1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (448)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (448)

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (1)

On their way to the Battle Pyramid, Ash & co. meet up with their old friend Hinata, the Pokémon Ranger. However, the Pokéballs for all trainers aren't functioning properly and this is why Hinata is here. While investigating this problem, the mysterious Pokémon Deoxys appears. Will Hinata be able to calm Deoxys?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Serebii

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (2) (449)

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (2)

With Meowth & Max taken by Deoxys, Ash & Co. with the Ranger Hinata must try to hunt down Deoxys and rescue their friend. However capturing Deoxys with the Capture Styler is not working due to Deoxys Speedd, so Ash must try to weaken Deoxys in a standard Battle. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

3. Crazedyanma

Crazedyanma (Skinnywings)

This seems like a cool episode. I can't wait 'till it comes out in the US!

Say, do you think the speed form of Deoxys is shown in this episode?

EDIT:
    *sighs* I can never keep up with the times...

~;193;

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  4. Serebii

Yes it is, it was seen in the trailers

5. Silent Conversation

Silent Conversation Formerly SinnohChamp

Wow, this looks like a really good episode! I can't wait until it comes to Canada! I'll definitely be watching!

6. Dreamcoat

Dreamcoat Well-Known Member

I'll explode if Ash in some way should capture/befriend Deoxys.

7. Roses Ablaze

Roses Ablaze ??*????

Don't worry, I seriously doubt Ash will ever permanently capture a legendary.

8. Serebii

Please keep the discussion to a minimum unless you have seen the episode or it's guide/pics

9. Sunain

Sunain Pokemon Master

All 4 forms of Deoxys are in this episode.

10. i dont remember attack and defence in destiny deoxys though...

11. Gaiash

Gaiash Champion Scientist

You must not have watched the movie it used both of those forms in it.

Anyway I've looked at screenshots and from what I can tell its quite exciting

12. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

It seems very talky and anti-claimactic judging by the pictures. But Sceptile VS Deoxys looks like the major action moment. The double twist thingy was amazing, especially!

13. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

Sceptile Vs. Deoxys? sounds amazing!

14. .Bambi.

.Bambi. Be Wise, Tell Lies.

Judging by pictures, this is one big 'meh' for me.

It's sad, isn't it? The writers try their best to make Pokemon Ranger look so good, but even with an hour special featuring Deoxys, they fail. WhoaGod maybe Ranger is overrated? WHAT?! :O

Of course pictures are nothing when compared to the real action, so I'll make my decision on this episode then. Overall though, it was pretty anti-climatic. The Deoxys VS Sceptile part was good I guess, but could have been so much more. Actually, 'it could have been so much more' is quite fitting for this Special.

Le sigh D:

15. ArrEmmDee

ArrEmmDee Well-Known Member

I'm only going to be watching it for the Meowth. It really looks lame.

16. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

I just saw it. Dude, I just know some of you are just gonna s*** yourselves when you hear this: Hinata actually makes a reference to La Rousse City, as well as Rondo-hakase. I don't think there's anything mentioned about Satoshi-tachi actually helping to solve the La Rousse crisis (though, Masato did know what Deoxys was when it appeared, rather than anyone asking what it was), but it's nontheless further evidence that the movies might tie in with the main series. Other points include....

-It's been a while since Nyaasu was last used to speak for a Pokemon, and he looked pretty badass when possessed, too.

-Oosubame/Jukain vs. Deoxys was b*tchin' on so many levels... someone mentioned that, by going against a legendary, Jukain is catching up to Lizardon (who battled Entei and later took down a Freezer). He certainly managed to do a good job, and it's nice to see Oosubame did a bit of damage along with him (Wakashamo and Numacraw also participated, but didn't accomplish much).

-What is with Rocket Dan? After Freezer, this is pretty much the second legendary (sorta) they considered giving to Sakaki just so he could do some activity with it, as if being a extremely rare and powerful Pokemon isn't enough.

-A portal to that dimension Masato and Nyaasu were in opened up again at some point. Haruka shouts Masato's name, then Musashi says "Now that you mention it, Nyaasu!" Kojirou replies "You forgot about him?!" XD

-This is interesting. When Satoshi-tachi were blown out of that cave, Jukain was next to Satoshi to nudge him back to his senses. Wakashamo was next to Musashi, Numacraw was next to Kojirou, Oosubame was next to Haruka, and Takeshi and Hinata didn't have anyone (though, Hinata was in a crouched position rather than laying on the ground). Odd, you'd expect Wakashamo and Numacraw (especially Wakashamo) to be next to their respective trainers, wouldn't you?

-At some point, Deoxys sounded like it was able to speak without Nyaasu... to some extent. It was extremely garbled and the characters had trouble understanding, but it was clearly speaking some Japanese words. "(something something)! Mata aou ne!"

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  17. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

This doesn't look as bad as the Celebi episode, that's for sure. I wonder how the dub is going to handle this thing, though. Probably just split it into two episodes. There's enough material for that.

La Rousse reference? Seriously? I mean, I'm glad nobody said "WtF iS a DeOxYs DuDeZ?", but I seriously am suprised they made any sort of reference whatsoever.

18. The Big Al

The Big Al I just keeping Octo

A fish bowl? TR has sunken to a new low of utter stupidity.

A rather meh episode as .Combusken. said. Nothing all that grabbing. Though Sectoid Meowth was an amusing sight. I need to see this in motion and have dialogue to really comment on this episode.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  19. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

That Sceptile vs. Deoxys fight looks great. Looks like nobody won judging from the images. Excellent animation though.

20. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

Still, their idea of Giovanni riding deoxys around in space was kinda funny... if you can see past how lame it is.