• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Ratings (BW:DA! returns to top 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Am I the only one that thinks that the ratings have barely any relevance to the plot whatsoever and people are exaggerating how 'the ratings are going up because of ..." or they're going down because of... . I won't deny that Charizard or Butterfree is a possible fanservice device, but to be honest, Fairy Tail uses a lot of fanservice devices, and is it going poorly?

IMO I think the ratings are only going up because of possibly summer vacation? They have their summer vacation around now or July IIRC.

AND OMG GO CONAN GO CONAN!!!! <3

Yes. Yes. People seem averse to considering all the factors when they can just latch their favorite one and use it as a platform for b*tching. But what's new?

Not only in Japan. Around all the world. And honestly I don't care about ratings and whatnot. I judge by the quality, not by the popularity.

I agree. And ratings certainly don't equal quality.

Otherwise that would mean the new SpongeBob is the best children's cartoon on TV......

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I agree. I'm fairly certain that the network and/or studio makes less money if less people watch the show, so BW's low ratings must be hitting them hard imo.
No, those ratings are still incredibly good by today's standards of what a TV Network expects from a 22-minute children's show and it's still one of the highest rated on TV TOKYO. Ratings generate advertisement money and nothing else really, as said as much ad money Pokemon makes the main aim of TV TOKYO is to capitalize on the merchandising rights that they get as the first-party television provider of Pokemon.

I really hope something changes in the next saga so that the ratings steadily climb, but I can't see the writers changing their formula. I mean it's obviously not working, but they probably can't be bothered to make alterations. It's sad, but I think they'll continue doing things the old fashioned way until they're forced to end the show. They just can't seem to adapt to the times.
Those things in the script, the writing, the quality of the content don't impact ratings. Advertisement of specific episodes do, ratings otherwise hardly change in any regard when it comes the writing of the show. That's just how it is.

I always knew the show would tumble down some day but its really sad that the ratings just keep going under like this. Pokemon used to be a force to be reckoned with but its dying a slow and painful death smh. I'll always have memorys of the good episodes tho. So that'll keep the anime alive in my mind even when the real thing gets canceled or ends which I'm guessing is gonna be sooner and not later.

Janovy

Banned
I always knew the show would tumble down some day but its really sad that the ratings just keep going under like this. Pokemon used to be a force to be reckoned with but its dying a slow and painful death smh. I'll always have memorys of the good episodes tho. So that'll keep the anime alive in my mind even when the real thing gets canceled or ends which I'm guessing is gonna be sooner and not later.
Did you even read a single post in this thread? The anime is NOT dying.

Asuka

Banned
Wow the show is barely hangin in there. I'm glad that it went back into the Top 10 but I'm still worried cuz it missed out for 4 weeks. Has that ever happened before? I was always told that Pokemon was at the peak of popularity but I guess not. Only the games are keeping Pokemon alive at this point :(

Janovy

Banned
Wow the show is barely hangin in there. I'm glad that it went back into the Top 10 but I'm still worried cuz it missed out for 4 weeks. Has that ever happened before? I was always told that Pokemon was at the peak of popularity but I guess not. Only the games are keeping Pokemon alive at this point :(
It didn't miss out for 4 weeks, what are you talking about?

*Cut to 20 years when there is still a Pokémon anime airing*

Janovy

Banned
What is going on? Is there something I don't know? Since when is the anime dying?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm not sure if the anime has missed the top ten before, but even if it has, most people would downplay it and probably blame Golden Week or some other holiday for the bad ratings like they usually do. :p

*Cut to 20 years when there is still a Pokémon anime airing*

I think the real question is would people really be interested in watching the same thing for 20 years? I honestly think that the anime has to change in order for it to keep a large audience. The writers need to adapt to current trends instead of repeating tired plot points every other episode. At this point I welcome any change we can get.

But I have another pertinent question: What does 4,0 mean anyway?

I think the real question is would people really be interested in watching the same thing for 20 years? I honestly think that the anime has to change in order for it to keep a large audience. The writers need to adapt to current trends instead of repeating tired plot points every other episode. At this point I welcome any change we can get.

I think a reboot is going to come someday but it won't be for a few more decades.

RickHoenn

Banned
It didn't miss out for 4 weeks, what are you talking about?

Decolora Adventure:

Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!! (April 25, 2013): -
The Dangerously Sweet Honey! (May 2, 2013): 3,1 (#10)
Sommelier Detective Dent! The Locked Room of the Ocean! (May 9, 2013): -
Goodbye Mijumaru!? The Path to Being Hotachi King (May 16, 2013): -
Phantom Island! The Zoroark in the Fog! (May 23, 2013): -
Rotom VS Dr. Okido! (May 30, 2013): -
The Pirate Kings of the Decolora Archipelago! (June 6, 2013): 4,0 (#9)

The anime missed the top 10 for 4 consecutive weeks but I agree it's kinda crazy to say the anime is dying.

I wish Anime News Network would provide for at least a top 20 but that info leaks once in a blue moon..

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
The anime will die only when the games will die, and since those are still best-sellers I doubt the anime will vanish anytime soon.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

How can you claim the ratings are doing badly when you don't even know what 4.0 represents when it comes to reading ratings?

I'm done with this thread in any case.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How can you claim the ratings are doing badly when you don't even know what 4.0 represents when it comes to reading ratings?

I don't need to know what it represents to know that 4.0 isn't an impressive figure. I mean we do have an official list of ratings right here, so it's easy to compare that rating to those of older episodes and realize that the ratings are steadily dropping, and sometimes just plain free falling. I was just curious as to what the numbers actually mean. :)

I don't need to know what it represents to know that 4.0 isn't an impressive figure. I mean we do have an official list of ratings right here, so it's easy to compare that rating to those of older episodes and realize that the ratings are steadily dropping, and sometimes just plain free falling. I was just curious as to what the numbers actually mean. :)

It's more due to old age than anything else though. Every show including the ones with monster ratings eventually drop in the ratings. I mean they aren't that much lower than later DP episodes.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

If I'm not mistaken, the number is the percentage of people with a on TV watching that show and is also known as share. So basically 4.0 means that 4% of the total audience was watching that program.

...that's actually a bit worse than I thought, but still 4.0 isn't a bad number.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
If I'm not mistaken, the number is the percentage of people with a on TV watching that show and is also known as share. So basically 4.0 means that 4% of the total audience was watching that program.

...that's actually a bit worse than I thought, but still 4.0 isn't a bad number.

Do you actually think more than 4% of human beings in Japan with television would be tuned in to watch one TV show at a specific time?

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Did you even read a single post in this thread? The anime is NOT dying.
Unless the anime start to get 2s and secially 1s for a long time in the start of Gen VI, the anime will last at least one more generation.

Decolora Adventure:

Farewell, Isshu! Setting Sail Once Again!! (April 25, 2013): 4.0
The Dangerously Sweet Honey! (May 2, 2013): 3,1 (#10)
Sommelier Detective Dent! The Locked Room of the Ocean! (May 9, 2013): -4.2
Goodbye Mijumaru!? The Path to Being Hotachi King (May 16, 2013): 3.4
Phantom Island! The Zoroark in the Fog! (May 23, 2013): -
Rotom VS Dr. Okido! (May 30, 2013): 2.8
The Pirate Kings of the Decolora Archipelago! (June 6, 2013): 4,0 (#9)

The anime missed the top 10 for 4 consecutive weeks but I agree it's kinda crazy to say the anime is dying.

I wish Anime News Network would provide for at least a top 20 but that info leaks once in a blue moon..

The anime will die only when the games will die, and since those are still best-sellers I doubt the anime will vanish anytime soon.

I agree.

I'm sure of everything that you have said.

And another thing:
Even if the anime is right now losing net money (who is not impossible for me) the anime has all the help from Nintendo, Shopro, Tv Tokyo, Gamefreak and the marketing companies.

If there's any place where the anime could get cancelled, my country has many possibilites (Spain*) and other places like maybe Australia.**. Apart of other minor countries.

*I see the episodes airing in english with subtitles through the website.
*I think that the US website is available in Australia.

I think that Pokemon Special has more chances of ending (and to that I see an ending) than the main anime ever has.

Status
Not open for further replies.