• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Sweet.

Let's try something slightly simpler than my last riddle, shall we?

Though I may not appear to show emotion
My weak heart has often made me vulnerable
If you can beat me, then the next one you face
You will receive me, only smaller
And a lot less lively

Is it Ninjask? Its evolution, Shedinja is a lot smaller HP wise and is a lot less lively.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Is it Ninjask? Its evolution, Shedinja is a lot smaller HP wise and is a lot less lively.
But he said it doesn't refer to another Pokemon in its evolution line. At least, I think that's what he meant.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Makuhita?
Not very expressive, pretty low defenses for the moment, and when you beat brawly he gives you the knuckle badge, which is pretty much a makuhita's glove

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
But he said it doesn't refer to another Pokemon in its evolution line. At least, I think that's what he meant.
Yea I just re read that. Mis read it the first time around.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
None of those.

For the second line, you'll have to think outside the box a bit. The first one, though, is more literal.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This is a bit of a stretch but Cherrim?

Cherrim literally cannot show emotion behind those petals without sunlight. Due to this "weak heart", it's also at it's weakest, most vulnerable. However under sunlight, it becomes active and more alive but once defeated, it becomes it's original somewhat smaller form that acts more docile.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Idk Staryu?

Shows no emotion because it doesn't have a face. the heart line could be referring to the core because if the core is damaged (weakened) then Staryu can't regenerate its appendages

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Devilishly close. Try looking a bit more closely at the latter lines.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
As you said they were from different lines, I know this one is wrong, but I'll still say it just because it fits (though then again, you said other pokemon):
Deoxys:
His heart is exposed
Can barely emote
If you defeat it in ORAS the next time you face him you will find him just standing there, no flashy (lively) cutscenes or anything

shoz999

Is it Klang or pretty much anyone from the Klinklang line?

Though I may not appear to show emotion - Klang literally cannot show emotion through facial expressions
My weak heart has often made me vulnerable - But it can show emotions by spinning it's gears.
And a lot less lively

For the last three lines, Klang attacks by launching it's gears. If the gears doesn't return, Klang dies missing a gear.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Though I may not appear to show emotion
My weak heart has often made me vulnerable
And a lot less lively

Hmmm... maybe Minior? When its shields are up, it doesn’t look like it shows emotion... but when the shields are down, its core (or heart) as much lower defences, making it more vulnerable...?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
It isn't minior. I'll give a hint to make it easy for y'all after another guess or two.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Archen, then? The weak heart line could refer to Defeatist, and the ‘smaller and less lively’ part does make me think of a Fossil (as you would be receiving the Pokémon in a dead, and thus not lively form).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Eh, screw it, I'll just say kyurem (as you didn't deconfirm it), it doesn't emote much, its heart is weak and can be easily manipulated, and if you beat him and ghetsis, you can get him in his regular form in the postgame of bw2

octoboy

I Crush Everything
None of those, though you're probably on to something looking at your past guesses. Big pointer: Just because one pokémon isn't the right answer doesn't mean the entire line isn't. Pokémon change after they evolve, remember.

shoz999

Hey @octoboy Does the Pokemon's name by any chance rhyme with blink blang? I mean technically already mentioned this and another Pokemon but you never did confirm if it was right or wrong.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Starmie?

It has a core, like Staryu, and no face. It can sometimes hold a Star Piece, which is a star like its evolutionary line, but not alive...

Or the ‘me only smaller’ line refers to the Thunder Badge, which you get after defeating Lt. Surge, the Gym Leader after Misty (who has a Starmie), which looks a lot like a Starmie!