• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon related pet peeves?

One of my strongest peeve is people who write Pokemons, I can oversee the lack of apostrophe, but Pokémon is plural, the same goes for every single Pokémon. There are no such thing as Dratinis or Sneasels or Camerupts. It's all plural!

I agree 100%

PsychicPsycho

A few things:

-wild pokemon that use status moves
-any time during a battle a pokemon uses Endure just to avoid its death. I can understand Endure followed by Reversal, but when most in game trainers do it it's just pointless. At the moment, I'm thinking about this because of the 'Train with Martial Artists' and 'Spar with X Trainers' Funfest missions. I'm trying to get through these fights, and the Riolu love spamming Endure- sometimes they'd get it 3 times in a row
-when I'm looking for treasures in dust clouds, but keep finding pokemon
-people on the GTS that ask for impossible trades

I'm sure there's many more, but that's all I can think of right now

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
As seen above: GTS asshats. "If you give me a Level 9 Haxorus, I'll give you my level 5 Snivy!" or, just as bad, the high-level-rare for low-level-common turds. "GIMMIE YO LEVEL 100 MEW FOR MAH LV 1 BIDOOF! NAOW!". The GTS is a joke. They should really put some sort of restriction on it so that things like my examples don't happen.

NPCs that decide to move when you move, especially the ones that move RIGHT INTO your path or the trainers that you think are stationary until you move, then they turn to face you...and, the girl in RGBY who says "Eeeek! Did you just touch me!?" Um, no. I was on the opposite side of the screen trying to avoid you...

Metronome...I have the worst luck ever with that move. Everyone else gets something cool. What do I get? Sand attack, Leer, Growl, Tail Whip, Screech...sometimes I get Explosion. I hate explosion and self-destruct. That's why I never use them. I just think it's stupid to make your own pokemon faint for a chance (a mere chance!) to faint your opponent.

Recoil moves. Hate them. I also dislike Hyper Beam and its variants (you know, attack this turn, but you can't do a thing next turn).

Trainers with 6 Magicarp, Caterpie, or other weak pokemon--especially when they are at high levels. Y U NO EVOLVE THEM!?

And finally, Sturdy, as so many of you have said.

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
When you're nuzlocking, your pokemon is about to die from whatever, and then that random radicate uses pursuit...
also hax in general when done to me. confusion, paralysis, flinching...

This, so much. This was how I lost Wiress the Rattata.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I've got a few pet peeves, my list goes from annoying to most annoying.

- People that talk about pokemon when they clearly have no knowledge of it in the first place. Just makes me want to blurt out to correct them.
- Fishermen that have nothing but magikarps on their team(Especially one's with 6 magikarps). It's even worse when they have them at level 40..... and above. Waste of time for hardly any exp, only good for ev training(which I don't do that often).
- The change to Sturdy, when I first played White an kept finding boldore thinking I could OHKO it. But no it lives with one hp just so that I have to waste another move to kill it. Good in competitive battles sure but during grinding in a playthrough it's just annoying.
- GTS almost everyone hates this. The main reason why is because there's so many people that request for something that's impossible and darn right retarded. *Requesting a level 9 and under Reshiram for level 10 Oddish*, and there's even some like this *Trade me your level 100 Flygon and I'll give you a Level 15 Trapinch ;)*

I'll put more if I think of any, but so far these are a few that annoy me the most.

Unoin

How you can't catch wild Pokemon in double battles without fainting one first, which makes it harder to catch your desired Pokemon than single encounters. Yet Ash can catch 30 Tauros from the same herd at the one time!

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
How you can't catch wild Pokemon in double battles without fainting one first, which makes it harder to catch your desired Pokemon than single encounters. Yet Ash can catch 30 Tauros from the same herd at the one time!

yeah, thats always been annoying to me, i mean, just let us choose which pokemon that we want to trow the ball at already XD

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
GTS almost everyone hates this. The main reason why is because there's so many people that request for something that's impossible and darn right retarded. *Requesting a level 9 and under Reshiram for level 10 Oddish*

It's definitely a pain, especially when it's for a common pokemon.

and there's even some like this *Trade me your level 100 Flygon and I'll give you a Level 15 Trapinch ;)*

Even worse when it's a Lv 1 for a Lv 100. That's when those people end up with a bunch of hacks. I have pushed it a few times by breaking out my action replay and using a super quick exp gain code.

Although it doesn't really matter to me, but it's when I offer a Lv 1 somewhat common pokemon for another at any level, and some dummy trades me a Lv 100 or a shiny for it.

PsychicPsycho

...asshats...
lol

I spent a lot of time on the GTS, and also tried to think of a way they could emplement a restriction, but can't really think of a good way. What something is worth varies from person to person, so it's hard to think of a good line that can't be crossed. I would like if they at least programed it so you couldn't request something impossible (i.e., level 1 Zekrom); I think the possibility of a trade would stop some of the spam offers.
yeah, thats always been annoying to me, i mean, just let us choose which pokemon that we want to trow the ball at already XD
Agree

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
The most irritating thing is when your only good move has some 2 pp left and some stupid Tranquil uses detect TWICE and then your out of pp.

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
Yeah....same here. But who cares about the definites. The kid turned into kadabra by trying to do something. I'm pretty sure the dex says that's a RUMOR.statement for stuff earlier in the forum. Yeah. GTS. Idiots. Sometimes I just want to scream I am not giving you a lv9 reshiram for a level 1 bidoof, you F***ing jack***! I search for hours and all I get is reshiram, reshiram, over and over. Either these people think everyone hacks, or they have the brain of a three year old. Who cares about a shiny bidoof? I WANT TO KEEP MY RESHIRAM!! Yeah......

Last edited:

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Pokemon not being able to learn moves that they look like they should be able-Eelektross and surf, things like that.

SpeedDeoxys

Am I wrong here?
GTS. I want to kill all the people who want Lv.9 for Lv.100s. The reason why you can choose Lv.9 legendaries in the GTS, is because someday Game Freak will release a Lv1 legendary event.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Shedninja in the Battle Frontier. Such a pain.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
The GTS, by far, is what ultimately prevents me from giving Pokemon games perfect scores for a medley of reasons.

For one, you're basically forced to cheat or hunt people down in forums all over the web to unlock a search for pokes... And when you DO unlock thier search, 98% of trainers ask for illegal pokemon!!

I will pull my hair out, run screaming into the night and blow up half of Kanto Region if I search for LV.1 Froakie in Gen Six and run into people asking for LV.10 and under Xerneas. If that ever happens, there will be bloodshed.

...Intense, digital 3D bloodshed.

Doux

My Pokemon being put to sleep and my opponent's Pokemon doing nothing but repeatedly healing. So frustrating!

*~Silver*~

Pokemon not being able to learn moves that they look like they should be able-Eelektross and surf, things like that.

That really bugs me too. Pokemon that learn moves they look like they shouldn't be able to use bugs me too. Nidoran using Tail-Whip... It doesn't have a tail TO whip. *Facepalm*

tyranitarenthusiast

OK, three things:

1. Meloetta persists to be unavaliable in the UK and America.

2. The Japanese can unlock Genesect now, and us overseas 3DS owners can't even get Meloetta!

3. ...5 gens since the type was introduced, and there STILL isn't a Dark gym?!

there is a meloetta event in north america coming in march