• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Rebirth

Which storyline are you looking forward to the most?

• Total voters

Anton_91

Comic Trainer!
Pokémon Rebirth

logozkn.png

YO!
I'm back with a new series. It's been a long time since I was doing my last
series "Pokémon Supreme" here, so it's good to be back and i knew atleast a
few people are still here since that time so this is ESPECIALLY
dedicated to you previous Supreme fans!

Pokémon Rebirth is NOT 100% my own story. Rebirth is a Korean Manhwa
series I've gotten really into lately. So because I didn't want to do a clichéd
pkmn story and the Rebirth story really facinates me, I decided to inspire my
comic from it and mash it with the world of Pokémon. HOWEVER, I ended up
using more of the Rebirth story then I had inteded. So the prologue parts
are pretty much the same as the original story. BUT then I intend to take the
story in a different direction more toward the Pokémon way and not have the
same happenings as inte the Manhwa.

NOTICE:
I have NO CLUE how often I will update! But I know myself good enough that
there can go weeks without me doing any new parts due to lack of intresst.
So I wanted to make alot of parts before uploading the comic here. I haven't
done quite as many as I would have wanted but almost. So I have a few
ready but I won't upload them all at once so the wait will be shorter.

Oh, and one more thing. I'm sorry if this comic is offensive in a religious
perspective! It involves questions about god and stuff... So if you're a
really
religious person, maybe you shouldn't read. I didn't make this to
offend anyone. oh, and there will be some blood so it's not for tiny children either...
(and sorry bout the crappy logo. I'll fix it sometime)

Hope you'll like it!

-----------
Part 00: Dawn of The Chronicles
Act 001: The Rebirth
Act 002: Deal
Act 003: Millenear VS Deshwitat
Act 004: Whatever it takes
Act 005: Attack from the Temple
Act 006: The Dark Messiah

Part 01: Kanto Chronicles! The Powers of Light and Darkness
Act 007: Story
Act 008: Oh Crap
Act 009: After Eating
Act 010: Banned
Act 011: The Art of Being a Bait

NOTE:
This comic is not dead but from now and to something like 4 months it it's gonna be very few updates.
I'm going to have a workperiod instead of going to school and it's very far from were I live so I will only
be able to come home on the weekends. I'm not closing this or giving up on it, but during these months
I'll be extremly busy. Specially in the beginning since I'm also working on getting my drivers license.
So again, this is not good bye, just don't be surprised if the updates will be few and long between. Sorry =/

-----------
lightdark.png

-----------

DISCLAIMER:
I do not own Pokémon or Rebirth in anyway, they are not my creations and
this is purely fan made.
I did not rip any of the sprites myself, so credit goes to all the super cool
people at The Spriters Resource!

Last edited:

Beco

Beware...
Hey, welcome back to the author community :p

Nice start, a very long part as well, and a lot of things happen as well, I love that, and it's not cliché at all, I don't now that Rebirth manga you were talking about, so it's all new to me.

I hope to see the next part soon.

Matt Silver

Rest My Chemistry
Welcome back, indeed.

Likewise to Beco, I have no knowledge about the manga, but I assume you intend to make the comic as if people have little to no idea, right? Either way, this was a good 'Pilot'. Nice and easy to follow, with some cool setup. Length is awesome, haha, I mean, how many 36 panel sprite comics do we see these days!?!

Eager to see what's coming up, Anton. Keep it up.

Anton_91

Comic Trainer!
Yay! Beco! Matt Silver! Thank youuu =)

Glad you both liked the pilot, and I'm glad that the lenght was a positive thing. 8)
btw, the Rebirth manga is not well known outside Korea (acutally not sure how famous it is there either xp) and you don't have to have read it to understand this comic. The opposite actually, then you don't know what going to happen =)

here's part two, not as long as the first part but hopefully still enjoyable ^^
Act 002: Deal
~

Beco

Beware...
Nice new part, the battle between good and evil seems to be starting now.

It's interresting to see that the blond chick calls herself a person of Good, an exorcist, but still she's on the dark side, together with Remi, in that banner thingy in the first post.

lokitheodd

Holy Balogney
Wow, that was very action packed. This is definitely a plot I haven't seen before.
My only complaint would have to be that you can't see the vampire attacks very easily, with the scene darkened like that. I wish you would make them a bit more noticable.

Also, there is a spelling error in panel 16 of the second comic. It should be 'Blood **gives you your strength back'

Anton_91

Comic Trainer!
Beco, thanks. And I was starting to explain about the banner but then I realised that I was spoiling the story so I stopped typing. x) You'll just have to see what happens. ;)

Lokitheodd, thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake, I'll fix it as soon as I got time. =) And I'll try to work harder on the dark attacks to make them more visable.

I couldn't wait so here's the third part for you. This time it's Deshwitat VS Millenear. ;)
Act 003: Millenear VS Deshwitat

And please comment, I want to know what you think. ^^

Matt Silver

Rest My Chemistry
Intriguing (and action-packed)...

By the way, I am loving the effects you use during the battles, like Kiss of Death and Saint's Aura. Length, again, is awesome. Keep it up.

Anton_91

Comic Trainer!
Yoo!
I'm going away to a friends house until thursday so I thought I'd upload one more act before I went x ). This one is not as action packed as the previous but it might clear a few things up for you who are wondering about stuff. ;P

Act 004: Whatever it takes
~
Now, someone voted my comic 5stars yesterday! (THANK U =D)
However, not unexpectedly, someone voted it down today again. XP
Now, it's not that I care what ranking I have or anything, but it's just sad. You who have commented didn't seem to have any big dislikes so if someone just ranks it down without commenting why it's very hard for me to know what I should improve. After all I am doing it for you who read this. =/
(also, ranking/judging a comic after reading 3 parts seems a little hasty but that's your call xp)
So if you have any complains I would rather you wrote so could improve that. Otherwise it feels sort of unnecessary.

Beco

Beware...
Nice new parts, the backstory of the vampire is inspired by the korean comic, I guess, I like it, Light is actually bad, and dark is good, nice touch.

Don't mind the star rating system, most downrates are actually just jealous authors, I still have the same problem with TPJ, even now that it's actually good.

Matt Silver

Rest My Chemistry
Nice new parts, the backstory of the vampire is inspired by the korean comic, I guess, I like it, Light is actually bad, and dark is good, nice touch.

Don't mind the star rating system, most downrates are actually just jealous authors, I still have the same problem with TPJ, even now that it's actually good.

Ahh... jealous comic'ers, where would we be without them? -_- I'm glad they ditched the stars over at PC, anyway.

On topic: Great new part. The dynamic I'm seeing between the Dark and Light is interesting. Since I'm not going off to read the Korean comic and spoil myself, I'll just wait and see then. I noticed a little more in the way of humour in this part, which was cool.

Keep it up.

EvilPikachu79

Congrats! You Fail!
Like Beco and MattSilver said I don't know anything about it either. Maybe I'll go read it later. Anyway nice characters and plot. Very different than anything else on this forum. Good job I'll definetly keep reading.

This is kinda off topic as well...Anyway the jealous comic'ers are really anoyying. It seems to happen to a lot of people these days. Anyway (again) can't wait for the next part. I'm really likeing the characters, which I beleive is one of the most impotant things next to the plot of course.

Last edited:

Anton_91

Comic Trainer!
^Thanks, Beco & Matt Silver. I won't be botherd by the ratings anymore ;)
Hey, EvilPikachu79! Thanks and it's great that you really like the characters =D I
think that liking chracters are very imporaint because it keeps you rooting for them and
want to know what happens next =)
Bentley, YAY for new readers! =D I'll try to keep up the good work xD

New part. The trio has reached China and almost the Highest Temple they're looking for.
This is the first apperance of personalityfree Beryun and the girlcrazy warrior Rett. I know
Beryun might seem impossible to like but I hope you I'll enjoy both characters ;)

Act 005: Attack from the Temple
~
Comments are welcomed 83

Beco

Beware...
Nice new part, I have to admit that I went on to search this "Rebirth" on wikipedia, but I was able to stop reading before I got further then you are in your comic right now :p

Anton_91

Comic Trainer!
Hey, Nelmaih0. =D I really hope you will ;)

Beco, you cheater! XD So you read on wikipedia? You didn't read the actual manga?
Anyhow, what did you think? Did the comic and manga seem similar?

EvilPikachu79

Congrats! You Fail!
Great new part. Involves a nice battle yet some story to it. I read the first chapter of Rebirth but decided to stop reading more until you got farther in your comic. Therefore I wouldn't spoil anything. Keep up the good work.

Matt Silver

Rest My Chemistry
Admit it, Anton, you are a salesman for this manga, what with all the converts you're creating hahaha.

Anyways, great new chapter. A few minor errors (3rd panel: "That was not a few!" instead of "They were not few!", and panel 26 has a speech bubble mishap.) but all good apart from the minor issues. Keep it up.