• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon related pet peeves?

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
Anyhoo, my pet peeve is when multiple hit attacks (fury swipes, arm thrust, etc.) rarely hit more than twice when you use them, but when the opponent uses them, they rarely hit less than five times.

OMG, that is how I feel! Like when I had a Rhydon that knew Rock Blast, it had an 80% accuracy. But it misses a lot! And it mainly hits 2-3 times!

Ironfish

pokemon scientist
OMG, that is how I feel! Like when I had a Rhydon that knew Rock Blast, it had an 80% accuracy. But it misses a lot! And it mainly hits 2-3 times!

what happenes with me is: Gyarados use stone edge the foe's porygon-z avoided the attack the foe's porygon-z used zap-cannon it's super effective and I'm like ._.

jakovu

ANYTIME a person misspells a Pokémon (or any word, for that matter) really bugs me. "Ghastly", "Klingklang", and most attempts at spelling Gyarados especially.

Bubble Beam

Bubble Buddy!
How you must pay higher the higher your pokemon levels up when you get them out of the day care.

edit: I think I just confuzzled myself with that sentence...

octoboy

I Crush Everything
ANYTIME a person misspells a Pokémon (or any word, for that matter) really bugs me. "Ghastly", "Klingklang", and most attempts at spelling Gyarados especially.

"Ninetails" springs to mind.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
My most recent pet peeve is fighting a Pokemon with Sturdy.
Other peeves include a wild Zubat (I love Crobat though), and fighting a Fisherman with 6 Magikarps.

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
Whenever someone takes something too literally about Pokemon, or assumes the developers can't comprehend the concept of a joke. It stands to reason that if the developers have to make another few hundred new Pokedex entries each game they'd at least want to have fun with some of them.

I also don't like it when people assume necessary limits to be what the world is supposed to be interpreted as. You see this with Legendaries being unable to breed, with the ONLY reason being that you're only supposed to be able to catch one per game, not meaning they are immortal/reproduce via mitosis.

And really, I just get bugged by fan stupidity in general.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
My most recent pet peeve is fighting a Pokemon with Sturdy.
Other peeves include a wild Zubat (I love Crobat though), and fighting a Fisherman with 6 Magikarps.

This. The Magikarp trainers are awful. They don't even have to have 6 of them to annoy me. As long as their team is pure Magikarp, it annoys me to fight them. For EV's, sure, they're great, but for playthroughs, they're just an awful waste of time for poor Exp., and the worst offender is Fisherman Mick in BW's Route 13, carrying a team of 6 lv. 60 Magikarps. Lv. 60! Why?!

Banana Bloodplanet

Full Heal and Full Restore not getting rid of infatuation and being cursed. Aren't they supposed to heal all status ailments?

The fact that you need a Heart Scale or mushrooms to remember moves. I think it should be like the Move Deleter where you just ask them and they delete it for you, no "payment" needed.

Cutty

Forever now
I hate wild pokemon w/ sturdy too. Also wild pokemon that successsfully use detect, protect and endure when I wanna finish them off in one blow.

GreenSweeper

Pokemon = supr srs
My biggest pet peeve is fakeout. Because of that move I grimace every time an enemy sends out a Purrloin.

Bubble Beam

Bubble Buddy!
Full Heal and Full Restore not getting rid of infatuation and being cursed. Aren't they supposed to heal all status ailments?

The fact that you need a Heart Scale or mushrooms to remember moves. I think it should be like the Move Deleter where you just ask them and they delete it for you, no "payment" needed.

These too, I wonder why there aren't berries for stuff like that.. *Gets hit with, 'they can't make berries for every status' comments*
And I hate the heart scale thing, it's annoying.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
These too, I wonder why there aren't berries for stuff like that.. *Gets hit with, 'they can't make berries for every status' comments*
And I hate the heart scale thing, it's annoying.

There is actually a berry for curing infatuation called the "Eggant Berry". It was an exclusive e-Reader berry for RS. If transferred to Gen IV, it becomes an Enigma berry though.

No cure for curse though.

Aakash98

Here is something that confuses me

This is Chandelure's pokedex entry from Pokemon Black

It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.

According to research Chandelure CAN'T learn Hypnosis, so that is another reason the pokedex is wrong. It tips me off, because Chandelure which is my favourite pokemon can't learn a move that would greatly benefit it's use in catching legendaries and battling since it has insanely high special attack. Did I not mention Chandelure can learn Dream Eater but not any Sleep inducing move

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Just cause Chandelure can't learn Hypnosis doesn't mean it can't hypnotise.

By that logic, a Luxray can't eat if it doesn't have Bite or Crunch.

iraqmaster

When the Elite Four/Champion have like 4-5 restores and use them on the same pokemon...