1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Riddle revival!

Discussion in 'Games' started by octoboy, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Arceus? It has a lot to do with threes and sixes...

2. octoboy

octoboy I Crush Everything

Not arceus.

Moving the riddle to this page:

The ancient thing that shall stay dead
    Unlike the thing who clings to bed
    Can swiftly end the lives of three
    But can’t end one so easily
    And cannot bring to life the sixth
    To find the two above’s the trick
    So take the holder of the one
    Think of his end to start the fun
    For that, you see, ‘s when I sit down
    The sixth’s end’s me, I share this crown

3. AgentKallus

AgentKallus A human person.

Solgaleo?

- Whilst not dead Necrozama stays in a weakened state in S/M
    Unlike the thing who clings to bed- Lunala is the moon emissary and thus assicoated with night time, when is when beds are used.
    Can swiftly end the lives of three - Lunala has a type advantage over poison, fighting and psychic types
    But can’t end one so easily - Lunala is weak to ghost type attacks despite one of its types being super effecitivwe against ghost.
    And cannot bring to life the sixth - i gues stht aline six refers to Dawn Wings Necrozma, which lunala can't bring to life as it is Necrozama possessing Lunala not the other way around.
    To find the two above’s the trick - Lunala and Necrozama's trick is to fuse into Dawn Wings Necrozma.
    So take the holder of the one - I guessed that the one in line 4 was the ghost type, so a holder of the one would be a ghost type.
    Think of his end to start the fun - the end of a ghost type could be another ghost type as that is one of their weaknesses.
    The sixth’s end’s me, - I guessed that Dawn Wings Necrozma was the sixth and it's ghost typing is super effective against Solgaleo
    I share this crown - Solgaleo shares the crown with Lunala as they are both Alola box legends.

Cat's Eye Draco likes this.
  4. octoboy

Well thought out, but it isn't solgaleo.

5. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

That’s it! octoboy is a spy on Gamefreak and the answer is a Gen 8 Pokemon, that being Dracovish!

It shall stay dead because it looks like it’s suffering and will die if not in water! Can end things though! Finding two is two fossil pieces to make fossil chimera!

keepitsimple likes this.
  6. octoboy

Ha ha ha, no.

I'll give a hint after a non-joke answer is given.

7. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Still have no idea, but we need that hint, so... Zekrom?

Unlike the thing who clings to bed

In your final battle with N in BW he uses Carracosta and Archeops, ancient Pokemon that have to be revived from fossils, which are usually found buried in the ground. You can only obtain one of them initially, and whichever you don't choose remains "dead".

Can swiftly end the lives of three

Carracosta's typings give it an advantage over Reshiram, Archeops, and Vanilluxe, all Pokemon used by N in Pokemon White.

But can’t end one so easily
    And cannot bring to life the sixth

Yeah, I got nothing for these two.

To find the two above’s the trick
    So take the holder of the one

N.

Think of his end to start the fun

You are required to use Zekrom to defeat him.

The sixth’s end’s me, I share this crown

Zekrom and Reshiram are both box legendaries, were once owned by the Heroes of Unova, and N is the King of Team Plasma and current Champion of Unova when you defeat him with Zekrom.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  8. octoboy

Not zekrom.

I'll give you a two for one: "end the lives of" in this case is literal; it does not mean "cause to faint", it actually means "end the lives of". Also, "his end" doesn't mean "his bane". Essentially, type advantages or other advantages in battle don't factor into this riddle at all.

Also, you're on the right track thinking of fossils regarding the earlier parts of the riddle, though you might want to think a little more outside the box than usual. The second line is the easiest one to figure out in the riddle, I'd say, so it might be the best start.

9. fango pango

fango pango You're My Man Of War

We talkin fossils that are outside the box? Bam Relicanth. Shares a lot of properties with other fossil Pokemon (and is considered a living fossil), but isn't specified as one because...you don't get it from a fossil? So if this is the correct thought process, the obvious thing would be something to do with the Regis, right?

Just something to maybe veer us to the right direction. There's probably other fossil pokemon that are outside the box too, but it's the one I came up with immediately.

10. octoboy

Well thought out, but no, relicanth is not involved in this riddle.

I'll point out that relicanth, not having been fossilized, was technically never dead.

11. matthew11

matthew11 8000 MMR

Since we're talking about fossils, I'm gonna throw in Genesect. T'was revived by Plasma from a fossil before modifications. Too lazy to analyze the other lines though.

12. octoboy

Genesect is neither the answer, nor alluded to at all in this riddle.