• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (M09)

Inkan1969

The US Release

According to Official website, the movie will be released in the spring.

It will also have this name:

"Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea"

Gentleben

Nintendo VIP Fan
Yeah, just got email to confirm my Japan copy of the movie and the DVD with the Pikachu Mini movie has been shipped today.

The Pikachu Mini movie comes with an extra ep as well (the Psychic VS Ghost Duel Ep)

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Hmm, after watching this I can tell you right now the music in the movie sucks compared with the last one. D<

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Okay, so I just watched this thing. Umi Mizuno already took the words right outta my mouth: Soundtrack = Blah. I mean, the song over the credits was good, and that really odd low-jazz Spurt remix was interesting to say the least, but it was otherwise bland, particularly when compred to Movie 8 (which was the pinnacle of the Pokemon movie soundtracks), or even Movie 6 and 7.

The movie itself was decent at best. I'm not gonna deny that on the surface, the movie felt like a rehash of Movie 6. However, the characters were much more interesting (sorry, Butler fans). Obviously I loved Hiromi, who makes Flannery look like Medusa. But the Phantom was a very entertaining villain. To take him seriously would be a grave mistake. His constant blunders and clumsiness on top of his evil cackle and overall wackiness really made for a nice change of pace. Combined with Jackie, it was nice to see some humans kick some butt for once in this series.

Like Movie 8, I thought the movie fared quite well without any true final battle. But although I totally despise the use of the term "deus ex machina", I'm gonna have to use it for Super Saiyan Satoshi. The king's power itself is pretty lame alone, but how the hell did Satoshi automatically learn to use and control them? Moreso, how did everyone else learn to use it at the end?

Personally, I thought the most entertaining part of the movie was Corphish emerging from the water and starting to dance, only to realize that everybody's gone and he's nowhere near the ship. Those who had been longing for Haruka fan service throughout AG will have their prayers answered in this, no doubt. Of course, we all know the ever-so-smexy Hiromi was the true hero of this movie. I mean, think about it - Without her, everybody else would have been screwed. (I already took lots of screencaps and uploaded them to Photbucket, LOL. Yeah, I'm desperate.)

One more thing - CG OVERKILL. As much as I love the animation in the Pokemon movies, I swear, I would not be surprised in the least bit if all the backgrounds in Movie 10 were done in 3-D at this rate. Or at least Movie 11 will, anyways.

Movie rankings: 8 > 2 > 6 > 3 > 9 > 5 > 1 > 7 > 4

Square in the middle.

(Also, I'd like to say I'm very proud of the fanbase for not going, "OMG THERE'S NO WAY THAT WILL SLIDE BY RELIGIOUS PARENTS IN THE DUB" for the scenes where Haruka and Hiromi are praying.)

Last edited:

Feity

Storm Trainer
I'm watching it right now, and its pretty awesome so far. I like the soundtrack...

I loved the Ruby, Crystal, Rebecca, and Atilla/Hun, and Prof Bastian cameos. They have such random little things in the movies that would make SUCH good storys, that they never use. D:
Phantom and Perap are pretty cool, I'll have to wait and see these 'mecha Phantom' and 'Super Sayen Ash' you all are talking about.
The animation is excelent, though the first couple of scenes were a bit overkill... The 3D human was my breaking point.

S.Suikun

Thought I'd piece together my favorite pan from the movie. Twas a real ***** to piece together, since it was done at a diagonal (so I "made up" a few of the background pixels), but I think the end result was worth it:
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/8405/hiromixharukawf8.png

One thing I noticed is that several scenes from the early trailers did not actually make it into the final movie. See here:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/futuremovies.html
Akusha looks entirely different, as do the shots of Kyogre and the egg hatching.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
I was a bit surprised that Manaphy seemed to calm down after it had Jackie and Ash switch bodies and it was then with Ash. I always got the impression from the previews that it wasn't fond of him - Glad I was wrong, though.

Well, he IS daddy... :p

But although I totally despise the use of the term "deus ex machina", I'm gonna have to use it for Super Saiyan Satoshi. The king's power itself is pretty lame alone, but how the hell did Satoshi automatically learn to use and control them? Moreso, how did everyone else learn to use it at the end?

Shouldn't a Duex-ex Machina... well, do something?

Last edited:

yamiiguy

Boulder Trainer
Since it's quite obvious nobody read my above post

POKEMON RANGER & TEMPLE OF THE SEA WILL BE RELEASED ON DVD IN THE US ON 04/03/2007 - SOURCE IS ANIMEONDVD.COM

Aaron_fan

I finished watching the movie not too long ago. I loved Manaphy...especially when it started to say "come on!" to address Haruka. So cute. I quite like how they brought a bit of humor into Phantom's character right from the start, rather than him acting all, "WOAMG I'M SO BAD AND EVIL AND I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD!" I thought Jackie would have made a great villain, but I didn't like his "leave everything to me because I am a Pokémon Ranger" attitude. Or at least I think that's what he was like, as there weren't any subtitles (watched it in Japanese of course). I somewhat understood the story, and I loved the music.

I thought movie 9 did better at balancing humor and emotions than the other movies - nothing seemed displaced. My favorite part of the movie was when Manaphy started singing. If they have that on the soundtrack I'm going to hug everyone and cry.

S.Suikun

Haha, Ash practically drowned and killed himself while he forgot that he had a Corphish with him that could have easily done all his dirty work for him. But nooooooo, Corphish has to be the clown and can't be allowed to be the hero of anything. Unlike Masukippa, of course...

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
*scratches head* Sorry if it's just me having hallucinations, but I could swear that you c/p'd some lines from my own movie 9 review Aaron-fan XD

Haha, Ash practically drowned and killed himself while he forgot that he had a Corphish with him that could have easily done all his dirty work for him. But nooooooo, Corphish has to be the clown and can't be allowed to be the hero of anything.

I reckon that Corphish would have had a lot of trouble carrying that crystal stick from the Crown. Manaphy tried to, but judging from how he could barely even move it, it must have been quite heavy. Now carrying it in the water would have gotten rid of the weight problem, but there's also the fact that Corphish has pincers, and would therefore have had a hard time grabbing that thing. Not to say it would have been impossible, but anyway.

No doubt that the producers made the decision of Ash saving the Temple without doing this analysis about Corphish though ^^"