• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Nope.

Cat's Eye Draco

Is it Sunflora? It's said to always be looking in the direction of the sun, so it's always "looking on the bright side", which is something that someone who only sees good intentions would do. (I have no idea how the 3-D part would apply to it, though.)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Probably on the right track, but still not the answer.

I'll remind you that Chibi Muffin was onto something when she guessed marowak.

If you see in three dimensions
You’ll see only good intentions

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
This is probably going to seem random, but...

Ledian.

In the Pokéstar Studios time travelling films, Ledian is the villain, enslaving humans. But in the ‘real’, 3D world, it’s just another harmless bug Pokémon.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Interesting thought, but no.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Cosmog? It’s evolutions are said to help basically be a sun and moon respectively (for good intention part!) and well...Lusamine tried killing poor Nebby to open an ultra wormhole in SM/USUM with a device.

In regards to Ultra Wormholes, they’re also dimensional stuff to other worlds!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
No. Remember that the intentions of the subject itself aren't actually referred to.

Cat's Eye Draco

Litwick? It pretends to guide people with its light, but is actually sucking away their life energy and leading them to the Ghost World.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Colder? Are you hinting at an ice type? Like say Glaceon?

No, I’m pretty sure you’re just being metaphorical, the hotter the guess the closer it is to correct.

Wait so does that mean that answer is a high temperature pokemon? Like perhaps Slugma?

No that isn’t what’s going on is it.

How about Gengar?

It’s the shadow Pokémon and shadows are 2 dimensional and Gengar’s intentions aren’t typically good. So in 3 dimensions you’d see good intentions because gengar is sort of 2d.

Here's a big hint: try to think of figures of speech that mean seeing only good intentions.

Looking on the bright side of life? Shadows by definition are not bright and gengar as a ghost is dead so it’s less than good intentions are the opposite of looking on the bright side of life.

Also you said Marowak was one of the closer guesses and the marowak involved in the gen 1 storyline is a ghost just like good old gengar, that and the slips scope thing.

In addition to that haunter evolves into Gengar by trading and if you are wanting to trade, trade back you have to trust in the good intentions of your trade partner.

I hadn’t noticed the figure of speech clue earlier so if it isn’t gengar I might have a few other ideas.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Colder? Are you hinting at an ice type? Like say Glaceon?

No, I’m pretty sure you’re just being metaphorical, the hotter the guess the closer it is to correct.

Wait so does that mean that answer is a high temperature pokemon? Like perhaps Slugma?

No that isn’t what’s going on is it.

How about Gengar?

It’s the shadow Pokémon and shadows are 2 dimensional and Gengar’s intentions aren’t typically good. So in 3 dimensions you’d see good intentions because gengar is sort of 2d.

Here's a big hint: try to think of figures of speech that mean seeing only good intentions.

Looking on the bright side of life? Shadows by definition are not bright and gengar as a ghost is dead so it’s less than good intentions are the opposite of looking on the bright side of life.

Also you said Marowak was one of the closer guesses and the marowak involved in the gen 1 storyline is a ghost just like good old gengar, that and the slips scope thing.

In addition to that haunter evolves into Gengar by trading and if you are wanting to trade, trade back you have to trust in the good intentions of your trade partner.

I hadn’t noticed the figure of speech clue earlier so if it isn’t gengar I might have a few other ideas.
lol. I've already used that answer early on. I guess someone should make a list of all the Pokemon people answered. It's been a long while hasn't it?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Shoz is correct; gengar has in fact already been deconfirmed, so you might want to break out some of your other answers.

Deconfirmed pokémon:
Ninetales
Persian
Gengar
Marowak
Porygon
Mewtwo
Mew
Ledian
Togepi
Xatu
Sunflora
Unown
Mantine
Porygon 2
Claydol
Kecleon
Absol
Lucario
Porygon-Z
Dusknoir
Rotom
Uxie
Giratina
Woobat
Litwick
Landorus
Kyurem
Zygarde
Cosmog

New hint after 2.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Oh ... Whoops....

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Marshadow?

Marshadow dwells in shadow which are two dimesional, in the Ho-oh movie Marshadow was the guide for the rainbow hero, who is pure of heart and thusly has good intentions?

try to think of figures of speech that mean seeing only good intentions.

- Looking on the bright side of life : Like gengar Marshadow is a shadowy pokemon and shadows aren't bight and Marshaodw is also a ghost, however Marshadow has better intentions than gengar.

-Looking at the world through rose coloured glasses : This saying doesn't really link to marshadow as far as I can see but it's eyes are a reddish rose colour. If this saying is the one you're referencing than their are a few other pokemon that it could be potentially referencing.

- The road to hell is paved with good intentions : This references Marshadow's two types. ghost is the road to hell as hell is for dead people and ghosts are dead (not all ghost types are but still) and good intentions represents the fight type as it is as the honourable opposite to the dark type.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not marshadow. Remember that the intentions of the subject aren't involved in this riddle.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Alright, here’s another odd one.

Groudon. Because Maxie, who wears glasses (kind of like 3D glasses?), had good intentions while releasing it - but all of the other people, who don’t have glasses, could recognise it was dangerous?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Neither of those, but you're getting much closer.

I'll say now that Agent Kallus has correctly identified the idiom alluded to in the second line.

Cat's Eye Draco

Yveltal? In Pokemon Y, Team Flare (who wear red sunglasses as part of their uniform) want to create a more beautiful world, but they plan to do so by using Yveltal to power the ultimate weapon and destroy all life.