• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Scent-Sation (026)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Now that Satoshi-tachi were in Tamamushi City, I assumed that Satoshi would just challenge Erika with no problems, but I was wrong. The way Erika treated Satoshi was uncalled for, as was the way Kasumi and Takeshi abandoned him. Erika's tale about Kusaihana saving her as a child was touching, though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I loved Erika's personality and the battle between her and Ash was amusing. Ash dressing up as a girl to enter Celadon's Gym was hilarious.

ZilverLox

Banned
Erika was one of the first Gym Leaders I seen and liked. She was cute and I used to laugh the way she and her girls treated Ash when he dissed the perfume. I was fooled by how Erika was the manager under the kimono. That took me a while to figure that one out. I thought Ash cross-dressing was funny. I loved that part. That proves he'll do whatever he takes to battle. This should have been turned into a two episode arc though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, while most fans disliked that Satoshi won the Rainbow Badge by rescuing Erika's Kusaihana from the inferno, I thought it was the most realistic of his "pity Badge" efforts. Satoshi did something truly heroic by risking his life, so he deserved his reward.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash winning the Rainbow Badge seemed cheap although what bugged me was how mean everyone was to him in this episode. Seemed unfair.

Satoshi insulted Erika, along with the pride of the Tamamushi Gym in the perfume shop. So everyone acting rudely to him made sense. Satoshi shouldn't have been such a loud-mouth in this episode.

Manchee

extra toasty
This was always one of my favorite episodes as a kid. I liked Ash's kiddish behavior in this episode and seeing him, Jessie, and James dress up to get into the gym always amused me. Watching it now, I don't think Ash deserved his badge as much since he helped Team Rocket get into the gym, ultimately resulting in them causing the fire. Either way, Gloom is what really fascinated me in this episode. I'm not sure why, by there was a quality about it that equally intrigued me and crept me out. I wish Ash and the gang stayed in Celadon a little longer (and now watching the episode back I wish he had lost to Erika officially and had to stick around to train, redeem himself, and re-battle her.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I also wish that Satoshi and his friends had spent more time exploring Tamamushi City. The Gym dilemma was amusing, but I wanted to see Tamamushi City's Game Corner, too.

Ash winning his 4th Badge just because he saved Gloom was funny. See the fire was kind of his fault since he was helping Jessie and James get into the Celadon Gym.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash getting the Badge for just saving Gloom felt cheap, but Gloom seemed overpowered in this episode.
3/10

Erika's Kusaihana did seem a bit too powerful, which is funny since every other Kusaihana that we'll see in future episodes will seem incredibly generic by comparison.

gentwoer

Wasted potential comes to mind.

Celadon City is basically the shopping district of the Kanto region and all we see is a perfume shop and a gym. They don't go to the Pokemon department store, there is no plot with the Rocket Game Corner that easily could have been worked into expand this to a two-parter. Nothing.

Looks like Ash stopped hesitating over gratitude badges. Don't know Pikachu couldn't have beat Gloom with its apparent secret strategy. This was easily the worst of not actually earned Kanto badges. At least with Brock he was technically going to win even if by fluke. At least with Misty he probably would have won seeing as how Pidgeotto knocked out Misty's strongest water Pokemon. At least he technically won against Sabrina in a really not fair at all way but there was some sort of victory. Not the case here.

The episode should have had Ash fighting Erika while he was in drag.

Daizy

I call you honey
"Ashley" looked great. I wish we'd see Ash cross-dress more often and I was happy to see him and Team Rocket team up too since they hardly ever work alongside each other.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Wasted potential comes to mind.

Celadon City is basically the shopping district of the Kanto region and all we see is a perfume shop and a gym. They don't go to the Pokemon department store, there is no plot with the Rocket Game Corner that easily could have been worked into expand this to a two-parter. Nothing.

Looks like Ash stopped hesitating over gratitude badges. Don't know Pikachu couldn't have beat Gloom with its apparent secret strategy. This was easily the worst of not actually earned Kanto badges. At least with Brock he was technically going to win even if by fluke. At least with Misty he probably would have won seeing as how Pidgeotto knocked out Misty's strongest water Pokemon. At least he technically won against Sabrina in a really not fair at all way but there was some sort of victory. Not the case here.

The episode should have had Ash fighting Erika while he was in drag.

Yeah they totally dropped the ball by giving Celadon City so little fanfare. I didn't mind the gym subplot since seeing Ash in drag was hilarious, but other than that the setting just wasn't really exciting.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
"Ashley" looked great. I wish we'd see Ash cross-dress more often and I was happy to see him and Team Rocket team up too since they hardly ever work alongside each other.

It didn't feel quite as satisfying to me this time around, because both Satoshi and the Rocket-dan teamed up for their own selfish reasons. So watching them break the Gym's rules together just seemed jarring.

Ash seemed more overconfident and brash here than he usually is as seen when he made rude comments about perfume when he was at Erika's store. And while talking about her, I have to say that she looked so good with that kimono and I think she should've kept it throughout the whole episode. As for the Gym match itself it was a waste of time since Tangela and Weepinbell were weak and Ash didn't even properly beat Erika's Gloom and got the badge for free. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
And while talking about her, I have to say that she looked so good with that kimono and I think she should've kept it throughout the whole episode.

I liked her more traditional outfit compared to her regular outfit that she wore when she battled Satoshi, although I figure that she was given regular clothing during the second part of the episode to differentiate between her perfume store manager persona and her Gym Leader persona.