• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shipwreck (016)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Which is a huge flaw IMO. Team Rocket could've betrayed Ash here which would've made Ash's sympathy for them meaningless.

Hmmm hypothetical yes they could have, but they didn't and in fact they helped Ash's group out somewhat so I wasn't too bothered about their roles here.

JudySpell

Banned
Hmmm hypothetical yes they could have, but they didn't and in fact they helped Ash's group out somewhat so I wasn't too bothered about their roles here.

But it was James's fault that the raft Ash's pals used got destroyed since he kicked Magikarp. TR just ruined things like always.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
But it was James's fault that the raft Ash's pals used got destroyed since he kicked Magikarp. TR just ruined things like always.

I suppose that part really was Team rocket's fault since it resulted in an angry Gyarados chase and all that, but hey it made the episode's ending so much better. :D

JudySpell

Banned
I suppose that part really was Team rocket's fault since it resulted in an angry Gyarados chase and all that, but hey it made the episode's ending so much better. :D

Basically TRio caused the Dragon Rage, which resulted in Ash and co splitting up from their Pokemon.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
I really love this episode specially because TR and Ash's friends worked together.It was sweet when James didn't want to cross the rope to get on the other side and Jessie encourages him. <3 James calls Jessie as Jessica as well.That's rare.Overall It was pretty enjoyable! :)

My favorite part of this episode was when James sent out his new Magikarp to swim through the hole even though it just splashed around.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was a great episode. I liked seeing Kasumi's Tosakinto rescue the Rocket-dan since she rarely did stuff of importance, and Kojirou kicking his Koiking made me feel bad for the little fish. Of course, my feelings changed when it became a Gyarados and chased after Satoshi and the Rocket-dan at the end.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I love this episode and the one after, I just seem to like it more then Ash and TR works together as opposed to them fighting each other. Was a bit teary with the Jenny burial scene, but how did she even know their names?

Alloutℯ

Banned
The shipwreck was good, because we got to see Misty and Brock act level-headed and figure things out, but what was with Pikachu acting mean to Meowth.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that the Rocket-dan were almost an afterthought to Satoshi and his friends during the escape scene kind of irks me, especially because Kojirou, Musashi, and Nyasu almost drowned, yet Satoshi's group didn't even consider lending them a Water-type Pokemon.

When Officer Jenny gave the eulogy I felt angry because it didn't even seem like she tried finding the remains of Ash and Co. She just assumed that they died without concrete proof.

gentwoer

There was some dumb things about this episode like the fact that the authorities even knew the 5 were on the St.Anne in the first place when the tickets were given away for free without any kind of registration and Team Rocket had snuck on anyways and went undercover as staff. Or the fact that the Kanto starter trio, Geodude, and Team Rocket's Pokemon off set the balance of the ship on the rock but Onix who is significantly heavier than all of them combined doesn't cause the ship to topple over when Brock summons it to use it as a stair case. Or how callous the twerps looking telling Team Rocket to grab a water Pokemon when they know full well they don't have one.

And yet...I really like this episode. A lot of fun gags with Team Rocket like the sun tanning fantasy or Jessie and James moment on the vines.

One of my favorite lines in the series

Jessie: I'll always remember what a snappy dresser you were
James: So will I.

Brock telling the story of Noah raises questions. Like Christianity and Judaism exist in the Pokeverse? I know this is before gen 4 retconned Arcaeus into being God but .....? is Brock a Christian? Is Ash a Buddhist?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Brock telling the story of Noah raises questions. Like Christianity and Judaism exist in the Pokeverse? I know this is before gen 4 retconned Arcaeus into being God but .....? is Brock a Christian? Is Ash a Buddhist?

We also see a crucifix in the maiden's peak episode, so I guess that Christianity exists in the anime, although only in these old episodes.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Another amazing early episode. The whole intro raises so many questions about their 'deaths', which is why I always thought that scene was more a hallucination of Ash's like TR dreaming they're on the beach. It explains why no one later brings it up.

I always love when TR and Ash have to work together, since both are stubborn but kind hearted, which makes for nice interactions. I also love how each Pokemon on the main cast (except poor Zubat :( ) got something to do in this episode.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. It was kind of confusing seeing Jenny somehow knowing that Ash and his friends, as well as TRio, failed to make their way out. I liked everyone using their Water Pokemon to escape, although Magikarp ultimately proved to be useless. This is also the first episode mentioning humans eating Pokemon. James kicking Magikarp out of frustration was dumb, and I didn't like how the newly evolved Gyarados summoned more of its kind when it grew tired of pursuing the group.
7.5/10

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
There was some dumb things about this episode like the fact that the authorities even knew the 5 were on the St.Anne in the first place when the tickets were given away for free without any kind of registration and Team Rocket had snuck on anyways and went undercover as staff. Or the fact that the Kanto starter trio, Geodude, and Team Rocket's Pokemon off set the balance of the ship on the rock but Onix who is significantly heavier than all of them combined doesn't cause the ship to topple over when Brock summons it to use it as a stair case. Or how callous the twerps looking telling Team Rocket to grab a water Pokemon when they know full well they don't have one.

And yet...I really like this episode. A lot of fun gags with Team Rocket like the sun tanning fantasy or Jessie and James moment on the vines.

One of my favorite lines in the series

Jessie: I'll always remember what a snappy dresser you were
James: So will I.

Did Gen 4 retrocon Acaeus into being God? Haven't played the games, or seen the anime in a long time; the most I can go by is the Pokedex entries. The most they say is that Acaeus created the universe in Sinnoh mythology.

That is a funny line.

Didn't catch that about Onix, silly me. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I also love how each Pokemon on the main cast (except poor Zubat :( ) got something to do in this episode.

I really wish that Takeshi had used his Zubat for scouting purposes here, like during the scene where Satoshi's Pigeon found the Rocket-dan in the sea. Zubat was criminally underused in OS.