• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Coins are plentiful. Mega speedups are not-grab the speedup.

I certainly have more coins than speedups--but I'm still somewhat limited. I've got a warchest of 22k coins--the most I've ever had (thanks to this thread and learning to coin farm), but farming still takes time that I don't always have. I really want mewtwo, but I figure I'll need to have about 20k coins to make sure I get it (all items plus 2 greatballs).

That having been said, you do have a point. I may just wait to see how far down I get pushed to see how likely I am to get in the speedup range near the end of the competition.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I'd do one more days grinding to get another 10k coins myself-4 great balls is good enough imo-remember that, if against all odds Mewtwo refuses to be caught, you can reset your game in order to get the great ball moneyz back.

Kacho

You are next.
got another psychic type maxed level after wobbuffet and cresselia. it's solosis's final form whose name IDR/IDK top of my head

now im doing this max mega mewtwo, 2 psychic and 1 bug type training on ampharos. (there's not many bugs in this game rn)
team neutral damage for the win!

also i maxed dialga

also is nintendo gonna bring another regi back ever? like i almost forgot about it then i remembered recently lol

im debating to dump money on occasional exp boos even though i still have 3 left from that promo long time ago and i still need money to S rank pedra valley

monkeyman192

simply bored
I was thinking, surely the next escalation battle will be darkrai... We have had giratina and cresselia, and darkrai is the only 4th Gen legendary we are yet to see other than the uxie etc trio (which will probably be expert or special stages) and regigigas and palkia (both of which I imagine will be special stages)

komedy27u

got another psychic type maxed level after wobbuffet and cresselia. it's solosis's final form whose name IDR/IDK top of my head

now im doing this max mega mewtwo, 2 psychic and 1 bug type training on ampharos. (there's not many bugs in this game rn)
team neutral damage for the win!

also i maxed dialga

also is nintendo gonna bring another regi back ever? like i almost forgot about it then i remembered recently lol

im debating to dump money on occasional exp boos even though i still have 3 left from that promo long time ago and i still need money to S rank pedra valley

I use 1.5exp when I have +90k coins and have nothing to spend them on, only to not loose the daily 500 coins ^^

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
So I think I found someone who is probably representative of the skill level of the majority of players. It's both fascinating and distressing to watch someone blow two jewels on a single stage (not this video, but an earlier one), among other things. Somehow he's managed to be almost caught up on main stages.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So I think I found someone who is probably representative of the skill level of the majority of players. It's both fascinating and distressing to watch someone blow two jewels on a single stage (not this video, but an earlier one), among other things. Somehow he's managed to be almost caught up on main stages.

Though it hurts to watch that is basically how I've played this.
I'm terrible at the game and other Candy Crush clones in general really, especially considering muscle memory makes me want it to be like Battle Trozei but if you play it like Battle Trozei you just won't do any good.

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
Probably.

So it seems abilities aren't locked into only the first match moved in a combo. I just had Barrier Bash+ trigger twice in the same combo, with both the first and third matches triggering it on the Ampharos stage. I think abilities are reduced likelihood in combos, probably, but they aren't impossible.

komedy27u

Probably.

So it seems abilities aren't locked into only the first match moved in a combo. I just had Barrier Bash+ trigger twice in the same combo, with both the first and third matches triggering it on the Ampharos stage. I think abilities are reduced likelihood in combos, probably, but they aren't impossible.

I believe there's a glitch that lets abilities activate if the first match is done with a barrier, it only happens when there are barriers and is a little hard to do on purpose.

Silversea

Yeah there are several bugs where the game thinks the combo stops, but your previous combo created icons which eventually fall and activate a further combo after it thinks the turn is over.

Secundum

Lord Of Order

Just confirms my theory that everyone who posts in this thread is someone who, if they don't play the game to the max (all competitions, S-ranking everything, etc.), still WANT to have that level of completion, whereas people like the one in that video are the chaff that make up the lower rankings in competitions.

R_N

Alright 4 days left and I'm at rank 14516 I decided to go all in

Got 46900 score sending me Rank# 229

*dusts hands* well unless literally everyone spams items i guess i'm good

komedy27u

Tested it with my friend, atk+ and DD gives enough to win the stone easily (unless you suck, badly), so the cmplx is for the candy mainly ^^

Rakurai

If more people actually bothered spending money on all items, competitions would probably be more...competitive.

R_N

If more people actually bothered spending money on all items, competitions would probably be more...competitive.

I imagine the next layer added on that would everyone using whatever insane event pokemon that was around for 1-2 weeks. Like Arceus is becoming the game changer for the top scorers now.

Rakurai

I can't help but wonder if this whole "Have absurdly rare Safari Pokemon as an extra piece" thing is going to continue for future competitions, as well.

Hey guys!

Just came here to tell that I finally managed to beat MHeracross itemless.

Now I can concentrate on S ranking all the stages with minimum item usage.

Thx for all the help!