• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Haha, sorry. If it’s any consolation if it were me I’d probably award you the point anyway for pre-evos if the reasoning was close enough. :p Besides, you don’t know if I got it right anyway! (If I have, I can give you the riddle if you want?)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Starmie?

It has a core, like Staryu, and no face. It can sometimes hold a Star Piece, which is a star like its evolutionary line, but not alive...

Or the ‘me only smaller’ line refers to the Thunder Badge, which you get after defeating Lt. Surge, the Gym Leader after Misty (who has a Starmie), which looks a lot like a Starmie!
You are absolutely correct, Chibi! *passes Riddle Ball*

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Alright, glad to be back in the game!

Here we go:

I must admit, I’ve never been one for standing out.

It’s kind of hard when you blend into the crowd like this.

Me, out there, showing off all by myself?

Only in my dreams, I guess.

It’s enough to make even me feel blue.

Then again, it’s not like it’s weird for me to be pessimistic like this...

Still, maybe it’s not too bad.

Even if I’m sometimes in my partner’s shadow,

(But at least I avoided someone else’s, I think...)

I still have the guys running circles around me, at any rate!

Yeah, maybe I like being me.

Even if I blend in, I can still stand out!

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Wishiwashi?

It’s enough to make even me feel blue. - the school form is blue

It’s kind of hard when you blend into the crowd like this. - It literally blends into the crowd.

Me, out there, showing off all by myself? - Or it's in solo form

I don't think I'm right as there are things that make me doubt it but It's worth a shot.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
No, it’s not. Nice effort, though.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Okay what about Marill?

It’s enough to make even me feel blue. - it's blue

(But at least I avoided someone else’s, I think...) - isn't related to pikachu but if it were it would be in it's shadow

It’s kind of hard when you blend into the crowd like this. - there are a lot of pure water types which Marill used to be

Even if I blend in, I can still stand out! - but it's new(ish) fairy typing makes it stand out from other water types.

Still not sure about alot of the clue though so I'm probably way off

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Nah, still not it. Keep trying, though!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Is it Ditto?

I must admit, I’ve never been one for standing out.

It’s kind of hard when you blend into the crowd like this. (it can copy other Pokémon)

Me, out there, showing off all by myself?

Only in my dreams, I guess.

It’s enough to make even me feel blue.

Then again, it’s not like it’s weird for me to be pessimistic like this...

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
It’s not Ditto either, I’m afraid.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Mew? It's kinda in mewtwo's shadow, has a blue shiny form, many run around circles trying to get one, and can blend into the surrounding with transform or invisibility

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
No, not that either.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Wobuffet.

All the lines together pretty much describe Wobuffet who is thought to actually be the tail. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the circles line.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
No, it’s not Wobbuffet.

I’ll give a hint soon, I think.

Tangeh

This is probably a stretch but.. girafarig, written from the POV of its tail? xD

Reminds me of years ago when I wrote a riddle for girafarig, since the lines of the riddle can be read both forward and backwards with no issue, referencing girafarig’s palindrome name. Might just be a coincidence though.

The tail can’t separate from the main body, so only in its dreams could it be on its own. But the tail doesn’t sleep, so that’s a depressing conundrum, making it feel blue.

Being in its partners shadow references how it’s the literal dark half of girafarig, and the tail is violent so that’s why it’s pessimistic (and why it stands out). I was gonna say the racing around it thing references girafarig’s high speed stat but all of girafarig’s stats are pretty middling, lol

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
It’s not Girafarig.

The partner it refers to is another Pokémon entirely. Not part of itself.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Is it Eevee?

Perhaps the standing out part refers to it not being evolved and the avoiding part could refer to avoiding evolving into a different Eeveelution. The whole "guys running in circles around me" thing might also refer to its Z-move, Extreme Evoboost where its evolutions help it out too.

See octoboy Rodney isn't here!

EDIT: Like this riddle in a way, Eevee’s name is a palindrome too!

Last edited: