• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ranger: Tracks of Light

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ugh why have we not gotten a ranger game for wii >.< oh well I will probably get this game, Shadows of Almia was good except it was so darn easy.

Something about the creator of Pokemon wanting people to experience the main games on handheld consoles.

mrfatcat

Ace Trainer
Sweet! I hope that the Deoxys is a code like Manaphy (USA), not a wi-fi event.

If it IS a wi-fi event, I'll just go to tacobell, I guess...

Electric

How is the region called Oblivia?

You can't make the word "Oblivia" with the Japanese alphabet.

"o" is a combination
"vi" and "a" are combinations
"li" can also be "ri" because they sound similar
But there is a "bl" next to each other. Impossible. The Japanese language consists of either vowels or non vowels (consonants) plus a vowel and "n"

"obl" is not a combo. The closest thinkg would be "obuli" because the "b" needs a vowel.

ForeverFlame

I like the Ranger games, but Shadows of Almia really annoyed me due to the lame, predictable storyline, the extremely cliche characters, and how linear the Pokemon captures were. You follow the path, capture one Pokemon, use it to get to the next path, capture some more Pokemon to get to the next few paths, find a hard-to-capture Pokemon to melt the ice/break the big rock/whatever, get to the boss, capture boss, rinse and repeat.

I hope this game shakes things up some.

Torpoleon

This sounds great. I thimk that the US will get it in either Nov. 2010 or Dec. 2010.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Meh. It's a Ranger game. Not really into the side-series. If this is the big CoroCoro news, it's a disappointment.

And what's with the 'Tracks'? Another Spirit Tracks? :p

Last edited:

SmartD

Cool, a new Ranger game. I wonder what could be special about the Deoxys. Maybe it has a special move like the Riolu from Shadows of Almia. Riding on Entei, Raikou, and Suicune looks cool.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I really love the ranger series so i'm glad to hear there's finally a new one.......dungeon has been hoggging all of the glory lately for the side series'

Maybe the rock capsule has something to do with all of this

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I just thought of something else that is really annoying. How come we know when this is cming out, they just started talking about it, where as the mystery dungeon wii games have been out in Japan since june and we still don't know when they are being released in america??!! >.<

chikoritalover16

Sounds cool. I loved Shadows of Almia, even though playing through a second time I saw why everyone thought it was so easy. I'm happy for this, since I was worried there wasn't going to be a new Ranger game until new pokemon, i.e., fifth gen. I just hope that they won't put Sinnoh pokemon all over the place! It annoyed me. I'd look at my brother playing the original Ranger and see this diverse mix and then look and mine and see Sinnoh.

Anyway, who likes how the characters look? I love how the male character's hair sticks up like that xD

Defy gravity!
;152;

elite ralf

5th gen! 5th gen! l0l I hope they put a ranger-exclusive new gen again,just like what they did with manaphy. I mean, the long wait for the official website to reveal the password! man, that's what really impacted my ranger experience.

R_N

Neat, I really like the Ranger games.

but "Oblivia", really? With a name like that it's just asking for trouble

zeno48

Zaker!
I do think a lot of people will be disappointed that a new Ranger game was announced as opposed to a 5th Generation, and as much as I hoped for that too I enjoyed the previous two Ranger games, so I'm perectly happy about this.

I am happy for a ranger sequal but at the same time it's understandable why they haven't announced a 5th generation. I'm certain it's going to appear on the next succesor of the ds. Which means until they announce that we can expect pokemon spinoffs for awhile.

Chimchar15

I am happy for a ranger sequal but at the same time it's understandable why they haven't announced a 5th generation. I'm certain it's going to appear on the next succesor of the ds. Which means until they announce that we can expect pokemon spinoffs for awhile.

No not really I doubt they would wait that long. I suspect we'll see 5 gen a lot sooner tan people think.

Steelia

forever.
...It would be pretty neat if a 5th Gen had a cameo in this game. The first Mystery Dungeon game did that with the statues, no?
After all, wouldn't March be a somewhat decent time to reveal a teaser for one, anyway? GAME FREAK doesn't have to show us anything; we'd probably have to discover it ourselves... unless it's still too early.

Either in-game, or a special downloadable mission, after the full-blown revealing . . . Given, we actually DO see a 5th Gen this year.

I like the Ranger games, but Shadows of Almia really annoyed me due to the lame, predictable storyline, the extremely cliche characters, and how linear the Pokemon captures were. You follow the path, capture one Pokemon, use it to get to the next path, capture some more Pokemon to get to the next few paths, find a hard-to-capture Pokemon to melt the ice/break the big rock/whatever, get to the boss, capture boss, rinse and repeat.

I hope this game shakes things up some.

I completely agree with you. Especially about the characters. The people in shadows of almia were completely black and white. I hope this new game introduces a bit better gaggle of villains and heroes.

Also, in my opinion, I think the female character looks very nice. She actually has realistic hair. Can't say the same for the male character though.