• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Absol, then? It's another carnivore-like pokémon that lives on Mt. Silver. And maybe it would like the snow because it's white, and blends in with it. It's between that and ursaring, and ursaring, as the hibernation pokémon, wouldn't revel in the cold.

(If it's ursaring, I swear...)
Nope, not Absol. Nor is it Ursaring. I didn't like that Pokémon BEFORE it became associated with a certain rival. Sneasel is closer than both of those.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Misdreavus?

Only catch-able in mt.silver in the original Johto games. Some people might associate Slowking with Conway thought I more associate it with the second movie. I don't know about it being a hunter but as you're clearly a fan of misdreavus I think it's worth a shot.

TheWanderingMist

Misdreavus?

Only catch-able in mt.silver in the original Johto games. Some people might associate Slowking with Conway thought I more associate it with the second movie. I don't know about it being a hunter but as you're clearly a fan of misdreavus I think it's worth a shot.
I've already done Misdreavus, so it's not that. But it is as close as Sneasel is.

And you're all taking Mt. Fuji too literally.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Lapras, maybe? Turtles hunt fish, I guess, and lapras is the one other ice type you can see on Mt. Silver (trained by Red)... I'm guessing this is an ice type, as those would like where it's cold, and sneasel ice type, while absol and ursaring are not.

Taking the riddle to this page:

A simple hunter
Reveling in cool decor
It's snowing on Mt. Fuji

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Froslass?

They live on icy mountains but aren't catch-able on mount silver thereby taking Mt. Fuji less literally. It has something in common with both Sneasel and Misdreavus being an ice, ghost type. It hunts men for their souls and to use their frozen corpses as decoration, which it revels in because it's spooky. Conway also had a Dusknoir so that seems to fit as well.

TheWanderingMist

Froslass?

They live on icy mountains but aren't catch-able on mount silver thereby taking Mt. Fuji less literally. It has something in common with both Sneasel and Misdreavus being an ice, ghost type. It hunts men for their souls and to use their frozen corpses as decoration, which it revels in because it's spooky. Conway also had a Dusknoir so that seems to fit as well.
Good job. It's Froslass.
Lives on mountains, hunts down prey and uses it to decorate its lair, and an Ice type.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Ha Awesome.

Right here is mine

Hear it's echoes throughout the land
All of its order can adapt
It who stole it's place in the sun
It misses one less than it's root
Find it's spawn in the field or garden before Alola.
Who's that pokémon?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Vaporeon? The second line reminds me of eeveelutions, the first line possibly referring to how eevee's line is spread across generations, and the fourth line makes me think of how eevee has 2 ears, while vaporeon has 3 fins. Eevee can be found in Menhir trail in gen 6, a field-like area. Not sure about the theft part though, but gen 1 does have a lot of water types for it to overshadow.

TheWanderingMist

Ha Awesome.

Right here is mine

Who's that pokémon?
Is it Lucario/Mega Lucario?

Line 1: It can learn Roar, but it's also a fan-favorite, so they would be constantly talking about it.

Line 2: Mega Lucario gets Adaptability.

Line 3: It overshadows a lot of Pokémon, deservedly or otherwise.

Line 4: Unlike Riolu, it has a second typing in Steel.

Line 5&6: Two possibilities:

Possibility 1: It refers to Egg Groups, specifically, the Field and Human-like Egg Groups. Field is obvious, but Human-like would come from a "Garden of Eden" reference.

Possibility 2: It's talking of game locations, in which case, it can be found in places like Rugged Mountain (out in the field), Flocessy Ranch (a farmer's field), and both the Safari Zone and Friend Safari (zoological gardens).

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Both Lucario and Vaporeon are good, logically supported guesses, unfortunately both are also incorrect.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Ninetales, possibly? Its entire line has Alolan forms, thus are capable of "adapting", and before it got the drought ability, drought was exclusive to groudon. Vulpix has one less trio of tails than ninetales, and I guess that last part might refer to how vulpix's fire-type form lives in grassy routes and forests, while its Alolan form lives in the mountains or in villages instead. Not sure about the first line though. Maybe something to do with how it's well known in legend?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
No, I am afraid not. But some of you're reasoning matches up as you'll see once someone's said the correct guess. If you want another clue just ask.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I'll guess sandslash then, as much like ninetales, it only lives in the mountains in Alola, and it belongs to a line that has Alolan forms for each stage. Only sandslash has spikes, and it can be said to have "stolen" the mouse category from pikachu.

Perhaps it would be nice to get a hint for further clarification.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Wrong again I'm afraid.

When I say that 'All of its order can adapt' I don't mean all Pokemon, I mean all evolutionary lines, and line 5 is about where it's catch-able.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Dodrio? Doduo lives in the Safari Zone in Hoenn, and the flower gardens in Versant Road in Kalos, while in Alola, it's found in the Poké Bank instead. Dodrio has one more head than doduo, and it can be said to have either stolen the role as best normal/flying type in Gen 1 from pidgeot, or stolen porygon's signature move of Tri Attack. I have no clue about the adaptation part or the echo part (maybe because it runs around, and runs across the land a lot?), but I'm mostly just trying to keep this thread from dying.

Am I right in assuming that besides line 5, I interpreted every line incorrectly? Or is line 5 just the only one you're willing to affirm at this point? I'm not so sure how many other ways the terms "adapt" or "misses one less than its root" can be read :/

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
It's not Dodrio.

Am I right in assuming that besides line 5, I interpreted every line incorrectly?

No, not really. Some guesses are closer than others so calling something incorrect even if it's close would probably be unhelpful.

I also don't want this thread to die so here's a few clues.I'd say the closest guess so far was Vaporeon.

Line 1: An echo is a copy of the sound it's echoing.
Line 2: This about it's category rather than the individual pokemon.
Line 3: a straight forward way of saying this would be that it took the place in spotlight away from another pokemon.
Line 4: I think I made this one too cryptic so its probably best ignored.
Line 5: Where you can catch it's prevolution before the gen 7 games came out.

The Walrein

Ha Awesome.

Right here is mine

Who's that pokémon?

I'm going to guess... Pikachu?

Hear it's echoes throughout the land: Refers to all the pika-clones (Plusle and Minun, Pachirisu, Togedemaru, Dedenne).

All of its order can adapt: There are loads of variations of Pikachu and Pichu, and also the alolan variant of Raichu. Pikachu has also appeared in a huge number of side-games doing lots of different things such as being a detective, which seems to indicate a high degree of adaptability.

It who stole it's place in the sun: Clefairy was originally intended to be the main mascot of Pokemon, but was replaced by Pikachu.

It misses one less than it's root: Pikachu is in every generation (missing zero), Pichu is in six generations (missing one).

Find its spawn in the field or garden before Alola: The only way to find Pichu in the wild before Gen 7 was in the Trophy Garden in Gen IV, or the 'Field' area of Pal Park in Gen IV.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I'm going to guess... Pikachu?

Hear it's echoes throughout the land: Refers to all the pika-clones (Plusle and Minun, Pachirisu, Togedemaru, Dedenne).

All of its order can adapt: There are loads of variations of Pikachu and Pichu, and also the alolan variant of Raichu. Pikachu has also appeared in a huge number of side-games doing lots of different things such as being a detective, which seems to indicate a high degree of adaptability.

It who stole it's place in the sun: Clefairy was originally intended to be the main mascot of Pokemon, but was replaced by Pikachu.

It misses one less than it's root: Pikachu is in every generation (missing zero), Pichu is in six generations (missing one).

Find its spawn in the field or garden before Alola: The only way to find Pichu in the wild before Gen 7 was in the Trophy Garden in Gen IV, or the 'Field' area of Pal Park in Gen IV.

I'm afraid that you're.... absolutely correct :p

I'll explain the reasoning behind each line

Line 1: as @The Walrein said, spot on.
Line 2: All evolutionary lines with the category 'the mouse' pokemon have an Alolan form by their final stage.
Line 3: guessed correctly above
Line 4: I said this one was convoluted but here goes; Pikachu's national dex number is 25, the square root of 25 is 5, out of all the main series games there are only 4 where pikachu isn't catch-able being black ,white, black 2 and white 2.
Line 5: guessed correctly above

Anyway good job @The Walrein , now it's your turn to post a poke-riddle.

The Walrein

Great! Here's mine:

I've only twelve, most have more;
My path is fixed, so says the lore.
One of my trio, can work a wonder
I'll dodge the hail, but fear the thunder.

One of these lines has a double meaning, bonus points if you can get both interpretations!

Last edited:

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Sounds like moltres to me. It resists ice, unlike zapdos, but has a disadvantage against zapdos itself due to its electricity weakness, and having no offensive advantage against zapdos (unlike articuno, which can threaten zapdos with ice attacks). It can only learn 12 fire type moves, and it's said in the Crystal pokédex to "migrate from the south along with the spring". And, of course, it's part of a famous legendary trio.

Maybe this is a trap I've walked right into, but ehh, worth a shot.