• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

Genaller

Silver Soul
The best I can think of would ironically be Banette. It was dumped by some kid, so that fills the tragic story requirement.

Not sure about the 2nd line, but it could mean that it didn’t fulfill its function which was to entertain said child (if it had, then it wouldn’t have been thrown away).

The 3rd line could mean that Banette is simultaneously a stuffed toy and a vengeful soul (2), but failed to be entertaining as well (3).

The 4th line has to do with it getting tossed away in a garbage dump (since some of those are blue in color and “blue bin” is a recycling model).

Lines 5 and 6 are to do with the child throwing Banette away despite Banette thinking he’d like him.

Line 7 could be that Banette believes it’d be more successful as an entertainer if it modeled itself like a more ‘popular/mainstream’ doll while line 8 is a reference to Ominous Wind.

Line 9 is the most confusing. Line 10 refers to the child dumping Banette again, so that would coincide with the “blue” in line 9 referring to the garbage dump as that would be a successor of sorts to the child with respect to where Banette was staying though I’m not sure why Banette would want to possess the garbage dump lol.

Line 11 is to do with its sadness over being discarded while the final line could be regarding leaving its new home in search of the child that threw it away.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not Banette.

I'll try giving a hint after 3 more attempts.

My life’s a rather tragic story
For I never got my glory
I could not be three in two
For my chance vanished into the blue
Considering all of the victor’s pride
You’d think he’d like me, but he’ll brush me aside
Unless I blend into the crowd and conform
Though if he makes me do that, I’ll raise up a storm
And maybe take the blue one’s place
Just like his predecessor left me in disgrace
But for now I’m only the one who grieves
The one who turns around and leaves

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I could only think of Mimikyu after the other two choices.

First two lines might refer to how Mimikyu is always sad and that it felt inferior to Pikachu.

“You’d think he’d like me, but he’ll brush me aside” might also refer to how people always bought Pikachu merchandise over it.

“Blending in the crowd” perhaps relates to how its cloth looks like Pikachu and that it wants to be like it.

I’m at a loss in the other lines but it was the best that I could think of haha

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Interesting interpretation, but it isn't mimikyu.

Edit: c'mon, guys, just two more shots and you'll get a new hint!

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
It's Politoed,
the blue one is Poliwrath.
Storms are wet, water is wet, politoed is a water type
Poliwrath's predecessor is poliwhirl who left poiltoed disgraced by evolving into Poliwrath rather than politoed
Politoed has a snazzy (for a water type) green and yellow colour scheme and you'd think that Politoed's trainer'd like that? The brush is a referance to paint which is used to apply colour schemes to things (but not pokemon)

Or is it an Eevee evolution? Eh? most likely wrong but I'll post this nonetheless to resuscitate the thread. (and get us close to that juicy hint)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Interesting logic, but it isn't politoed.

One more shot, then hint.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Is it Kecleon?
Because Kecleon is a chameleon so it can blend in the crowd. And blue one probably refers to Froakie line which also has protean but is a lot more popular.

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not kecleon.

New line:

The reason for my tragic fate
Is that, old as I am, I was found too late

Edit: Wow, a new hint, and still no one can guess? Am I that perplexing?

keepitsimple

site of lies
i don't have a damn clue but i don't want your thread to die so what the heck

is it mega charizard y with x being the blue one??

octoboy

I Crush Everything
You are a lifesaver.

But an unfortunately incorrect lifesaver. T'is not charizard.

New hint after two more.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Magikarp

The blue one is Gyrados

Too late cause it evoles at level 20???

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not magikarp.

I'll say right now that trying to look for random blue pokémon, then naming their associated pokémon most likely won't work.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Okay so I'm not entirely sure why but something makes me want to say Togedemaru .Meltan and Zeraora also seem like they could maybe fit. I've got the most justifictation for meltan so I'll try that first.

For I never got my glory

Meltan does get much glory, not even a home region as it's not from alola or kanto.
Meltan features in two pokemon games lets go pikavee(They're basically the same game) and pokemon go but it could not be free in either of those as go isn't a proper pokemon game and in pikavee it requires go to caught or evolved.

Meltan can blend into a crowd of other Meltan to form Melmetal.
Meltan can use the move Thunderbolt and thunder and lightning bolts come from storms.

Meltan is said to be from ancient times but excluding it's evolution it's the most recent pokemon to be discovered.

Got to admit @octoboy you've really got us stumped, this isn't my worst guess though so I'm hoping I'm at least on the right lines, if not then at least I bumped the thread so someone else can try.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
You're definitely on the right track, but meltan is not the answer.

Here are some more lines as a hint:

If I blend in, I'll call the victor's name
He won't like the sound, but he'll come just the same

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Has anyone guessed Wishiwashi? Because that's along the same lines with the blending and conforming stuff and even better the one it forms when conforming is blue. so the blue one that the trainer prefers refers to school form Wishiwashi and regular Wishiwashi does take the school from's place if it's hp is low. It's found too late either because it can use school form till level 20 or because it can't be found till route 7 and eve then it requires fishing. Individual Wishiwashi literally vanish into the blue when they form school form. I'm not sure about the victor's pride yet but I'm sure theres a way to make it fit with Wishiwashi. many of it's moves could be storm related such as rain dance , hail and pretty much all the water type ones if we think of a storm at sea. The new clue could refer to Wishiwashi's cry which it has two of one for 'the blue one' and one for an individual Wishiwashi, not may pokemon have two crys, even ones with form changes as to not liking the sound, idk neither of Wishiwashi's cries are particularly pleasant.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not wishiwashi. New hint after 2 more attempts.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I really thought I wasonto something with Wishiwashi :( . I'll make another atempt to help this thread not die but it's a great guess.

Magearna?

For I never got my glory

Magearna never really got that much attention from the fans or game freak

This again refers to it being neglected by game freak.
Thunderbolts (well lightning bolts if you want to be pedantic) happen during storm and Magearna can learn the move thunderbolt

Magearna is an empath and so would have alot to greive about.

Again Magearna is supposedly ancient but is a newer pokemon out of universe. And it was too late to be Kalosian pokemon despite fiting much better there than in Alola.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
You're a tad closer in some ways, but it isn't magearna.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So many times...

I’ve lost count on how many times we were wrong. It’s so much...

What the hell is it? Why must this be hard...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

We have spent month after month guessing which Pokemon is it and all we do is suffer!

*falls down*

...I’ll make you understand...OUR PAIN *tackles octoboy very hard to the ground*