• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Nice try, but it’s not Eevee. You’re looking way too much into this palindrome thing, by the way.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Cresselia?

I must admit, I’ve never been one for standing out. - Cresselia doesn't stand out compared to some of Sinnoh's more famous legends.

Only in my dreams, I guess. - Cresselia is a dream related pokemon.

Even if I’m sometimes in my partner’s shadow, - Darkrai could be considered Cresselia's partner and it more popular than Cresselia as well as being quite a shadowy pokemon.

I still have the guys running circles around me, at any rate! - Cresselia features in one of th ranger games where you draw circles around wild pokemon.

Even if I blend in, I can still stand out! - It is uncommon for a legendary group (in this case the lunar duo) to be made up of both legendary and mythical pokemon, (the only other cases I can think of are Mew and Mewtwo and Keldeo and the swords of justice) this makes Cressilia stand out amongst the Sinnoh legends.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Not Cresselia, but a couple of your reasonings are really really good for this one. Keep with those trains of logic and you might get it...

(And thanks for reviving the thread again, too! Might have to give out more hints soon...)

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Since no-one else has, I'll take another shot.

Clefairy/ Clefable?

I must admit, I’ve never been one for standing out. - The Clefairy line is one of 3 different pink normal type lines introduced in gen 1
Even if I’m sometimes in my partner’s shadow, - Clefable is believed be a counterpart to Gengar, who is a shadowy pokemon and has sort of over shadowed Clefable, with Gengar receiving a mega and everything.
(But at least I avoided someone else’s, I think...) - Clefairy was intended to be the mascot before pikachu, but what if they were co-mascots, then poor Clefaity would be in pikachu's shadow even more and I think let's go clefairy would sell less units than let's go Eevee did (with more people buying pikachu rather than Clefairy)
I still have the guys running circles around me, at any rate! - Clefairies danced around in circle in one episode of the anime? and maybe in one of the games?
Even if I blend in, I can still stand out! - Of the 3 pink normal type lines mentioned earlier the Clefairy line is the only one that entirely lost it's normal typing

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Nice try, but it’s not Clefairy.

However, the first line does refer to there being multiple Pokémon similar to it. In what way, I won’t say, but you’re right there.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Getting this riddle on the latest page:
I must admit, I’ve never been one for standing out.
It’s kind of hard when you blend into the crowd like this.
Me, out there, showing off all by myself?
Only in my dreams, I guess.
It’s enough to make even me feel blue.
Then again, it’s not like it’s weird for me to be pessimistic like this...
Still, maybe it’s not too bad.
Even if I’m sometimes in my partner’s shadow,
(But at least I avoided someone else’s, I think...)
I still have the guys running circles around me, at any rate!
Yeah, maybe I like being me.
Even if I blend in, I can still stand out!

I'll give a shot in the dark and guess dratini. It likes to hide in the lakes, where its blue colour blends in, and it has one of the most common dex categories (dragon), but its dragon type actually makes it pretty special, and its dream world ability is Marvel Scale, so it's marvellous in dreams.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
It’s not Dratini, but you’re right to think that the Dream World plays into this somehow...

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Alright, glad to be back in the game!

Here we go:

It’s kind of hard when you blend into the crowd like this.

Only in my dreams, I guess.

It’s enough to make even me feel blue.

Then again, it’s not like it’s weird for me to be pessimistic like this...

Even if I’m sometimes in my partner’s shadow,

(But at least I avoided someone else’s, I think...)

I still have the guys running circles around me, at any rate!

Even if I blend in, I can still stand out!
Is it Minun?

The first 3 lines could be about it being a Pikaclone, of which there are many.

The dream stuff means it has a Dream World Ability (in this case, Volt Absorb)

Its color is blue.

Pessimistic could refer to its normal Ability, Minus (aka "The Negative Sign")

I think Plusle is slightly more popular, and avoiding someone else's means avoiding Pikachu's shadow, unlike Pichu.

And lastly, it gets Follow Me to have other Pokemon run circles around it.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
And TheWanderingMist gets it!

It’s kind of hard when you blend into the crowd like this. - Minun is a ‘Pikaclone’, and so isn’t really very unique considering there are so many Pokémon like it.

Only in my dreams, I guess. - Minun’s standard ability is Minus, which is only useful in Double or Triple battles when paired with a Pokémon with Plus or Minus. Its Dream World ability is Volt Absorb, however, which is useful in Single battles - i.e. when Minun is by itself !

It’s enough to make even me feel blue. - Minun is blue, obviously

Then again, it’s not like it’s weird for me to be pessimistic like this... - After all, Minun is based off of negative charges...

Even if I’m sometimes in my partner’s shadow, - Plusle has made more anime appearances than Minun...

(But at least I avoided someone else’s, I think...) - But while Plusle was in Colosseum (a game featuring Shadow Pokémon), Minun wasn’t

I still have the guys running circles around me, at any rate! - Minun is the partner of the male player character - in other words, those who play as guys - in the original Pokémon Ranger, where one draws circles around Pokémon as a game mechanic

Even if I blend in, I can still stand out! - Even if it’s not special among Pikaclones, the Pikaclones still get a lot of attention!

Congratulations, TheWanderingMist. It’s your turn now! Good luck!

TheWanderingMist

And TheWanderingMist gets it!

It’s kind of hard when you blend into the crowd like this. - Minun is a ‘Pikaclone’, and so isn’t really very unique considering there are so many Pokémon like it.

Only in my dreams, I guess. - Minun’s standard ability is Minus, which is only useful in Double or Triple battles when paired with a Pokémon with Plus or Minus. Its Dream World ability is Volt Absorb, however, which is useful in Single battles - i.e. when Minun is by itself !

It’s enough to make even me feel blue. - Minun is blue, obviously

Then again, it’s not like it’s weird for me to be pessimistic like this... - After all, Minun is based off of negative charges...

Even if I’m sometimes in my partner’s shadow, - Plusle has made more anime appearances than Minun...

(But at least I avoided someone else’s, I think...) - But while Plusle was in Colosseum (a game featuring Shadow Pokémon), Minun wasn’t

I still have the guys running circles around me, at any rate! - Minun is the partner of the male player character - in other words, those who play as guys - in the original Pokémon Ranger, where one draws circles around Pokémon as a game mechanic

Even if I blend in, I can still stand out! - Even if it’s not special among Pikaclones, the Pikaclones still get a lot of attention!

Congratulations, TheWanderingMist. It’s your turn now! Good luck!
Hooray! I couldn't decide between Minun and Pachirisu for the longest time. My riddle will be up in a day or two when I think of a good one.

TheWanderingMist

So, I entirely thought I had posted this and no one was trying because it was too difficult, but no, I just forgot to post it.

And, yes, I do realize it's ridiculous to use this as a riddle, but I actually thought the logic through immediately. Anyway, here it is, my riddle:

Close your eyes
Give me your hand
Do you feel my heart beating?
Do you understand?
Do you feel the same?
Or am I only dreaming?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

Lugia?

Close your eyes - Lugia has eyes
Give me your hand - Lugia's wings look like hands
Do you feel my heart beating? - This refers to Shadow Lugia having 'had the doors to it's heart shut'.
Do you understand? -
Lugia is a psychic type and so can (maybe) understand thoughts?
Do you feel the same? - and feelings?
Or am I only dreaming? - Lugia sleeps in a deep sea trench, dreams happen whilst asleep.

The song this is from also has this line...'Is this burning an eternal flame?' which could refer to Ho-oh a pokemon closely related to lugia or it could refer to the "eternal flame" from the The Power of Us which features Lugia.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Or is this burning, an eternal flame~

...Ahem. Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Anyway, I’m just going to try a different approach first off and go with Vulpix. It’s Pokédex entry says that it has a fire inside its body that never goes out, and is hence an ‘Eternal Flame’... which is the song you just quoted. :p

TheWanderingMist

Sorry to say, you're all wrong. I'll say who was closest after a couple more guesses, but it might not necessarily mean closest in the way you think.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I'm going to guess hoopa; it can be dark type, hence the "close your eyes" part, it can have quite a few hands, hence the hands part, its unbound version has a hole in its chest, so it would be a question as to whether it's got a heart you could feel (or maybe you could reach right in there and feel its heart? Now, that's a thought). The rest of the lines sound kind of trippy, and, as Kallus says, could evoke a psychic type.

And to cap it all off, the riddle is an excerpt from a song by the Bangles, and hoopa basically has a bunch of bangles all over its body. Plus, the eternal flame part that was left out could tie into hoopa's being a genie, genies apparently being made of fire.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So, I entirely thought I had posted this and no one was trying because it was too difficult, but no, I just forgot to post it.

And, yes, I do realize it's ridiculous to use this as a riddle, but I actually thought the logic through immediately. Anyway, here it is, my riddle:

Close your eyes
Give me your hand
Do you feel my heart beating?
Do you understand?
Do you feel the same?
Or am I only dreaming?
Is it Musharna or Komala? Komala lives it's entire life sleeping whereas Musharna can sense and create images from it's mist from the dreams it's eaten.

TheWanderingMist

It is not any of those.

As for the hint:

Unown is the closest.

It also shares a second kind of closeness with the Pokemon in shoz and octoboy's guesses, and agent kallus' primary guess.

EDIT: Ignore what I said about Vulpix, I was thinking of the wrong Pokemon at that time.

And I stopped before quoting the last lines of the chorus because flames are irrelevant.

Last edited:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Beldum?

It also shares a second kind of closeness with the Pokemon in shoz and octoboy's guesses, and agent kallus' primary guess.

Unown, Musharna, Hoopa and Lugia are all Psychic types so I'm guessing that that's the 'second kind of closeness'.

And looking a the psychic types Beldum seems to fit with some of the lines.

Close your eyes - Beldum only has one eye (like unown) so their needs to be more than one beldum around for them to close their eyes.
Give me your hand - Beldum only has one 'hand'
Do you feel my heart beating? - this is a question as Beldum doesn't have blood so does it have a heart as such?
Do you understand? - being not as organic as other pokemon beldum isn't a very well understood pokemon, maybe?
Do you feel the same? - despite being very machine-like Beldum has emotions
Or am I only dreaming? - Do robots dream of electric sheep? and do beldum dream of mareep?