• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This is definitely 99.9% not right, fruit woman but I will throw in my beans for this: Cosmoem!

It's like ancient and stuff and it's been there for a while in its cocoon, emotionless and just stares there! Also it hangs out in the stars. Like planets.

the colors refer may refer to Solgaleo and Lunala (blue is a stretch I know and I get you said to not focus on that but still =p)

You also choose its fate in terms of evolution. Do I evolve it to Solgaleo or do I wait to see if Lunala is here?

Seriously though what Pokemon, when changing form/evolving, is going to hurt you? I guess Mimikyu or Haunter but nah. And Eevee was in my mine but nah

Tangeh

It's not cosmoem.

I'll repost the riddle for the new page:

These older years I've stayed the same
In place and mind I have not changed
Yet my looks change from night to night
Be it purple, blue, orange, or white
Circular, square, or any shape
It's up to you - you choose my fate
A word of warning before you do -
What you do to me, I'll do to you

As a hint, I'll add that lines 3 through 6 are referring to pokedex entries, not game mechanics.

The Walrein

Okay, I'm going to say... Musharna!

These older years I've stayed the same - Not sure about this, but the Pokemon hasn't had any major changes recently.
In place and mind I have not changed - Musharna can only be caught directly from the wild in one place, the Dreamyard.
Yet my looks change from night to night - Refers to how Musharna's dream smoke can change appearance when it eats dreams at night.
Be it purple, blue, orange or white - Refs the Black2/White2 entry, "The dream mist coming from its forehead changes into many different colors depending on the dream that was eaten."
Circular, square, or any shape - Refs the White entry, "With the mist from its forehead, it can create shapes of things from dreams it has eaten."
It's up to you - you choose my fate - Musharna doesn't have direct control over the shapes and colors of their Dream Mist, rather it's based on the nature of the dreams they've consumed.
A word of warning before you do - What you do to me, I'll do to you - Could be a reference to Musharna's Synchronize ability, which inflicts major status conditions on the same Pokemon who inflicted them on Musharna.

Tangeh

Musharna is correct!

These older years I've stayed the same - Older years meaning musharna, not munna
In place and mind I have not changed - For "place", Musharna is only found in the wild in the Dreamyard. No new locations were ever added for it. For "mind", Musharna cannot learn any moves via level up after evolving.
Yet my looks change from night to night - Walrein noted this line and the subsequent three lines correctly. They are all referencing pokedex entries about the mist from its forehead changing shapes and colours after eating dreams.
Be it purple, blue, orange, or white
Circular, square, or any shape
It's up to you - you choose my fate
A word of warning before you do -Referencing the "forewarn" ability
What you do to me, I'll do to you - Referencing the "synchronize" ability

@The Walrein can go next!

The Walrein

Okay, cool! Here's mine:

A guardian I was, in times past.
And I warn you this: I'll be fast,
if you should dare, to use a blade.
Try to deal, with club or spade,
I have 'em not; your deal is half.
Attack with shadow? I'll just laugh.
An ancient ruler, you may see,
or a faraway light, I can be.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess diancie.

Legendaries usually are guardians of some sort, and "use a blade" might refer to its weakness to steel (which is another word for swords). The line saying it doesn't have club or spade makes me think that it does have a different suite, and it's pretty obvious diancie has diamonds. It also has a resistance to dark attacks, explaining how it laughs at attacks with shadows, and the ancient ruler part might refer to its being referred to as the "Princess of the Diamond Domain". The part about the faraway light could refer to its being very shiny, I guess?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m guessing Aegislash and here’s why:

Aegislash is stated in the Dex to have been protectors of kings in the past.

Aegislash is a speedy Pokémon that changes Stances instantly.

Aegislash is a sword

Aegislash carries a shield that can protect it from damage when King’s Shield is used and this mentions clubs and spades as weapons

King’s Shield lowers Attack when contact is made

Aegislash is a Ghost Type

Refers to the Dex Entry about protecting kings again

The Walrein

That's some good logic, and you got the logic behind one of the clues completely correct, but it's not Aegislash.

...and, I just realized that most of my clues only make sense when you're staring right at this Pokemon's Bulbapedia page! Oops. Well, here's a hint: not every blade is a weapon.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'll go with Furfrou even though the last line more or less makes this explanation void~

It was said to guard kings in the past. Like King Frank the 69th.

It can be fast as said in its X/OR dex entries

You can use scissors which have blades to cut its hair. Don't use a club, man

Its ability lowers the physical move's attacks and laughs at Benson the Shadow. Or shadows like ghosts

You got me on the last clues =(

The Walrein

Yup, it's Furfrou!

Furfrou were historical guardians of Kalosian kings, according to the Y and Alpha Saphire dex entries.

Cutting Furfrou's hair with a blade can make it faster, according to the X and Omega Ruby dex entries.

Two Furfrou's possible trims are the Heart trim and Diamond trim, representing half of the suits of cards, but they lack a 'Club' or 'Spade' trim. Also, their Fur Coat ability halves the damage dealt to them by physical attacks.

As a normal-type Pokemon, Furfrou is immune to ghost-type moves. Every move in the main-series games with 'shadow' in its name (Shadow Ball, Bone, Claw, Force, Punch, and Sneak) is a ghost-type move.

Refers to the Pharaoh trim.

Refers to the Star trim.

Your turn for a riddle, @Dragalge!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Alright here’s your filthy riddle! Line up and guess one-by-one:

About my location...
It’s not something worthy
Of a vacation
Some things I can simply scoff away
Other times, it hurts me badly any day
There’s two sides to my tale
All depends on when you see my tail
Behind my back, the things that shine
What exactly are they? You’ll see in time
I will always lend a helping hand
We got each other’s backs in the end
I don’t let anyone just control me
But surely, in some way beforehand,
A part of me was removed sadly

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Wobbuffet? It lives in caves, not all that vacation-worthy, and while the anime makes its mirror coat or counter attacks reflect attacks completely, it doesn't prevent damage in the games. It has 2 "eyes", or possibly just eye-spots on its tail behind its back, and while the tail literally has the blue part's back to live on, the blue part has the tail's back figuratively, because it prioritizes keeping it safe. Not quite sure about the final part, but maybe that refers to the idea that wynaut/wobbuffet is secretly the evolved form of unown, and it thus lost a part of its evolution line before the game was finalized? Or maybe that it would have to have lost its ability to use hidden power?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Don't want this to die, so I'll make an educated guess of slowbro.

A giant shell doesn't seem all that pleasant to vacation in, it can have shell armour, but only in its mega form, the two sides of its "tale" could refer to its tail either being visible at its base coming from the "mouth" of the shellder, or at its tip coming out the other end in mega form, the "things that shine" could again, refer to the shellder's eyes, and the shellder and slowpoke have each other's backs figuratively and literally, much like the parts of wobbuffet, and while it's usually pretty spacey, and won't respond to people's commands, the shellder might convince it to move, especially if it mega evolves. This could mean that a part of it was removed because it lost its signature slowness, or it could have literally lost its hind legs when it mega evolved.

Maybe a stretch, but hopefully this will at least give life to this thread?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Interesting again but it’s not Slowbro!

I will give a hint: Once you deduced the exact location, the answer is much clearer with the hints that follow suit! What is the location? I can’t tell you exactly but I can say is that it’s a place you encounter in the second half of your Pokémon journey! Just pay attention to each map of each region or something

@Tangeh @TheWanderingMist Lend the boy of cephalopods a helping hand if you can!

Last edited:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I'm gonna say Girafarig. I can't relate it to every line but here's my logic.

There’s two sides to my tale
All depends on when you see my tail -
Girafarig is a herbivore so the front head would only eat plants however the tail head might bite anything that gets too close.

Behind my back, the things that shine
What exactly are they? You’ll see in time -
It has a second set of eyes behind it's back, eye shine and they see.

I will always lend a helping hand
We got each other’s backs in the end -
The back is where the two halves join, and the two heads work together with the tail head keeping watch at night and defending it from sneak attacks whilst the front head eats to provide them, both with sustenance.

But surely, in some way beforehand,
A part of me was removed sadly-
The origanal Girafarig design featured two symmetrical fronts so it lost its second head when it was replaced with the tail head

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Vulpix, perhaps? Fire attacks either are super effective if it's a Keokeo, or not effective at all if it has flash fire, and it's found on Mt. Pyre, which is a burial site (the last place you'd want to vacation, unless you're very odd, I guess). The parts about the tails/tales remind me of ninetales as well, maybe stating that they'll reveal their true power when it evolves, and ninetales can curse people with them. Maybe the "two sides of the tale" might also refer to the two variants? And I'm guessing what it lost was its original single white tail?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Genuinely cool facts but it's not Vulpix!

Think guys! Don't think on the earlier gens! Expand your horizons! Out from Unova onward (not saying this IS from Unova though so don't just take a look at their Pokemon and ignore the other gens that come after). =p

There I like eliminated over half of the Pokemon one can choose! Now with that, and the previous hints I gave, let's try again!