• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis! (448)

V Faction

www.faction.com
Glad to see this thread JOINED together from this morning's wackiness...

I'm going to watch this episode. And I am going to watch it mainly for the Deoxys fight.

sCiZoR_2006

Cascade Trainer
Because of the solar disturbance, electronic devices weren't working properly.

The group's Pokeballs, Masato's PokeNavi, the computers at the Pokemon Center, etc.

Also, that's why Pikachu and Plusle weren't feeling good at all on multiple occassions. The disturbance was messing with their electric physiologies.

At one point, Deoxys couldn't control its various forms because of it as well.

I saw it, I analyzed it, I loved it. Here's why:

- Nobody went, "Woah, a Deoxys, what's that?" and showed that the writers aren't completely moronic.

-Haha. I loved Team Rocket's thought that they could capture Deoxys, give it to the boss and he could use it for space exploration. Just great! Plus, is it just me, or have we not seen that many Giovanni fantasies in a while?

-Again, it's been a while since Meowth was last used to speak for a Pokemon (Tentacruel) and this time it just seemed awesome and oh so right...

-As much as I completely hated Hinata in the Celebi episode, I absolutely loved her in this one. Either she's just gotten cooler or the animators drew her better. I don't know, but she was great.

-Sceptile vs. Deoxys was awesome if only a little short (ok, a lot short) but hey, it shows that Sceptile got guts and really that Solarbeam (I think that was Solarbeam) on Deoxys' back was just awesome.

-I didn't catch May's Squirtle in this episode at all, thank god...the less of that little brat, the better.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
It seemed ok I guessed right about Meowth being used as a puppet. It seemed better than both the Ranger episode and the 7th movie. BTW I'm a little confused as to why Deoxys was here? He was trying to protect them I believe but from what?

V Faction

www.faction.com
I crave an animation of Deoxys carrying Giovanni off into space.

Deoxys Battle: Not bad. Swellow got brushed off rather quick, a fine way of showing Deoxys' power. But then Sceptile... Booyah! Only Sceptile can make Solarbeam seem cool again.

The rest was... Oh gosh, so plain. It was actually annoying to have to sit through all of that.

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Nintendo Theatre said:
-Again, it's been a while since Meowth was last used to speak for a Pokemon (Tentacruel) and this time it just seemed awesome and oh so right...
Don't forget the Haunter in the Orange Islands.

At the rate things are going, I probably won't be able to see the episode until tomorrow. Judging from the pics, the animation really fluctuates, and it's as if they had one team do the first half (reminds me of the Smoochum ep), and a second (much better) team do the second half.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Just saw it, and it was pretty good, defenitly better then the celebi one.

Sceptile vs. Deoxys was without a question the highlight of this episode for me, even though it wasnt that long. And as V faction said earlier only sceptile can make solarbeam look cool again. Sceptiles solarbeam looks mad good. Swellow got taken out but atleast it was putting up a fight that shows lots of guts.
Overall i would rate it a 7/10

sCiZoR_2006

Cascade Trainer
V Faction said:
The rest was... Oh gosh, so plain. It was actually annoying to have to sit through all of that.

Same thing I was thinking halfway throught the first part. The special was good for the small tidbits that have been mentioned, but as a whole, these two episodes sucked.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I've always wondered. Except for platent fanservice, why is Hinata in spandex short shorts. Shouldn't she be wearing something that will protect her legs from pickers and that sort of stuff? Though that would make sense which isn't allowed in Pokemon.

V Faction

www.faction.com
The Big Al said:
I've always wondered. Except for platent fanservice, why is Hinata in spandex short shorts. Shouldn't she be wearing something that will protect her legs from pickers and that sort of stuff? Though that would make sense which isn't allowed in Pokemon.
Uh. You mean 'blatant'?

Ever notice how they always accentuate her crotch?

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
I liked the way how this time they showed Pokémon really don't like the capture stylus. Poor Miltank. Hinata is evil.

The other good part was the boss fantasy. The battle was far too short IMO. They really needed to give Deoxys a wider movepool.

V Faction

www.faction.com
skarmachild said:
No I haven't. Should look at the pictures more closely.
Oh indeed. Not just the front, but the back too. They want to make sure we understand that those shorts hug her. She's a puffy *****!

Geodude

Yamato-san said:
-At some point, Deoxys sounded like it was able to speak without Nyaasu... to some extent. It was extremely garbled and the characters had trouble understanding, but it was clearly speaking some Japanese words. "(something something)! Mata aou ne!"
Yeah it seemed to me there were a couple times where Deoxys tried to speak to the humans, but they couldn't understand it, so it took control of Meowth.

Another note: May's Combusken now knows Flamethrower. Bit of a surprise, but it's about time as well. :p

V Faction

www.faction.com
Correction: It was told to use Flamethrower and clearly ended up performing Fire Spin.

I'd like to think that it was a mistake or a goof or something before any official record keeping. We'll wait and see if it will use Flamethrower once more down the line before actually stating it has it, like we did with Squirtle's Rapid Spin.

Geodude

Yeah but those kinda mistakes just...don't happen in the original. :p I'd like to think the mistake was more on how it was animated, since they're so used to doing the spinning flames coming from Combusken, rather than the attack that was called out. After all, a lot was happening in this episode.

V Faction

www.faction.com
But you are in agreement that there was a mistake of some kind, yes? And so you would not oppose to holding off on making it official (in the sense that we are able to) until further proof, correct?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
ZoraJolteon said:
I liked the way how this time they showed Pokémon really don't like the capture stylus. Poor Miltank. Hinata is evil.
I have to agree. The stylus' first gig wasn't too impressive, what with the pokémon just squatting there with gormless expressions slapped across their faces. Though saying that, I'd have much prefered it if the Altaria and Miltank actually tried to defend themselves in a similar way to Deoxys. But it's not a major gripe I suppose.

Bloody hell...the animation sure was mediocre for the most part. Deoxys switching rapidly between each of it's forms and most of the battling portion was pretty good, but the rest was outright lackluster. I thought that with Iwane taking part, the majority would end up being pretty good. But it was more disapointing than an Apple Pie without a filling.
Then again, I guess thats what you get from an episode involving 4 different animation directors. That gets a big humbug from me.

As much as Masato making friends with a pokémon has been done to death, I honestly didn't mind it this time around. Deoxys having little control over itself was a fairly good idea, but it suffered thanks to too much talk, and not enough action. After the first 15 or so minutes of initial introductions and general plot set-up, I ended up sitting here, eager to grab the mouse and flick forward. This could have been a really good watch if they had upped the ante in the brawling department.

But for all it's faults, I did enjoy the few cute moments had during the special.
It was pretty neat that Masato called out to Combusken whilst in the ~Tasty Treat Dimension~ and that Combusken happened to be the only one to hear him. I like it when a pokémon and human that had a few difficulties at first are able to get along so well in the future.
And of course there were the scenes between him and Meowth, as well as the starter trio's concern for the fallen trainers.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
~Tasty Treat Dimension~
From thenceforth, that shall be its official name.

Am I the only one who couldn't figure out what exactly was at stake in this episode? I mean, what was being threatened? Was the problem simply that Deoxys was going to go around blowing sh*t up, or what?