• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Rumble Blast Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
Weren't the shiny sparkles and the guaranteed get sparkles identical in the original? I believe they were, plus it does look like a shiny Snivy.

That, I do believe that video proves that shiny Pokemon are available. Good luck to anyone who decides to buy the game for shiny Pokemon, though I was sold at Hoenn being available.

Judas

I believe that video proves shinies are in the game. Snivy is obviously blue, and the sparkles were the same for shineis and special ability Pokemon in the old game so saying they're the same is not a reason for it not being shiny. :/

Looks like I'm buying this game. :3

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Yeah, maybe I overreacted with the "not buying if no shinies" thing. This game is FAR more better than the original, and as Clint said, it's nice to finally have a good 3DS game besides OoT. I bought Rayman and PES 2011 just because I wanted to have SOME games but I got bored with both in less than a week.

So yeah, I'll buy it even if there are no shinies, but I still really hope they're in the game.

Also, if the Snivy from the video really is shiny, I wonder why it has a purple name @_@.
Too bad it's a Snivy and not something that's easy to tell.

Judas

Yeah, maybe I overreacted with the "not buying if no shinies" thing. This game is FAR more better than the original, and as Clint said, it's nice to finally have a good 3DS game besides OoT. I bought Rayman and PES 2011 just because I wanted to have SOME games but I got bored with both in less than a week.

So yeah, I'll buy it even if there are no shinies, but I still really hope they're in the game.

Also, if the Snivy from the video really is shiny, I wonder why it has a purple name @_@.
Too bad it's a Snivy and not something that's easy to tell.

I am going to assume they just made them have the same color as special ability Pokemon since rare abilities took the blue name.

Also, to Freekhenstra, there was no indication of it being shiny (such as stars, or after-capture sparkles) in the old game. It just had a blue name, which was replaced in this game.

The color is clearly different, it's no where near the green that Snivy should be. If you take away the glare and compare the color, the color is no where near green. If it isn't shiny, then the uploaded edited the color of only Snivy in a video editor.

Here's a video of that same person on Rumble - using the same camera and it shows a Snivy, it's clearly green.

Let me do a side by side comparison.

byMVU.png

Shiny. Or it's magic.

Last edited:

Judas

The Snivy that was used in that video is the event Snivy given via password. It is not shiny. The colours in general on that video are "washed out" so they don't completely match up.

Sorry guys

The password Snivy has a power of 566, that Snivy has a power of 574.

Last edited:

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
I made another comparison, this time where you see it on the select screen:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/shinysnivyblast.png

Notice the difference between it's body color and the yellow from his vine things is better to tell apart in it's "shiny" form? It's just like it's B/W sprite. Even though both images aren't the exact same quality, you can easily see this.

I still think it's weird they didn't make a new color for shiny names, but I guess you can't really miss them anyways if they sparkle like that. It just means killing all sparkling toys you see.

Who knows, maybe there is some sort of thing that shows it's shiny like the pokedex/collection and he just didn't show or know. I'll PM him again.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The password Snivy has a power of 566, that Snivy has a power of 574.
The power ranges and can be different by about 30 points.

Guys, I am telling you...it's not shiny. It is the camera making it "appear" shiny. Shiny Pokémon do not appear to be in the game.

Trust me, I do have the game and I know about what I speak

Judas

The power ranges and can be different by about 30 points

Then you have no proof, and I have no proof. So neither of us can say it is or isn't the password Snivy.

And if it is, maybe password Pokemon have a chance to be shiny.

Also, you should probably put that on the SPP page instead of implying the numbers are exact. :p You having the game isn't a reason for them not to be there, unless that's a video of your game.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Then you have no proof, and I have no proof. So neither of us can say it is or isn't the password Snivy.

And if it is, maybe password Pokemon have a chance to be shiny.

Also, you should probably put that on the SPP page instead of implying the numbers are exact. :p You having the game isn't a reason for them not to be there, unless that's a video of your game.
Yes I can. The battle is outside the main levels, in the hubs. The hubs only house certain Pokémon and Snivy isn't one of them. When you use the passwords, the password Pokémon replace one of the Pokémon in the area. The Pokémon in the areas are as follows;

1-1: Patrat
1-2: Ducklett
1-3: Pansage, Panpour, Pansear
1-4: Blitzle, Purrloin

2-1: Venipede, Tympole
2-2: Cottonee
2-3: Sewaddle
2-4: Petilil

3-1: Sandile
3-2: Foongus, Dwebble
3-3: Darumaka

4-1: Cubchoo, Vanillite
4-2: Croagunk
4-3: Machop, Hippopotas

Snivy appears in 2-3 Leisure Waterside when you use the password and that area only has Sewaddle

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
He's right and it's ability is Grass Up just like the password one x.x

I'm finally starting to believe there really are no shinies. I won't take anything for a shiny anymore unless it actually has a different colored name..

Judas

Yes I can. The battle is outside the main levels, in the hubs. The hubs only house certain Pokémon and Snivy isn't one of them. When you use the passwords, the password Pokémon replace one of the Pokémon in the area. The Pokémon in the areas are as follows;

Snivy appears in 2-3 Leisure Waterside when you use the password and that area only has Sewaddle
Touche, Serebii. You have won this battle.
stare.png

He's right and it's ability is Grass Up just like the password one x.x

I'm finally starting to believe there really are no shinies. I won't take anything for a shiny anymore unless it actually has a different colored name..
I'm still clinging to the small hope that a password Pokemon can be shiny, but seeing as the person who uploaded that is refusing the do a comparison, I think they just discovered that their camera makes Snivy look shiny and wanted to troll.

;o;

I will still probably buy the game though >_>;

ShinyDoug

Shine?
I've been following this argument, and I'm not so sure I'll buy it with no shinies. though I can't follow it for long. I'm on an Italian train, possibly my last wifi for a bit. It looks cool, but PLEASE, PLEEEEEASE HAVE SHINIES!

Electric

Can't someone hack the game and just see if they exist? Hackers hack the main series to death, so I don't see how this game hasn't been hacked yet. If shiny Pokemon don't exist in this game, that would be a huge disappointment, since they were part of the first game and they just remove them for whatever reason.

GS Fan

Advanced Trainer
Hey Serebii, sorry if this has been asked already but about how long does the main story take? I can tell it is much more expansive than the Wiiware iteration, but just curious. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.