1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Ranger! Heatran Rescue Mission!! (637)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Mar 18, 2010.

1. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was alright. It was great to see Heatran for the 1st time. It was great to see a Pokemon Ranger again. The new Ranger Sign feature to summon Feraligatr was so cool to see. It was great to see a Feraligatr again. It was interesting to see James actually try and use the capture styler after stealing it. Meowth's boss fantasy was very weird as usual. Ben really acted like an inexperienced Pokemon Ranger, losing his stylus.

60/100

2. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Awesome another Ranger episode =3
    the heatran mission is cool! gald it made it to the show ^^

3. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

Heehee, I like it when guest characters get good and not bad impressions of Team Rocket. :) Of all the Pokemon Ranger episodes (including the manaphy movie) this is probably the least interesting one, but at least they make it interesting by having Team Rocket snag the stylus from the Ranger. I also liked how Ben found the positive in just about anything.

4/10

Ubermuk likes this.
  4. NPT

NPT Just a member

To be honest, this was a boring episode.
    Ben from the games appeared in the anime, but him acting like a fool and losing his styler annoyed me. Team Rocket was annoying too.

The only thing I liked about this episode was Heatran's appearance, other than that most of the episode was boring.
    This episode could've been better if Kellyn/Solana appeared in it, but sadly that didn't happen.

5. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

Ive always loved Heatran, but this episode was just kinda disapointing IMO. It was cool seeing feraligatr be a badass I guess. That starter never really got anything cool to do IMO.

I see that this episode aired in a one-hour special alongside the shaymin episode, I can already see people being fairly disapointed with that tbh, since both were pretty much filler :/

Eruption looks extremely cool in the anime too......

6/10.

6. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

Ben wasn't as awesome as Solana was so I didn't care for him much. Even Heatran was lackluster in spite of his legendary status. 5/10

7. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well it was nice seeing Ben from the third Pokemon Ranger game, and at least Heatran got his share of screentime hee hee. I liked seeing the volcano and Team Rocket's Diglett mecha again too. :3

8. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

Heatran's a Legendary but here it almost seemed like an ordinary Pokemon. This episode having Ben just seemed like a Ranger promotion episode.

9. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Seeing Ben without his trademark Ukulele Pichu made me sad. I liked that the Feraligatr Ranger Sign was featured, but that was one of the few Ranger moments in this episode. Apart from Meowth's Boss Fantasy, the rest was rather bland...

10. _LightMeww_

_LightMeww_ Well-Known Member

Team Rocket's "lets give up like adults'' lines were hilarious. The only thing I can really say I dislike about it is how Heatran really should have made its debut earlier. It was one of the 4th Gen Pokemon I really wish Ash had gotten the chance to battle.

11. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

IIRC, Heatran was the 4th Gen's least popular Legendary, which explains why he was hardly shown. :x

12. DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan Banned

Based on what exactly? Heatran might look fugly sure, but I'm sure it had some popularity due to its Legendary status.

13. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Lol, I meant based off of what I've seen fans mention on forums like this. Heatran just seems unpopular.

14. Shayuin

Shayuin Banned

Team Rocket's failure to use the Capture Styler was completely expected. James put it on, and I thought "it's not gonna work." It was real funny when it actually didn't.

15. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I was somewhat depressed that Hinata and Hajime didn't appear here given their Pokemon Ranger status, although Natsuya was decent enough. I liked how Odile's Ranger Sign mirrored the one from the games, and Heatran finally got the spotlight.

MockingJ likes this.
  16. andrewscott48209

andrewscott48209 Well-Known Member

I think that the reason they weren't in this episode was because the mission wasn't as big as the last Riolu two part episode was.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    MockingJ and Leonhart like this.
  17. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

That's probably it. I would've been satisfied if they had gotten brief cameos at least, but I suppose that this episode was more about showing off the third Ranger game anyway, not focusing on the old Ranger characters.

MockingJ likes this.
  18. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

I wonder why the DP series insisted on removing the Ranger's partners: Solana had Plusle in AG but didn't in DP, Kellyn had no partner at all, and Ben had Ukulele Pichu in the shorts but didn't in this episode.

Leonhart likes this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Natsuya's Pichu being inexplicably missing-in-action here does kind of irk me now. I don't understand why Pichu wasn't so much as mentioned given his role as Natsuya's partner.

MockingJ likes this.