• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon related pet peeves?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Its a really fickle thing but...

When I refer to Gary/Blue as Green and people always try to correct me and say "its not green its blue." NO! His original name was Green dangit. He was only called blue because we only got blue from Japan. And people tell me i'm wrong for thinking that way. I called Red Red, "Gary" Green, and the female protagonist blue [and sometimes leaf]. Its also kinda annoying when people say blue because I don't know what blue their referring to. Gahh I just wish Green has a consistent name like Reds D;

I kinda just wish everyone would call him green, including gamefreak. Cause red and green are complimentary colors =w=; and I like the name better.

My generation was so screwed up lol!

I just go by the English names listed in the main series games, and since I regard the games as the highest form of canon (as they were the first Pokemon canon), I go with "Blue." I refer to the female protagonist of Kanto, who never really comes up in conversation all that often in my experience, as "Leaf."

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I just go by the English names listed in the main series games, and since I regard the games as the highest form of canon (as they were the first Pokemon canon), I go with "Blue." I refer to the female protagonist of Kanto, who never really comes up in conversation all that often in my experience, as "Leaf."

I know, like I said its really fickle. Its just the fact that Green [or your blue] is my favorite character in all of pokemon so to have someone say "thats not his name noob" to me just erks me off. [i'm not saying you or anyone else at the current time, past experiences with overreactive fanboys.]

Its not like any of them are wrong it just comes down to being subjective...like everything else in pokemon XD. And then because a lot of people like to reference the pokemon manga [that I really need to start reading] The females name in there is blue and then it makes me all sorts of messed up when they talk about her in the manga cause i'm still thinking on game terms and that a lot of people use his English name and gahhh!! It gives me a headache. Just tell me if your talking male or female then i'll get it!

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
OK, three things:

1. Meloetta persists to be unavaliable in the UK and America.

2. The Japanese can unlock Genesect now, and us overseas 3DS owners can't even get Meloetta!

3. ...5 gens since the type was introduced, and there STILL isn't a Dark gym?!

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I get annoyed that a lot of Pokemon fans are so close minded and won't even think about a new Type and then they try to actually give a pitiful argument of why there shouldn't be a new Type. It's fine to have your opinion and all but it seems to me that they don't want change more than anything.

Last edited:

Sarleekotcam

The Real Tsareena
The magnum opus of weirdness in Pokédex entries is the fact that people used to put Darumaka poop in their clothes because it was warm. Ugh.

Well that's not terribly weird. Different tribes and groups of people around the world use animal poop for a whole bunch of uses. Fuel for cooking fire, flooring for huts, make-up, etc lol. It would make sense for poop to be as valuable in the Pokemon World as the real world.

My pet peeve would be people assuming the games are only for little kids. I've played since the first games so I'm going to keep playing!

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I get annoyed that a lot of Pokemon fans are so close minded and won't even think about a new Type and then they try to actually give a pitiful argument of why there shouldn't be a new Type. It's fine to have your opinion and all but it seems to me that they don't want change more than anything.

I'm more sick of the fact that those who want a new type always want it to be Light (would that make it Good in Japan?).

jadebullet

It is more that the type that they want, light, doesn't make much sense at all.(electric already works similarly enough to light to make it redundant.) A few other reasons that a new type isn't wanted is that it isn't needed. Everything is pretty well balanced with the current types, and any imbalances can easily be fixed with new pokemon to fill any holes. Steel and Dark were added to create balance to the game, especially because of psychic's dominance in first gen. Piggybacking off of this, adding a new type would most likely throw off this balance and would change the entire dynamic of most of the existing types. Also, we are still waiting on several types that haven't been done yet, such as fire/water.

Finally, there aren't really any types, at least that I can think of, that would make sense to be added. I mean, you kind of have sound, but that is covered by normal, light is pointless, air is covered by flying, and gravity just wouldn't work too well.

I hate when youre playing on the ladder or something and your opponent sees that you have Latios or Terrakion or whatever and theyre like "Oh noob you have a legendary you cheater." Or when youre playing on the Ubers ladder and you run into one of those idiots who has an OU team+Excadrill and say the same thing not even realizing they are in Ubers. Like seriously learn the tiers haha.

493Arceus

Wi-Fi Battle Champ
I really hate critical hits! They always seem to come at the worst possible time like in a gym leader battle or in the elite four! I just feel like it makes the game unfair because the other pokemon just randomly decides to get stronger and attack twice as hard. I don't think pokemon battles should involve that much luck.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I really hate critical hits! They always seem to come at the worst possible time like in a gym leader battle or in the elite four! I just feel like it makes the game unfair because the other pokemon just randomly decides to get stronger and attack twice as hard. I don't think pokemon battles should involve that much luck.

First time through the elite four in white 2 was easy but the 2nd time they got 3-4 critical hits on me per battle after my pokemon set up. Iris's Lapras froze my pokemon with ice beam 2x and everything else barely survived +6 flamethrower or +6 bugg buzz from my Volcarona.... that was one of my better days playing white 2. Apart from that finding shinies that have self destruct or explosion or finding them when paired with a npc is a pain although I did get my shiny Boldure(now a Gigalith) while teamed with Bianca in the volcano.

What I really hate is when you go find a wild pokemon drop it to 1 health via false swipe and toss a pokeball with a +4 rating and it fails. That really annoys me to no end.

DoubleEh

i hate how in the games all the professors are not even as smart as the 12 year old kid playing it.
LOVE MAKES UR POKEMANS STRONGER. bulllllsh*t

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
People putting S an the end of a pokemon's name to make it plural.

That's a ridiculous pet peeve. You're saying one shouldn't use the plural logic of the English language we've been taught since age 2? That's like saying not to pluralize 'human' or 'dog' in the same context. Why should we assume that every pokémon pluralization is the same as 'deer' or 'sheep' in the real world?

lidaboy

procrastina...
I really crave balance and equality so for me when i see counterparts but is biased in someones favour it just feels weird, like rufflet and vullaby, no doubt they're counterparts, but vullaby's bst is higher than rufflett's. how are they counterparts now?

Shockking

i dont know anymore
That's a ridiculous pet peeve. You're saying one shouldn't use the plural logic of the English language we've been taught since age 2? That's like saying not to pluralize 'human' or 'dog' in the same context. Why should we assume that every pokémon pluralization is the same as 'deer' or 'sheep' in the real world?
Well, seeing as Pokémon is a Japanese thing and they don't have that whole S adding thing... not only that but since everyone that is a fan of Pokémon should know not to add s' and those are probably the same People that make the mistakes.

Some pokemon do not begin with damage dealing attacks. They cannot battle or train, without an HM or TM, if they cannot decrease the HP of the opponent. Why does Splash even exist?

Cubone for example had Bone Club and Growl as its beginning attacks in Red/Blue, but Since Gold/Silver, it now only begins with Growl, leans Tail Whip next, then Bone Club. Other examples are:

Jigglypuff - Sing
Magikarp - Splash
Spoink - Splash
Togepi - Growl, Charm
Abra - Teleport

Also there is Ralts with Growl. How did Wally train it? I like Gardevoir and Gallade a lot, but Ralts is extremely hard to find on that one route and then it just has Growl when you catch it.

Pkmngen1

Look: you know why you guys are so annoyed? Because Pokemon Diamond and Pearl suck. If you want a real pokemon game, play pokemon red, blue and yellow. End of discussion.