• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Raze

Scepty26

Well I’m finally back with an all new series. I decided to drop a Dance of Ice, Fire, and Lightning. I just didn’t enjoy writing it. Pokémon Raze will be replacing it. I hope you all enjoy the first installment of my newest series.
—————————————————————————

The two Pokémon clashed: fist on claw. The large, draconic beast dug its claw into the arm of the blue canine-like Pokémon. Lucario grunted in pain as the claw cut his skin. He countered with a few well delivered punches to the gut of the Garchomp.

“You can do this, Lucario!” A young, white haired man cheered.

“Don’t give in, Garchomp!” The man’s opponent, a tall blonde haired woman, yelled.

Both Pokémon jumped backwards to stand with their trainers. The stadium erupted into cheers as the two powerful trainers faced off.

“Aura Sphere!” The man commanded, a stupid grin on his face.

Lucario held up a paw and a sphere of blue energy formed, growing in size and power until it was the size of a basketball. Lucario blasted Garchomp with the Aura Sphere, sending it flying into the stadium wall.

“You are as strong as ever, Hikaru,” the blonde haired woman said, “but this battle isn’t even close to over!”

“Thanks, Cynthia!” Hikaru grinned, “it means a lot coming from you!”

Garchomp got back up onto her feet, shaking off the rubble.

“Garchomp, use Brick Break!”

Garchomp launched forward, her claw glowing. She brought the claw down onto Lucario.

“Lucario!” Hikaru’s voice echoed throughout the stadium.

Lucario grabbed onto Garchomp’s claw, stopping the attack. Garchomp pushed forward making her claw inch towards Lucario’s face. Sweat popped up on Lucario’s face as he struggled to stop the Brick Break.

✧✧

Kaitlyn grinned as she watched the battle unfold on the screen. The glow of the tv illuminated her excited face. Sitting around her were her cousins and siblings.

“I think Hikaru is going to win,” Kaitlyn’s older brother, Charles, commented.

“No way! Cynthia has totally got this!” Replied Kaitlyn’s cousin, Lucy.

“I don’t think neither will win,” Kaitlyn’s younger brother, Zack, piped up, “I believe they will stalemate each other until the timer goes off. It is only a mock battle after all.”

“I don’t care who wins. This is still an awesome battle!” Kaitlyn added.

✧✧

The claw edged closer despite Lucario’s effort to stop it. Even though the situation looked grim, Hikaru maintained a giant grin on his face.

“Lucario I think it’s time to turn this around!”

Lucario grunted in agreement before sending a concentrated blast of aura through Garchomp’s claw, snapping it like a twig. The audience roared in excitement.

“Follow up with Ice Punch!”

Lucario surrounded his fist with icy energy and slammed it into Garchomp’s stomach. Garchomp coughed as all of the air was knocked out of her but she stood her ground.

“Flamethrower!”

Garchomp opened her mouth and out blasted a torrent of white-hot flames. Lucario was consumed by the inferno.

Lucario launched himself backwards to escape the flames. The Aura Pokémon’s chest heaved as it tried to regain the oxygen stolen from the fire. His fur was scorched and he had sustained a lot of damage.

“Five minutes remaining for the mock battle!” The announcer announced to the crowd.

“Damn,” Hikaru said, his smile fading a bit, “I was having fun. Well, Lucario, let’s finish this!”

Lucario nodded in agreement to his trainer’s words.

“Lucario, Max Aura!”

Intense blue energy flared up around Lucario’s body. The crowd and referee cowered before the pressure coming from Lucario. Cynthia and Hikaru were the only ones unfazed.

“I should’ve expected this sooner or later,” Cynthia smiled, “show us how strong you’ve gotten!”

“You asked for it! Lucario, you know what to do!”

Lucario rushed forward with blinding speed and hit Garchomp with a series of blows. Each punch landed ended in a miniature explosion of Aura.

“Counter with Brick Break!”

Garchomp met each of Lucario’s blows with a Brick Break, this time using its wings because of the broken claw. The two Sinnoh Pokémon hit each other with devastating attacks but it was clear that Lucario was dealing out more damage. Garchomp went for an uppercut but Lucario used it to launch himself upwards.

“Lucario, Aura Battle-Axe!”

“Garchomp, counter with Dragon Rush!”

Aura gathered in Lucario’s leg as he brought it down for a drop kick. Garchomp surrounded herself with energy shaped like a skeletal dragon as she launched herself towards Lucario. The two fearsome attacks met in a clash that shook the battlefield.

“And time is up! This mock battle is over!” The announce yelled to the audience.

The two opposing Pokémon landed on the battlefield. Lucario put most of his weight on his left foot as his right was injured. Garchomp was sporting many injuries across her body and was struggling to remain upright.

The two trainers walked across the battlefield and shook hands.

“You’ve gotten much much stronger, Hikaru. Despite it being a mock battle, that was the most fun I’ve had in awhile,” Cynthia said, her eyes still twinkling with excitement from the battle.

“Thanks! I feel the same way! Let’s battle again sometime!” Hikaru grinned at Cynthia, excitement and admiration glinting in his gold eyes.

✧✧

“That battle was so awesome!” Kaitlyn gushed.

“It was alright,” Charles said, getting up from the couch, “but now I’m going to go train with Zweilous.”

“You’ll still be the weakest trainer of the clans,” Lucy teased.

“Shut up! I could still beat you,” Charles grumbled.

“Oh yeah? Let’s battle then!”

“Yeah let’s so I can kick your ass!”

“Language, Charles,” Kaitlyn’s mom chided.

“Sorry, Ma.”

Kaitlyn giggled at what had just transpired. She loved her brother and cousin but it was just so fun to watch them fight.

“I can’t wait until next year so I can go out and beat the rest of the clans!” Kaitlyn said excitedly.

“Be careful. That Darius from the Garchomp Clan is very determined to beat us,” Kaitlyn’s mom warned.

“I can handle him!” Kaitlyn said, dismissing her mother’s warning.

“He will make a formidable rival. Just don’t come crying home if he beats you,” Lucy chimed in.

“You may not be strong enough,” Charles added.

“He’ll be the one crying after I’m through with him!” Kaitlyn was beginning to get frustrated at her family for treating her like a baby. She was already twelve!

“Ah screw this I’m going to bed,” Kaitlyn grumbled before stomping up the stairs to her room. Kaitlyn collapsed on her bed where her Deino was laying.

Kaitlyn stared up at her ceiling, her insecurities eating at her. Maybe Charles and Lucy were right. Maybe she was too weak to beat Darius and the rest of the clans. Deep down she knew they were just teasing her but she couldn’t help wondering if what they said was true. Just thinking about it made her mad!

Deino lightly head butted her arm, snapping her out of her thoughts. She pulled Deino against her body and hugged him tight. She could tell that Deino had confidence in her.

“You’re right as always Deino,” Kaitlyn sighed, “I need to stop over worrying. I’ll show them I can be the strongest trainer of the 8 clans... no, I’ll go beyond the eight clans and be the strongest trainer in Silvcus! Just you watch me!”

Scepty26

Chapter 1: Tournaments and Masters

“Let’s go, Deino!”

Kaitlyn and Deino ran through the woods behind her house, exploring. Deino kept on tripping on roots and bumping into trees.

“Woah there, Deino,” Kaitlyn bent down and picked up Deino after he fell for what seemed like the millionth time, “You’ve got to be more careful!”

Deino squeaked in thanks and proceeded to run ahead. Kaitlyn ran after Deino to keep up.

A few hours later, Kaitlyn and Deino returned to the house covered in dirt.

“Kaitlyn, you’re tracking dirt in the house,” one of Kaitlyn’s aunts complained.

“Sorry, Auntie,” Kaitlyn apologized, “I’ll go take a bath. Come on, Deino!”

Kaitlyn ran up the stairs, still trailing mud behind her. Deino happily followed her.

“She’s a lively one as always,” one of Kaitlyn’s uncles grumbled around his cigar.

“That’s good, considering she starts her journey tomorrow,” Lucy said as she walked into the Kitchen, “she needs the energy.”

“You obviously didn’t have enough energy as you quit after six badges,” Charles snickered from the table.

“Shut up! You didn’t do much better! You only got, what, seven badges?” Lucy shot back. “Not much better than me!”

“I’m still better than you, lil miss six badges.”

“Give it a rest you two. When will you ever stop arguing?” Kaitlyn and Charles’ mom cut in exasperated.

“Never!” The two bickering cousins shouted in unison.

Kaitlyn stifled a laugh at the top of the stairs. Listening to Charles and Lucy bicker never got old. Kaitlyn turned her back to the stairs and slipped towards the bathroom to bathe.

~

The next day, Kaitlyn awoke, excitement coursing throughout her body. Today was April 13! She was finally thirteen! Kaitlyn jumped from bed and ran down the stairs to the kitchen.

“Happy Birthday, dear,” Kaitlyn’s mom said from the stove.

“Happy Birthday, loser,” Charles called from the table.

The rest of Kaitlyn’s family greeted her with ‘Happy Birthday’ as she sat down at the table. Her mom walked over and served her some Chansey egg omelette and a drink of Moomoo Milk. Kaitlyn dug into the omelette as her family discussed some recent news.

“Evidently the Plasma Legion just established a training and recruitment site here in Silvcus,” Kaitlyn’s uncle William said while reading the newspaper. "Seems nice, but I doubt the rest of the region's going to take kindly to it."

“I don’t like it,” huffed Kaitlyn’s grandfather. “That blasted Archangel and his legionnaires keep poking their noses where they don’t belong! We already have strong, no, stronger Trainers close by like the Pokémon Masters, so what purpose do they serve?"

“It makes me feel safer knowing they're looking out for us,” Kaitlyn’s mom piped in, preventing him from going off on another tirade against the Legion. "Even if it is only slightly. Besides, it's partially through them that we're doing better as a region, even if we as a people don't want to admit it."

Kaitlyn didn’t pay much attention to what her family was saying as she just didn’t care. She finished her breakfast and ran upstairs to get dressed.

Kaitlyn pulled on a blue and red shirt and black cargo pants. She tied her long black hair into a ponytail before placing a red and blue baseball cap on her head. She completed the look with a brown fanny pack to store poke Balls and other trainer essentials. She ran downstairs to say goodbye to her family before heading out.

“You look so grown up!” Her mother gushed, giving her a huge hug.

Kaitlyn hugged the rest of her family but as she hugged Charles he whispered in her ear, “go kick some ass for me.”

“Be careful!” Her mother called as Kaitlyn laced on brown hiking boots. “I love you!” Her mother continued.

As Kaitlyn walked out the door with Deino, she turned around and called out, “I love you all! See you when I’m the champion!”

Kaitlyn walked out into a circle of eight mansions. The homes of each of the eight clans of Sorcha. Each house had a banner out front displaying the clan’s emblem. There was the Hydreigon Clan (which Kaitlyn hailed from), the Goodra Clan, the Kommo-o Clan, the Garchomp Clan (which Darius hailed from), the Metagross Clan, the Salamence Clan, the Tyranitar Clan, and the Dragonite Clan. Each clan housed powerful trainers and were all biter rivals with each other. Every year the clans sent out a batch of trainers to see who could become the strongest. This year, only two trainers were sent out. Kaitlyn and Darius.

In a break between two of the mansions was a dirt path leading through a forest and down a steep hill. At the end of the path was the large city of Sorcha. Kaitlyn headed down the path, Deino trotting at her heels.

After a twenty minute walk, Kaitlyn reached the sprawling city of Sorcha. With its criss-crossing roads filled with honking cars to the myriad of wild Pokémon running around the back alleys and parks. Kaitlyn loved the place.

She started her way to the Satoshi Arena where the Trainer’s School would be holding their annual tournament. The winner of the Tournament would get a Pokédex and have lunch with one of the seven Pokémon masters! The Pokémon Master in question was the most famous of the Pokémon masters. His name was Hikaru and he’s known as the World’s Strongest Trainer! Kaitlyn was so excited and determined to win the tournament.

One taxi cab ride later, Kaitlyn arrived at the Satoshi arena. She stood in awe in front of the ginormous stadium. The arena was owned by the Fighter’s Club but the school has rented it out.

Kaitlyn walked through the coliseum until she reached the battlefield in the center. Standing in the center of the battlefield was her class and her teacher Mrs. Nova Smith. Mrs. Smith had long blonde hair tied up in a bun, blue jeans, and a pastel sweater with a swollen belly indicating pregnancy. Standing next to her was a young, white haired man wearing a white tee and jeans. Despite his casual and inconspicuous look, Kaitlyn knew that young man was Hikaru.

Kaitlyn quickly joined her friends in the crowd as Mrs. Smith began to speak.

“Alright class, now that you’re all here, let’s begin!” Mrs. Smith announced. “This is Hikaru! He has agreed to oversee our little tournament as well as provide himself as one of the ‘prizes’. The winner will have lunch with him as well as obtain a Pokédex. Anything to add, Hika?” She said that last part with a cutesy smile.

“Mrs. Smith acts like she’s friends with Hikaru with that stupid little nickname. As if!” One of the girls in front of Kaitlyn snickered.

“Actually, I AM friends with Mrs. Smith, Samantha,” Hikaru said, stepping forward, the grin on his face not fading. Samantha flinched at her name.

“Now, any other comments before I begin?”

The class remained silent.

“Good. Well anyways, yo, I’m Hikaru! But you guys already know that. I’m so excited to watch this tournament! I’m sure you all will have some amazing battles! I have already drawn up the tournament bracket so we can just hop right into this!” The whole time he spoke, Hikaru drummed his fingers against his thigh. He also talked really fast.

Hikaru turned around and picked up a paper board behind him that Kaitlyn didn’t notice until now. He displayed the board to the class. There were twenty kids in the class with ten battles each in round one.

“Ok class, there’s no need to wait so let’s jump right into it! The first battle of round one is… Kaitlyn vs. Samantha!” Hikaru announced, his ever present grin still plastered on his face. “Everyone besides Samantha and Kaitlyn, let’s head to the stands!”

~

Kaitlyn stood at one end of the battlefield and Samantha stood at the other. Hikaru stood in the middle at the edge as he was refereeing. Sam and Kaitlyn readied their pokeballs.

“This will be a one-on-one battle! The winner will be decided when one person either forfeits or their Pokémon is unable to battle. Sam gets the first move!” Hikaru through his arms open in a grandiose gesture. “Let the battle begin!”

“Torchic, it’s time to battle!” Sam yelled, releasing a Torchic from her Poké Ball.

“Deino, let them tremble before our might!” Kaitlyn called out as she let out Deino.

“Ember!” Sam commanded.

Torchic opened its beak and out came a stream of embers. Kaitlyn smirked as they surrounded Deino, slowly dying down and leaving Deino totally unfazed

“That sure was a weak Ember. Are you sure that Torchic is a fire type?” Kaitlyn taunted. “Let’s show them true power with Dragon Rage!”

Deino opened his mouth and a blue fiery energy jetted out. Torchic tried to dodge but was overtaken by it. Deino then closed his mouth, shutting down the attack and revealing an unconscious Torchic.

“Torchic is unable to battle! Kaitlyn is the winner and advances to the next round!” Hikaru shouted out the results to the cheering class.

“You did amazing, Deino." Kaitlyn returned Deino to his Poké Ball.

“Dammit, dammit, dammit!” Sam stomped her foot as she returned Torchic. Without even shooting Kaitlyn a backward glance she stomped over to her friends.

“That was a brilliant first battle!” Hikaru thumped Kaitlyn on the back. “Great job!”

Now that she saw him up close, Kaitlyn noticed that Hikaru had a nervous energy to him. He drummed his fingers on his thighs and was generally very twitchy. He couldn’t sit still at all.

“Well let’s move to the next battle!” Hikaru called. “Next is Darius vs Hailey!”

Darius and Hailey took their place at each end of the battlefield and proceeded to battle. Darius sent out his Gible and Hailey sent out her Pikachu.

The battle was embarrassing for Hailey. Gible dodged all of Pikachu’s attacks and slammed into it with Tackle. Pikachu had tried to go for Quick Attack but Gible easily sidestepped it and tripped Pikachu. Gible finished the battle by using Dig to attack Pikachu from behind.

Hikaru declared the battle over and cheerfully congratulated Darius. Hikaru then called forth the next two combatants.

The rest of the battles were pretty boring. Hikaru seemed to lose energy as the battles dragged on. Finally, it was time for round two.

The first battle of round two (Mason vs Jaren) was fairly intense but ended pretty quickly. Mason moved on to the next round and Hikaru got ready to call out the next battle. When he saw the matchup an excited gleam sparkled in his eyes.

“Now this will be interesting,” Hikaru muttered to himself. “This battle may actually be entertaining. It’s always destructive when Clan members battle.”

Hearing part of that, Kaitlyn knew what the matchup was. Excitement coursed through her as she realized now was the time to prove herself.

Hikaru cleared his throat and called out the matchup to everyone in the arena. “Battle two of round two will be Kaitlyn vs Darius!”