• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Rumble Blast Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewfanforlife

This is similar to someone's earlier Ditto question, but can Kakuna/Metapod/Cascoon/Silcoon actually do damage in this game, or do they still only get Harden? Also, are Wynaut and Wobbuffet restricted to Counter and Mirror Coat for offense like in the main games?

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
I actually have to agree with Judas.
Shiny Pokemon are the reason people still play the first Rumble game, nothing more, nothing less (edit: not literally everyone =p). I can't think of any reason why they would've left shinies out of this game, though.

But yeah, like Judas said, I'm not buying this if there are no shinies =/
Hunting in Rumble is fun whenever you lose motivation for your main game hunts, or people who don't have the patience to hunt them in the other games. Don't get me wrong, I like Rumble and this game looks fun too, but I don't feel like paying €50 for a game I get bored with in 2 months.

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Shiny Pokemon are the reason people still play the first Rumble game, nothing more, nothing less.

I still play it because I like the gameplay and want to get a Weezing with a high power level, but shinies do add to the replay value, no question.

EDIT: Serebii, I just watched the first part of someone's playthrough of Rumble Blast on YouTube, and it seems you neglected to mention Scraggy and Klink in the Beginning Garden listing.

EDIT 2: Watching more of that playthrough, I just can't wait for this game to be released in America. Just another good reason to own a 3DS. Though I do wish someone would confirm (definitively, I mean, not just based on the fact that you haven't found any yet) whether or not there are Shiny Pokemon in this game...

Last edited:

Judas

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Just felt like saying it once took me over 300 stages (~30k pokemon) in Rumble to find a shiny, and a few times 150+, so I still have my hopes up~

Hopefully we'll find out soon..

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
People these days...They're all so obsessed about Shiny Pokemon that they won't buy this game if it has none. -_-
I don't care if they're absent or not, this seems to be a great game to play and I can't wait until it releases here in Australia. And for those that are not buying it because there is no Shiny Pokemon are going to miss out on a great game.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
People these days...They're all so obsessed about Shiny Pokemon that they won't buy this game if it has none. -_-
I don't care if they're absent or not, this seems to be a great game to play and I can't wait until it releases here in Australia. And for those that are not buying it because there is no Shiny Pokemon are going to miss out on a great game.

Ehmm... as I mentioned earlier, I just don't want to spent €50 for a game with hardly any replay value. I do think it's a great game, but I'm pretty sure I get bored with it after catching all pokemon and beating all levels. I doubt it takes longer than 2 months to obtain all pokemon, especially since Coronis said he nearly has all pokemon already. There are still things like getting certain traits for certain pokemon etc, but that's not worth the prize in my opinion xD

Edit: I guess the new rare abilities having blue names proof there are no shinies, unless they decided to give shinies a different colored name :c

Last edited:

Aegon

I like the European name more than the American one. Super Pokémon Rumble is much closer to the Japanese one, and it's simpler. I've been really happy with NoE's translation efforts lately. I'm a bit annoyed at the release date, though, considering America gets it a month-and-a-half or so before Europe.

I'm debating whether to buy this or not when it comes out. I liked the WiiWare version, but I grew tired of it after a few months and now never play it. I guess this has all Pokémon, so that makes it interesting. I'll have to look at some gameplay videos.

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
Anyone know how the point behind the random appearances of Tornadus in some levels? It disappears after like...3 seconds, not enough time to kill it. Unless you need a pokemon with a LOT of power.

Last edited:

mewfanforlife

Anyone know how the point behind the random appearances of Tornadus in some levels? It disappears after like...3 seconds, not enough time to kill it. Unless you need a pokemon with a LOT of power.

From what I understand, you have to find it a few times (3 I think) first but you can actually battle them after that.

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
I think this game's replay value is much greater than it was in the first game.
In the first game, the replay value was pretty much getting all Pokémon (only 257) and then replaying levels countless times to find the shinies you want.

In this game, there are 646 Pokémon, and the different forms get registered in your Dex as well. And although shinies can't be found in the game, there is a great replacement, rare abilities. The abilities greatly improve the stats, and it's thereby possible to get a Pokémon with an extremely high speed or attack.
Also, you can now actually choose which moves your Pokémon get, both by the specific move vending machines and by having Pokémon teach other Pokémon moves.
And with the world ranks, every Pokémon can be found at a high level. They do cost a lot, though, so you'll have to get a lot of money to get to rank 10. And when you have a little team of high-leveled Pokémon with rare abilities, you can use them to challenge the EX levels. You can even try to beat the EX-6 Battle Royale and/or Team Battle with a specific species of Pokémon, or maybe even beat them with every Pokémon there is.

Seriously, if you liked collecting shinies in the original, I don't see why you wouldn't like this.

I also have a question about StreetPass.
What determines the level of the Pokémon you get by StreetPass?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I think this game's replay value is much greater than it was in the first game.
In the first game, the replay value was pretty much getting all Pokémon (only 257) and then replaying levels countless times to find the shinies you want.

In this game, there are 646 Pokémon, and the different forms get registered in your Dex as well. And although shinies can't be found in the game, there is a great replacement, rare abilities. The abilities greatly improve the stats, and it's thereby possible to get a Pokémon with an extremely high speed or attack.
Also, you can now actually choose which moves your Pokémon get, both by the specific move vending machines and by having Pokémon teach other Pokémon moves.
And with the world ranks, every Pokémon can be found at a high level. They do cost a lot, though, so you'll have to get a lot of money to get to rank 10. And when you have a little team of high-leveled Pokémon with rare abilities, you can use them to challenge the EX levels. You can even try to beat the EX-6 Battle Royale and/or Team Battle with a specific species of Pokémon, or maybe even beat them with every Pokémon there is.

Seriously, if you liked collecting shinies in the original, I don't see why you wouldn't like this.

I also have a question about StreetPass.
What determines the level of the Pokémon you get by StreetPass?
The level the Pokémon the trainer had

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I've seen gameplay and it actually looks worth paying 40$ for it.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
THERE ARE SHINY POKEMON IN RUMBLE BLAST!!!

They have pink names :3
I PMd a Japanese person who had the game if he wanted to make a video whenever he spotted a shiny, and he did! He even mentioned me in the video xD

But yeah, this is AWESOME news!

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRXDm_bYBiA

EDIT: After checking the video again, it seems it's name is just purple like other special ability pokemon, as you see more of them when he switches to Snivy. Can anyone confirm if those are different sparkles then when finding a pokemon you can 100% recruit? It does look like a shiny Snivy..

Last edited:

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
THERE ARE SHINY POKEMON IN RUMBLE BLAST!!!

They have pink names :3
I PMd a Japanese person who had the game if he wanted to make a video whenever he spotted a shiny, and he did! He even mentioned me in the video xD

But yeah, this is AWESOME news!

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRXDm_bYBiA

EDIT: After checking the video again, it seems it's name is just purple like other special ability pokemon, as you see more of them when he switches to Snivy. Can anyone confirm if those are different sparkles then when finding a pokemon you can 100% recruit? It does look like a shiny Snivy..

Definitely not shiny, those are the sparkles that guarantee you'll get it.
The sparkles are gone after he gets it, and there's no indication of it being shiny, like a star.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Definitely not shiny, those are the sparkles that guarantee you'll get it.
The sparkles are gone after he gets it, and there's no indication of it being shiny, like a star.

Yeah, I was afraid that was it =/
I guess there are no shinies then, real bummer.

CLINTv2

*Insert title here*
Shiny or no shiny, it is Pokemon I already pre-ordered/paid for it in full, I was so bored with my 3ds in march, It felt cool to have one when no one else did but I haven't even played a 3ds game on it yet.

I can't wait for it to come out in October and it better come with something cool because it was $50

Status
Not open for further replies.