• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Beldum?

Unown, Musharna, Hoopa and Lugia are all Psychic types so I'm guessing that that's the 'second kind of closeness'.

And looking a the psychic types Beldum seems to fit with some of the lines.

Close your eyes - Beldum only has one eye (like unown) so their needs to be more than one beldum around for them to close their eyes.
Give me your hand - Beldum only has one 'hand'
Do you feel my heart beating? - this is a question as Beldum doesn't have blood so does it have a heart as such?
Do you understand? - being not as organic as other pokemon beldum isn't a very well understood pokemon, maybe?
Do you feel the same? - despite being very machine-like Beldum has emotions
Or am I only dreaming? - Do robots dream of electric sheep? and do beldum dream of mareep?
Correct on typing, wrong on Pokemon.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Abra? It has closed eyes and hands, and it has synchronize as an ability, so others would feel the same as it, but it doesn't have that in the dream world.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Is it Jirachi? It's the wishmaker Pokemon so it's able to grant wishes but it also sleeps for an extremely long time. Not only that but one does not simply ask Jirachi for a wish, it has to open it's "true" eye to grant a wish, either force it open or have Jirachi accept the trainer's feelings.

Tangeh

Gardevoir? Has lots of dex entries about empathizing with or reading the thoughts of its trainer, plus its abilities line up with the song.

Do you feel my heart beating? - trace
Do you understand? - telepathy
Do you feel the same? - synchronize

TheWanderingMist

You're all wrong, but Tangeh hit something important with one of those Abilities.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Okay....

Oranguru

Close your eyes
Give me your hand
- Both of these lines are instructions and only oranguru can learn the move instruct. (Also it has both eyes and hands...)
Do you feel my heart beating? - Oranguru is known to help injured pokemon showing 'it has a heart'.
Do you understand? - The telepathy ability as suggested by Tangeh
Do you feel the same? - Passimian is paired with Oranguru in the alola dex but they are aren't that similar. (or that Oranguru is known to use pokeballs and command other pokemon, the same as trainers.)
Or am I only dreaming - one way in which Passimian and Ornaguru are connected is that the pair were distrubuted together in the their hidden ability form from pokemon bank, and hidden abilities are connected to the dream world? (and Oranguru can learn Dream Eater)

I 'm reaching a bit too much with some of these lines but I though it was worth a shot.

Edit: oh and it's a psychic type

Last edited:

Tangeh

Maybe beheeyem? Has some of the same abilities I mentioned before, with same logic, plus analytic, which goes along with “do you understand!”

TheWanderingMist

Both wrong.

Lines 2-4 are actually just one hint, not individual hints, and the first line is taken care of by you guys figuring out it was a Psychic type.

And notice I said "one" of the Abilities rather than "some".

I could stretch logic to fit the last two lines of the chorus which are about fire, but it would definitely make you guys mad, so just ignore them.

shoz999

This is probably wrong but is there any chance this Pokemon is Espeon? It evolves through friendship, is very loyal to it's trainer if it find's it worthy and has precognitive powers. To be honest, this was actually going to be my first guess because the riddle of yours reminds me of Red's Espeon from Adventures who has a pretty dark backstory.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Is it Medicham? It can have Telepathy and learn moves that involve hands including Fire Punch that could fit the omitted two lines. It can also learn Dream Eater.

TheWanderingMist

This is probably wrong but is there any chance this Pokemon is Espeon? It evolves through friendship, is very loyal to it's trainer if it find's it worthy and has precognitive powers. To be honest, this was actually going to be my first guess because the riddle of yours reminds me of Red's Espeon from Adventures who has a pretty dark backstory.
Espeon is correct!

Close your eyes - Psychic type is represented by a purple eye in the TCG, and it's said when you close your normal eyes, your third eye opens.

Give me your hand
Do you feel my hear beating?
Do you understand? -
Espeon evolves through friendship.

Do you feel the same? - It has Synchronize as its main Ability

Or am I only dreaming? - It has a Dream World Ability, Magic Bounce, which bounces back all status-inflicting moves, meaning Espeon won't feel the same.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lines that I came up with a justification for after posting the riddle:

Is this burning an eternal flame? - Espeon is the Sun Pokemon.

As for Unown being the closest, it was the right region, right type, and literally closest, as it's #201 while Espeon is #196.

My deleted hint about Vulpix was about it being similar to Eevee (both from Kanto, both somewhat based on foxes, both can evolve with a Fire Stone), Espeon's pre-evolution, but that would have thrown people further off.

@shoz999 It's your turn!

shoz999

This is probably too obvious but here's my riddle.

I wish my legs were stronger.
My skin is honestly too thin.
But the doc is proud of my power!
And I'm proud of my power!
I'll brave through the storms!
Withstand against the most powerful move this Stadium offers.
And one day no mind shall escape my sight!
Everything will be okay. Because I am here!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Poliwrath?

It’s not a Politoed and therefore isn’t a frog that can jump, so its legs are too thin. The swirl on its stomach are visible internal organs, because it has thin skin. It also learns Mind Reader. It’s also a very powerful swimmer, so could swim through storms...

shoz999

Poliwrath?

It’s not a Politoed and therefore isn’t a frog that can jump, so its legs are too thin. The swirl on its stomach are visible internal organs, because it has thin skin. It also learns Mind Reader. It’s also a very powerful swimmer, so could swim through storms...
Ho ho ho... your onto something but no dice.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Is it poliwag then? Poliwag barely has legs, has thin, transparent skin, and the line says "shall", not "can", implying that it isn't poliwrath, but maybe could be in the future. Plus, poliwrath can swim through stormy seas.

shoz999

Is it poliwag then? Poliwag barely has legs, has thin, transparent skin, and the line says "shall", not "can", implying that it isn't poliwrath, but maybe could be in the future. Plus, poliwrath can swim through stormy seas.
You got it right. There are actually a number of hints that says this is not Poliwrath.

I wish my legs were stronger. - Poliwag has weak legs but makes up for it with it's strong swimming skills. This is made much more clearer in it's Pokedex entry than it is for Poliwrath.

My skin is honestly too thin. - Poliwag has thin visible skin where you can see it's intestines.

But the doc is proud of my power! - Doc is a reference to "Dr. Bug" which is the nickname of Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon, whose favorite Pokemon of the Kanto region is Poliwag. This is another clue that hints that this is not Poliwrath.

And I'm proud of my power! - This is a reference to one of Red's Pokemon of the Pokemon Adventures manga, Poliwrath who at one time was a Poliwag. His characteristic is that "it's proud of it's power."

I'll brave through the storms! - There are actually two clues here. For Pokemon Adventure fans, this is a subtle hint to the fact that Red's Poliwag and later Poliwrath has a Brave Nature. To video game fans, this is a subtle hint that Poliwag has the ability Swift Swim.

Withstand against the most powerful move this Stadium offers.
- This is a reference to Pokemon Stadium's description of the move, Explosion, where it's described as "The most powerful attack of all." which holds true at the time of Gen 1 and Gen 2. Unfortunately the "most powerful move this Stadium offers" is no match for Poliwag's Damp ability.

And one day no mind shall escape my sight! - This is another clue where it hints that this isn't Poliwrath as it's talking about the future. For those not aware, Poliwrath has access to the move "Mind Reader" but not Poliwag or Poliwhirl.

Everything will be okay. Because I am here! - A continuation of the last line, this could be perceived as still talking about Poliwrath in the future. For those not aware, this is a quote from the anime, My Hero Academia, which references Poliwrath's superhero-like nature from the Pokemon Adventures manga, saving Red from almost certain danger not once, not twice but three times.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Noice. So, that makes it my turn. How about after puzzling everyone so much with my last one, I try something nice and simple this time?

If you see in three dimensions
You’ll see only good intentions

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Is it Giratina? Palkia dictates the dimension of space. Dialga controls the time dimension. That leaves Giratina who lives in an alternate dimension opposite of ours where time and space don’t exist. In Platinum Giratina abducts Cyrus after he opens a portal between dimensions and it seems like it did it for evil reasons but in reality it was to restore balance in the world. Giratina is associated with balancing dimensions.