• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
It isn't yveltal.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Um, just to revive the thread...

I’m guessing that ‘you will only see good intentions’ actually refers to Hell, as one of the phrases AgentKallus referred to is ‘the road to hell is paved with good intentions’. So, Houndoom, because it’s a devil-like hellhound.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not houndoom. That idiom isn't the one referenced here.

If you see in three dimensions
You’ll see only good intentions

Deconfirmed pokémon:
Ninetales
Persian
Gengar
Marowak
Porygon
Mewtwo
Mew
Ledian
Togepi
Xatu
Sunflora
Unown
Mantine
Houndoom
Porygon 2
Claydol
Kecleon
Absol
Groudon
Lucario
Porygon-Z
Dusknoir
Rotom
Uxie
Giratina
Woobat
Litwick
Landorus
Kyurem
Yveltal
Zygarde
Cosmog
Marshadow

Cat's Eye Draco

Xerneas? Same reasoning as Yveltal, except instead of planning to create a perfect world by destroying all life, Team Flare is trying to use Xerneas to make everyone immortal.

Cat's Eye Draco

Is it Haunter? You need the Silph Scope to see them in Lavender Tower, and some Pokedex entries state that they often beckon people to approach them in order to steal their lives away.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Flygon?

It has those red bubble things around its eyes, which would mean that it permanently looks at the world through rose tinted glasses, which was one of the sayings Kallus referred to.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Neither of those. Chibi Muffin has correctly identified which idiom is referred to.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Nope.

The subject's eyes aren't referred to here, so don't try to think of pokémon with unusual eyes. No specific character's eyes are mentioned here either, so don't try to think of specific characters with unusual optic features either. Just try to think of what allows seeing in three dimensions in general (not in Pokémon itself in particular) and how it relates to the idiom.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
The subject's eyes aren't referred to here, so don't try to think of pokémon with unusual eyes. No specific character's eyes are mentioned here either, so don't try to think of specific characters with unusual optic features either. Just try to think of what allows seeing in three dimensions in general (not in Pokémon itself in particular) and how it relates to the idiom.

Is it Roserade?

3d glasses allow 2d things to seen as if they were 3d (sorta) but only one of the two lenses is anywhere rose coloured ( well blue roses exist but that's not what rose coloured glasses are). Roserade is based on roses, has one bouquet hand red and the other blue like the lenses of 3d glasses and it wears a domino mask which covers the same area of your face that glasses would.

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Ding ding, we have a winner!

This one turned out more difficult than I thought it would. Guess I just can't not be mystifying.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Is it Roserade?

3d glasses allow 2d things to seen as if they were 3d (sorta) but only one of the two lenses is anywhere rose coloured ( well blue roses exist but that's not what rose coloured glasses are). Roserade is based on roses, has one bouquet hand red and the other blue like the lenses of 3d glasses and it wears a domino mask which covers the same area of your face that glasses would.

Ding ding, we have a winner!

This one turned out more difficult than I thought it would. Guess I just can't not be mystifying.
hatching-chick.png

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Ha ha, nice.

Right here's my riddle.

Light a candle in my name
There are those who say it's such a shame
I was cooler in my youth
I was smaller in my youth
I was the healthiest
I was like the number 1
I might be better off going somewhere new
Saying so long to where I'm from
But the reason for the shame is the reason I belong

Cat's Eye Draco

Is it Purugly?

Light a candle in my name
There are those who say it's such a shame
I was cooler in my youth
I was smaller in my youth

Many people were disappointed to learn that Purugly is the evolved form of Glameow, which has a slenderer, more elegant appearance.

I was the healthiest

Possibly a reference to the ability Limber, which Glameow can have but Purugly cannot.

I was like the number 1

Not sure about this one. Both cats and the #1 are considered to be lucky in some cultures?

I might be better off going somewhere new
Saying so long to where I'm from
But the reason for the shame is the reason I belong

Many people dislike Purugly because it's not as glamorous as its pre-evolution, but its added bulk gives it the ability Thick Fat and, according to its dex entries, helps it to intimidate other Pokemon and claim their nests for its own.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Thanks for breaking the ice on this riddle, that was a good and well justified guess, however I am afraid that Purugly is not the pokemon the riddle refers to.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I'll hazard a guess at flareon. It's a fire type whose unevolved form isn't one, thus "cooler in my youth", also tying in to the mention of candles. Eevee is the starter of Let's Go Eevee, and the rival's starter in Yellow, so that could be what "#1" refers to. Also, people say it's a shame flareon got stuck as flareon, the least popular eeveelution.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Another interesting justified guess but also wrong I'm afraid.