1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Zodiac The Vampire, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light

So what is everyone's opinion about the third Ranger game?

Current known details here

From the main page:

* The game is set in the new Oblivia Region which is a small island range
    * The evil team in this game are called the Pokémon Nappers and are led by a character called Red Eye
    * The PokéAssist is back, this time where you send the Pokémon in question out into the field to assist in the capturing of other Pokémon. However, if the Pokémon receives damage, it will run away
    * The game allows you to ride on the back of the Legendary Beasts; Raikou, Entei & Suicune to get past certain areas
    * You encounter a Pichu whom carries a Ukulele whom seems to have a big part in the story
    * There are symbols that you can draw that all certain Pokémon, such as the aforementioned beasts should you need them. They have released a symbol for Eevee and a symbol for Croagunk.
    * There's a trial version coming on the Nintendo Channel on January 29th
    * There is a multiplayer mode. Up to four players can play to try and capture the most Pokémon
    * There's a secret about the Deoxys you can download. It is to be revealed next month

2. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Looks cool. I loved Ranger 2, very understated game.

* I noticed Bellossom actually appears when you use its assist, making me wonder if maybe each Pokemon have their own unique.
    * I was hoping Deoxys would play a part in the next Ranger game, although my idea involved a giant controlling Satellite, lol. The thing about Deoxys that's a secret makes me wonder if perhaps the in-game one will have a unique form, possibly transferable to another game down the line.
    * Great, UKPichu. Hope it's not as boring as the disproportionately hyped NE Pichu.

3. Lorde

Lorde Banned

It looks very good so far. More action than in the other Ranger titles by the look of it.

I'm most excited about the Deoxys event that will be implemented in the Ranger game.

4. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

It's a great game, according what i see in the information on it.

I would like to try "riding on Entei". although the game is still not out.

5. Lorde

Lorde Banned

By the look of it, Latias and Latios will be in a Ranger title for the first time ever :)

I've also noticed Marill in one of the pre-release pics. Not 100% confirmed that the Marill line will be in there since these are beta images. I remember Rhyhorn being in the original beta images and not being in the actual game.

EDIT: Also noticed Ledyba, Ursaring, Quagsire.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  6. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I hope this "special thing" about Deoxys benefits all forms. The reason? I already have a Modest Deoxys that I plan to have in Speed Form, and I wanted to get a Defense Deoxys to experiment with its moveset.

7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Most likely. Unless it only benefits a possible new Deoxys form in the next series of games though that's "up in the air" at the moment.

8. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

I'm interested to see what we new Pokemon we can transfer to whatever games. Never played the first one, but the second one was kinda cool.

9. I was thinking that the most likely "special thing" about the Deoxys will either be special moves, a new forme, a different ability or being a shiny Deoxys. It is one of the three legendary Pokémon I don't have (the others being Celebi and Arceus) so I'm glad it's being made available through this game.

10. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Maybe that Ukulele Pichu is transferable to other games?

11. TheLupineOne

TheLupineOne I'M GETTING WHITE.

Looks pretty sweet.
    Latias!

Will this thread be granted "Official" status any time soon?

12. chicco

chicco Champion

This game looks awsome I will absulutely get it! I loved the previous games ^^

13. Ledyba

Ledyba I sleep with bugz.

Great! I was waiting for the next ranger game for so long!!

14. I do think a lot of people will be disappointed that a new Ranger game was announced as opposed to a 5th Generation, and as much as I hoped for that too I enjoyed the previous two Ranger games, so I'm perectly happy about this.

15. Zalman

Zalman Master of Puppets

Was never a fan of Ranger games, although I might give this a try. Riding the dogs looks fun.

16. Steelia

Steelia forever.

Yes! I was hoping there'd be another Ranger game coming out soon, what, after the flood of Mystery Dungeon titles. (Wouldn't that be something to see a Ranger for WiiWare... Have fun waving the Wiimote. Haha.)

In any case, as always, I'm very interested in seeing what Legendaries are being offered. Entei, Raikou, and Suicune alone seal the deal for this little package for me (and having Latios and Latias for the first time is really great, as is the return of Deoxys)...
    I almost didn't get Ranger 2 just because of the... rather uninspired line-up of Legends, compared to the 1st one (until the downloadable missions featuring Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai and Shaymin came about); for me, the Legends make the game.

And yet again, I hope for a little more 1st Generation lovin', along the lines of *finally* featuring Mewtwo (with another side-quest helping of Mew), as well as the 3 birds. I'd just love to see how they would look in such a beautifully sprite fashion. The detail in these games is amazing.

17. Lorde

Lorde Banned

As opposed to a Fifth Generation game or the Fifth Generation itself?

18. Ultimate Glalie

Ultimate Glalie Well-Known Member

I'm glad that a new Ranger game is on the way. Hopefully it will actually be a challenge to beat, unlike Ranger 2.

19. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Sweet a new Ranger game.

20. Nibbles4Ever

Nibbles4Ever 1 more day ^^

Ugh why have we not gotten a ranger game for wii >.< oh well I will probably get this game, Shadows of Almia was good except it was so darn easy.