• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

Psyboy

Psychic Breeder
The movie was good, but it didn't top Pokemon 8. It got stale in the middle. Did anyone else laugh when Ash locked up May, Manaphy, and Pikachu. I mean I know he was helping them but I couldn't help but think that he left them there to die, I dunno I'm crazy sometime. I really liked the first refrence to Diamond and Pearl something like "Our pockets will be full of Diamond and Pearls" "That sounds like a perfect name for a game" LOL

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Second. Best. Movie. Ever! Right next to Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! But it was long. 2 and a Half Hours! Longer than Star Wars!

Teh Goodzors:
Major deja-vu of Jirachi Wishmaker
Another Brendan cameo! YAY!
Huge Advanceshippy moments!
When TR switched bodies, funny motto!
CHATOT!
BUIZEL! My new favorite water type!
KYOGRE!
Manafi saying 'happy' and 'love you' was so cute! Even as a boy I admit it!
Ash goes Super Saiyan!

Teh Badzors:
Ash and Jackie didn't stay switched for too long
Kyogre got, like, a minute of screentime
They say Jackie's the best Ranger, but he's Rank 9, not 10...(Really, lok on his shoulder, it shows his rank)
Tamanta has a very small role
No explenation to how Jackie, May, max, and Brock got on the ship.

Last edited:

AdvancedK9

SHOOP DA WOOP!!!
The movie was good, but it didn't top Pokemon 8. It got stale in the middle. Did anyone else laugh when Ash locked up May, Manaphy, and Pikachu. I mean I know he was helping them but I couldn't help but think that he left them there to die, I dunno I'm crazy sometime. I really liked the first refrence to Diamond and Pearl something like "Our pockets will be full of Diamond and Pearls" "That sounds like a perfect name for a game" LOL

Ash lokin them up was one of my advanceshippy faves

This movie was the most Advanceshippyest,then WMJ,then DD,then LMM(actually advanceshippy zucky)

Ash and may swimming...with luvdisc NO COINSIDENCE
Ash didnt seem to want to sepearate May and Manaphy NO COINSIDENCE
May praying for ash to succed NO COINSIDENCE
Manaphy doing something to may's prayer and ash get encouaraged NO COINSIDENCE

and more

But seriously,it was very advanceshippy,i got an advanceshipper's spurt
(which hurts more than a growt spurt)

I feel like watching the encore presentation.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I hated how they set up Lizabeth's connection with the temple and her ancient bloodline then proceeded to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with it.

nerfer2

man manaphy was so cute when it said "love you" and "happy" yes i am a boy.............why are you guys staring at me................i have a soul to!

go manaphy! go go manaphy;manafi; ;490; yay!

now im sounding like a damn chear leader?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!? wtf is worng with me

manaphy is now one of my favorite pokemon next to deoxys

Last edited:
I loved all the "3D" pokemon effects in the ocean, and how cute Manaphy was, ecxpesely at the end! "Love you..mama...Love you...may"
But I was a little dissaponited that Kyogre didn't really get a big part in the movie, He only appeard at the very end.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
I thought this was a great movie. I really got into it because this is May's last big thing. I didn't really cry but got a little teary when my had to avoid Manaphy and it was on the side of the ship jumping out of the water yelling, "Happy love you!" That was very sad. I thought this movie was awesome and is my favorite. I thought we were going to see Phione but I guess not. They made Manaphy look really cute. I thought it would be this ugly thing but it looked cute and sounds great. It is one of my favorite pokemon along with Charizard. Oh, and Jessie as Meowth was really funny. I thought that Jackie was jealous of May the whole time... he was really cocky I didn't like him too much. When Ash and everyone flew around at the end that was pretty mood ruening... but whatever. Still great movie. When I transfer over my egg to Diamond I am naming my Manaphy "Happy". Isn't that sort of the name he took? He was like, "Happy loves you". Right?

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
It's sad that Poland never get more than first 3 movies. I would loove to watch 9th film in my TV.

Anyway, what were Characters's dub names?

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
i thought this was totally amazing XD And i thought it was so cute with manaphy and may and ash was totally hot! the music was awsome to :)

10/10

Cobalt_Latios

First off, it seems as if us Canadians will be getting Pokemon 9 by April 17. That is what it says on the Rogers Video website.

Secondly, I was able to watch this movie, thanks to a peculiar website.

Lets see, possibly one of the best pokemon movies ive seen in quite a while. the next one would be LatMoM, followed by Heroes. Liked the whole plot, the characters and the Ranger. Team Rocket had probably a decent role in this movie that strongly resembled that in Movie 4. The funniest thing they say is:

James: "We'll get Diamonds and Pearls"
Meowth: "Lets just get through this season first"

For once, i think their voices were very good, and sound better than their show voices. I was a little worried that there would be too much CG to interfere, but it worked so nicely that it didn't bother me at all. One of my favorite parts is the Team Rocket Heart Swap part. Best laughs and all. A little strange that Ash never noticed that their voices didnt match the character, but then again this is a character that isnt able to see through their most obvious disguises.

Chatot had possibly the most second most pointless role. Only surpassed by Mantyke who really didnt even have a role. Chatot never gets to use Blabber or any attack for that matter. Though it is a parrot so i guess its real role is to act like any pirates parrot.

Manaphy, well it was another pokemon that uses mostly abilities as opposed to attacks.

Kyogre gets a movie appearance. Though at least it's real, unlike pseudo Groudon. I was hoping for it to at least use Hydro Pump on the Submarine, but seeing how popular Hyper Beam was, i guess its alright. And for a minute, it looked like a yellow flamethrower.

My biggest confusion: they mentioned that the temple has traps. Unless the water was supposed to be the trap then im blind because i never once saw anything that could remotely even be considered a trap.

Pikachu never gets to properly shock anyone this time around; it's mostly just for defense.

A little disappointed that the opening theme(Battle Frontier) wasnt played, as that's one of my favorite parts of any of the movies. Which is the reason why Pokemon 8 is still one of my favorites. Otherwise it was pretty good. And i also noticed that before anything else they showed a japanese symbol thingy that are usually in all the movies. Im not sure if this is what you guys saw, but if it is then PUSA must be slightly trying to appeal to the minority of the fans by having that there.

Now, I recognized Elizabeth's voice as a character in one of the Battle Frontier episodes, but im unable to figure out who it was. My sister thought that her grandfather sounded at times like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons. And of course i thought that the Phantom sounded like the evil king of Pokelantis. Though, it does sorta fit.

Anyways, that's all i have to say. Now to buy it in about 4 weeks... grumble...

~C_L~

Shift

I'll learn you good!
This just in: the DVD, like the CN airing, is indeed widescreen, no question. Finally, that settles that.

kurt

< looks friendly
i loved the references to Diamond and Pearl and the DP series thats coming up
"lets get through this season first"
lol.

I loved all the "3D" pokemon effects in the ocean

yeh i noticed how alot of the parts were in 3d. then it went back to crappy
2d for the characters.

TotodileCharizard

I finally saw it when it aired on CN, I gotta say eh. I only enjoyed Sceptile(for like what? 20 seconds?), Corphish, and Chatot. And the small Sharpedo part lol. I thought the movie itself was good though, yeah. Manaphy got annoying though after awhile. Also, Kyogre's movie appeareance was totally kickbutt!

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
what exactly was the point of kyogre in the movie?
it was on-screen for about a minute...........