• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Is it emolga?

It glides... Can likely fit thought a cat flap (And I assume a doggie door is a bigger cat flap)... Is said to 'cause a lot of trouble.'....
It's highest stat is speed, and it gets moves that help it get hit less.... It can learn rain dance to turn the weather dark....
It could learn toxic and that move is relevant to the concept of getting stung (though perhaps something that learns poison sting would be closer here)

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Okay before the rollback I guessed Marshadow, greninja and Gliscor my justifications were as follows.

- Marshadow : you can't hit a shadow, it can fit through a doggy door, it's a dark type for the for being dastardly but that was pretty much it.

- Greninja: a literal smooth criminal with its smooth skin and being a dark type ninja, again a dark type for the dastardly clue, a water type for the weather clue and fir the waves, it could dive through a doggy door.

- Gliscor ( but I'm changing it to Gligar cause that fits even better) : sand veil is a weather related ability that increases evasion even if the foe has keen sight. Small enough for the doggy door and under the stool, poisonous sting lines up with replacing the struck in the song with a stung, can glide, is pretty dastardly grabbing unto faces to blind and then sting.

So @shoz999 next time you are online can you tell me if I'm on the right track? I'm guessing you'll come back after the next SV trailer?

lol, this is cheesy as hell. Okay here's my riddle.

The weather turns dark.
The most dastardly of Pokemon lurks nearby.
The most astute of trainers gaze into the window.
They've been stung by... a smooth criminal.

The chase begins.
You chase me through the bedroom, making quite a mess.
You chase me underneath the stool, flipping it over.
You chase me through the doggy door but you cannot fit.

What's that? You can track my smell?
Not in this weather you can! Now I glide away!
Even with your keen sight.
What good is ferocious strength if you can't strike me? Hee hee!
The day turned clear. You think luck is on your side?
You've underestimated me too long.
For I've already made my escape.
Moon walking across these tame waves!
Hee hee! You've been had by a smooth criminal!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Okay before the rollback I guessed Marshadow, greninja and Gliscor my justifications were as follows.

- Marshadow : you can't hit a shadow, it can fit through a doggy door, it's a dark type for the for being dastardly but that was pretty much it.

- Greninja: a literal smooth criminal with its smooth skin and being a dark type ninja, again a dark type for the dastardly clue, a water type for the weather clue and fir the waves, it could dive through a doggy door.

- Gliscor ( but I'm changing it to Gligar cause that fits even better) : sand veil is a weather related ability that increases evasion even if the foe has keen sight. Small enough for the doggy door and under the stool, poisonous sting lines up with replacing the struck in the song with a stung, can glide, is pretty dastardly grabbing unto faces to blind and then sting.

So @shoz999 next time you are online can you tell me if I'm on the right track? I'm guessing you'll come back after the next SV trailer?
You can go ahead and do the next riddle, I forgot what the Pokemon was a long time ago.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
You can go ahead and do the next riddle, I forgot what the Pokemon was a long time ago.
Could've just pretended I'd got it right :p

But okay

More to see and feed me
Am I Half of divinity?
Do I float or hang?
Agape I am.
No cold please, nor warmth or sky.
I inherit rage and worry
No pests or toxins please
I'm not on for eating cheese

octoboy

I Crush Everything
No cold, warmth, sky, pests or toxins definitely makes me think grass type. When I think of hanging, agape grass types, I think of weepinbell, but that's part poison type, thus doesn't have the bug or poison weaknesses. Carnivine has levitate, and is a plant that eats, tying into the "feed" part, plus its prominent mouth may fit the "agape" part so that's the closest I can think of for now. I have no idea what the cheese part could mean.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
No cold, warmth, sky, pests or toxins definitely makes me think grass type. When I think of hanging, agape grass types, I think of weepinbell, but that's part poison type, thus doesn't have the bug or poison weaknesses. Carnivine has levitate, and is a plant that eats, tying into the "feed" part, plus its prominent mouth may fit the "agape" part so that's the closest I can think of for now. I have no idea what the cheese part could mean.
I'm gonna take that as a guess for carbine.

And damn that was far too quick, I should've saved some of the lines for clues later or something. It is Carnivine. But the cheese line is a bit tongue in check.

Edit pressed send too quick... Here's an explanation of each line, some are a little contrived.

More to see and feed me - a reference to little shop of horrors where a carnivorous plant says feed me Seymour
Am I Half of divinity? - di means 2 so divine could mean a double vine and Carnivine is a vine pokemon
Do I float or hang? - the ability levitate suggests that Carnivine floats in mid air but the Pokédex says it hangs, I guess it does a mix of both?
Agape I am. It's lies open waityfor prey.
No cold please, nor warmth or sky. - weaknesses of the grass type.
I inherit rage and worry - rage powder and worry seed can only be learnt as egg moves for carnivine.
No pests or toxins please - the rest of its weaknesses.
I'm not on for eating cheese - cheese is not meat and Carnivine is named after carnivorrs who only eat meat ( though in practice a lot of carnivorous animals do eat other things sometimes without being considered omnivores)

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Whoa, didn't expect that to work! Here's one from me:

Look what I’m doing when we meet
This action I will not repeat
Unless through my eyes, ears or nose
I am brought to it, I suppose
(That is assuming I have these
You will not see me wink or sneeze)
What I have built in younger days
Make me forever change my ways

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I don't want to let this thread fade to obscure again but I'm kinda stumped. Nothing immediately springs into mind.

But I'll say Mr.Rime

You won't see him wink or sneeze as the face on his head is a fake and his real face is on his torso. And Mime Junior will 'forever change his ways' if he evolves in Galarian mister Mime rather than the kantonian form.

As for the rest of the clues... Hmmm not sure
Let's try to see if we can fit mister Rime into them.
What he's doing when you meet? His intro animation with the little dance? And he won't do it again unless it'svusedvas a attack animation, i.e bring brought to it by bring told to attack ( ears) or being played with in the camp (eyes seeing the ball) or smelling a delicious curry ( nose)

What does he build in younger days? Well it's said in the Pokédex that Mime Junior, will mimic Mister Rimes dances and admires so perhaps it builds up a desire to become a mister Rime?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
It isn't Mr. Rime. I do appreciate your dedicated guessing.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tyrogue?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Wormadam isn't the answer. And as per this rule:

- All guesses must be justified in some way. The poster of a riddle is allowed to ignore any attempts to guess which don't explain the reason behind it

I won't be confirming whether or not the above 2 guesses are correct.
Edit: I'll post a hint after 2 justified guesses to the riddle.