• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Riddle revival!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Is it Blastoise? It has two cannons and isn’t found in the forest. The part of the voyage is referring to the Time Capsule feature found in the Gen II games.
Not Blastoise.

Ohh maybe it's 2 canons because Alola has the s/m and us/um canons.

And then Lush Jungle could be the forest that isn't.

Leech life still fits with the last line and who can be caught in the lush jungle and learn leech life? Paras

There are still alot of lines I haven't connected paras to but, I'll guess paras anyway.
Not Paras. You got the part about the two canons right. Now re-read what I said about Toucannon carefully.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Celesteela then? It is found in a desert and park garden in Moon and in UM it is found in a crater. It looks like it should be found in a forest because it resembles bamboo but it isn’t. Looker and Annabel tell you about this UB in Moon but in UM you find it via traveling through a wormhole. It has also been known to set entire forests on fire.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Not Paras. You got the part about the two canons right. Now re-read what I said about Toucannon carefully.

I guess I'll take that to mean that it is a gen 7 pokemon?

In that case is it Fomantis?, It can also learn leech life, though only by tm and is found in the lush jungle.

and... 'A voyage I've taken and one back I will need' could refer to a 'voyage' taken to pokemon home and one back to a game 'sw/sh' will be needed, with future tense as Fomantis is gonna be added to Galar in the expansion.

TheWanderingMist

Celesteela then? It is found in a desert and park garden in Moon and in UM it is found in a crater. It looks like it should be found in a forest because it resembles bamboo but it isn’t. Looker and Annabel tell you about this UB in Moon but in UM you find it via traveling through a wormhole. It has also been known to set entire forests on fire.
It is not Celesteela. But this is the closest anyone has been.

I guess I'll take that to mean that it is a gen 7 pokemon?

In that case is it Fomantis?, It can also learn leech life, though only by tm and is found in the lush jungle.

and... 'A voyage I've taken and one back I will need' could refer to a 'voyage' taken to pokemon home and one back to a game 'sw/sh' will be needed, with future tense as Fomantis is gonna be added to Galar in the expansion.
Not Fomantis.

TheWanderingMist

Not Kartana.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Necrozma?

A voyage I've taken and one back I will need - Necrozma travelled to Alola from Ultra Space and, usum it travels back to ultraspace.

Two canons there are which herald my arrival - Necrozma arrives back in ultraspace from alola in both the us and the um canons, (also it's arriving from alola, so the toucannon pun keepitsimple pointed out works here)

Else this place shall be drained dry from my bleed - Necrozma steals light and would drain Alola of it's light had it not left and been restored to it's ultra form.

Can't think how it connect's to the forest though so this isn't the best guess but, oh well, I'll guess it anyway.

TheWanderingMist

It is not Necrozma.

TheWanderingMist

Bump.

Come on, you guys were getting so close.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Is it Cosmog? You find two in the Gen VII games in parallel worlds at different points in the game and Lusamine basically tried to bleed it dry by using all of its energy to power a machine that opened up a wormhole.

TheWanderingMist

Nope, not Cosmog.

TheWanderingMist

Since everyone forgot about this thread again, bump. Come on, you've almost got it.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Is it Xurkitree. It lives in a "forest", an electrifying world made of Xuriktrees that are described to look like giant trees.

It also appears in another forest, the lush jungle of the SM. In that way, it has appeared in a forest in two canons.

Xurkitree feeds on electricity, specifically Power Plants in the real world which could be "this place".

To sound a desperate attempt at survival has me thinking of two other evolution lines, but this could be applied to Ultra Beasts in the sense they are a danger to everyone and themselves due to their awesome power.

TheWanderingMist

Is it Xurkitree. It lives in a "forest", an electrifying world made of Xuriktrees that are described to look like giant trees.

It also appears in another forest, the lush jungle of the SM. In that way, it has appeared in a forest in two canons.

Xurkitree feeds on electricity, specifically Power Plants in the real world which could be "this place".

To sound a desperate attempt at survival has me thinking of two other evolution lines, but this could be applied to Ultra Beasts in the sense they are a danger to everyone and themselves due to their awesome power.
Correct! Although the two canons thing was just SM and USUM.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
lol, this is cheesy as hell. Okay here's my riddle.

The weather turns dark.
The most dastardly of Pokemon lurks nearby.
The most astute of trainers gaze into the window.
They've been stung by... a smooth criminal.

The chase begins.
You chase me through the bedroom, making quite a mess.
You chase me underneath the stool, flipping it over.
You chase me through the doggy door but you cannot fit.

What's that? You can track my smell?
Not in this weather you can! Now I glide away!
Even with your keen sight.
What good is ferocious strength if you can't strike me? Hee hee!
The day turned clear. You think luck is on your side?
You've underestimated me too long.
For I've already made my escape.
Moon walking across these tame waves!
Hee hee! You've been had by a smooth criminal!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Hmm. My first guess would be froslass, as its ghost type prevents fighting or normal attacks (including Strength) from striking it, and it can have the snow cloak ability, so the weather preventing it from being tracked seems to fit there. And ice is smooth, so the "smooth" part makes sense there too. Can't make much sense of the rest of the riddle, though.

WaterTypeStarter

Hydreigon?
it is a Dark type, so maybe it would qualify as dastardly. And it is a fast Pokemon. So it could easily escape. Though the "gliding" part might mean I am wrong, though it may not be literal.

Last edited: