aren't really appealing to me. the first 5 movies were pretty good in my opinion but the newer ones just suck in my opinion. They're about the pintsized legendaries and their dumb bonds. The Deoxys one sucked the most in my opinion because 1. There really wasn't a bad guy just a mistaken one. and 2. Legendaries are taken down by an army of floating blocks.The first 5 were good because they actually had a true enemy and the legendaries actually kind of lived up to their reputations. thats just me though

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I was out somewhere, so I only caught the last 30 minutes. I'll catch the repeat later.

Lizabeth's voice was good, so I was happy obviously. Thing I didn't like? CN cutting off the ending song. Those *******s. It was clearly replaced by an English vocal, but I'm still curious as to how it was.

Regarding the "no action" stuff, the Lucario movie had less action than this, yet the Lucario movie is still considered to be the best movie by many fans. Movie 4 had action, except that it was sucky action.