• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Scent-Sation (026)

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I was actually looking forward to this episode, but it turned out to be a big disappointment.

Erika was hopeless as a Gym leader, the pokemon she used had so much potential, but they ended up looking bad because she couldn't train them right.

Littlemyuu

It was a good episode, Erika could do better imo...but besides that i loved the part where Pikachu gives a flower water just to save it from the fire XD

Icefiyre

Banned
I really liked the way that the whole story went, how Ash wasn't allowed to go into the gym at first to battle but then he and Team Rocket came up with a scheme to get in and led Ash to battle and get the Rainbow Badge and allowed Team Rocket to steal the secret perfume formula.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I loved seeing Erika debuting in this episode. I was expecting her to be like sweet and kind all the time, but Im glad she was a bit sausy to Ash. :D

Best Quote:

P for Pretty
E for Elegant
R for Radiant
F for Fun
U for Unique
M for Mysterious
E for Energy
And that spells...Perfume!

I think this is how it went.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
It was a good episode, Erika could do better imo...but besides that i loved the part where Pikachu gives a flower water just to save it from the fire XD

I agree with that, it made me laugh, what did it expect to do with a little watering can?

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
If i remember right, didn't they break the rules by trying to refuse Ash entry to the gym to challenge Erika?

I thought a gym leader had to accept all challenges, despite what may have happened outside the gym.

Adam_stm

Nope, sadly no Battle Frontier with any of the gyms

Erika said Ash needs empathy with his pokemon so he can become a great trainer like her. I am not sure why she said that because Ash did have empathy.

Vipsoccermaster

This episode was good, it was funny that Team Rocket set the Gym on fire. And Ash got the Rainbow Badge by saving Erika's Gloom.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
The bits of this episode that I remember were the fire rescue, and Team Rocket getting suffocated by Essence of Gloom.

... I don't even remember the Gym battle. Seriously. What happened?

Oh, and Ash as a girl. SO AWESOME. "Please don't stare at me, I'm a very shy little girl!" Hysterical. By far and away, THE best thing ever.

talala

bulbasaur got owned by using vine whip on tangela and tangela spinning and kicking him in the face, charmander owned weepinbell with a flame thrower, and team rocket sabotaged the battle and lights the place on fire, ash gets a badge for rescuing gloom from the fire, thats 4 out of 5 badges ash didn't really earn.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Kind of strange that Ash wasn't allowed to go somewhere because he didn't like perfume...DISCRIMINATION!!
*Ahem* I loved Ashley in this episode. Haha, I can't believe Ash would become so desperate to actually trust TR. As for the Gym Battle, that was really fast 0_o & it was another badge Ash actually earned! Hard work FTW! I also liked how Erika was so caring for her Pokemon, she'd be a good breeder :) That sucks that a fire happened in the end :/ But, everyone made it out okay. I hope they had insurance, though ;)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great gym battle, one of my favorites in Indigo.

I loved especially the battle vs Tangela, poor Bulbasaur.

And Pikachu was loyal to Ash, as usual.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Man the Kanto gym battle episode were the best. I liked how Erika was a gym leader and a perfume shop owner. Though I wish she was good at archery like in the manga.

Funny to see Team Rocket using Ash to get inside the gym. Even better to see Ash crossdress for the first time <3

Erika was weak though, only the fire at the end made it exciting. 8/10

JohnLee

Man the Kanto gym battle episode were the best. I liked how Erika was a gym leader and a perfume shop owner. Though I wish she was good at archery like in the manga.

Funny to see Team Rocket using Ash to get inside the gym. Even better to see Ash crossdress for the first time <3

Erika was weak though, only the fire at the end made it exciting. 8/10

Atleast Erika had some character! Ash actually had a reason for cross dressing in this episode though! He needed the gym batte.

NES

Flip me to the side!
My only complaint is how Ash got his badge i mean the battle was good why they had to interrupt it?, other than that the episode is good, lots of humor.

Like Jessie fantasizes about her being Cleopatra, the X, and well of course "Ashley": "I'll show those meanies".

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Erika did kick Ash out of the perfume shop but she didn't ban him, but I bet if whoever runs those Gym rules found out that Erika's idiot friends broke the rules and banned a trainer from battling either she or them or all would have been fired as Gym leaders (Does Erika even know they banned him?).

This episode was funny, but Erika's friends were all annoying, they have no right to kick someone out of a gym (And you think Misty/Brock would have said something, were they there?) especially when they aren't a Gym leader. I think Erika's the only gym in the anime that I don't like because of that. And seriously Ash is a guy, he shouldn't be expected to be all moon eyed and droopy like a zombie over perfume (Brock was doing it because of the girls).

NES

Flip me to the side!
Yeah Misty and Brock were like "forget about our friend collecting badges, let's get perfume". One would expect them to at least have something to say in favor of Ash as former gym leaders :p.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This was one of the funniest episodes from Kanto. Ash being banned from the Gym and trying to get in with TR's help was hilarious XD, I liked it a lot. The Gym battle was going so well until TR had to screw everything up, but I wasn't mad that Erika gave Ash his badge for helping save the pokemon from the fire, it was well deserved IMO. Fantastic episode.