• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Mega Typhlosion

I'm still to try the new stages, but the Pokémon in there seem a little meh... several 30 base power Pokémon, some useless abilities.

I got the Garchompite and the Mega Speedup and now I'll be focusing on Darkrai, since the Rotoms are already done. I spent last week levelling up Genesect and Heracross (I just caught Genesect, so it was still Lv1), so I hope I can go far on Darkrai.

Then it's time to try out the new stages. Also, pretty happy with the Muskedeers on EX stages, although I still have to get Greninja.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
We got Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion, all not fighting, all with power of 4+

We got 10 new normal stages and MVenu is set to return in the future.

There are MSpeedups at lvl 50, 100, 150 and 200 on darkrai.

MVenu is coming back? Awesome. Hopefully MCharizard won't be too far behind him
In the meantime, got the 2 Atk+'s. I dread to think how badly I'd have done at MChomps stage without all items.

Slightly jealous of the people who caught Darkrai @ below 5%, but he'll catch soon enough. Which'll come in handy for when I finally Brave MMewtwo (though I've still got a few EX's I want to catch first)

Rakurai

It's Fighting type.

In any case, these new levels are pretty terrible. Most of them don't even seem possible to finish without items barring extreme luck.

Cerony

grass monkey
A good strat I like for the Psychics is Banette with two other Ghosts and a Crowd Control Bug. Go Mega and try to make moves that make Bug and MBanette matches at the same time.

Joseyfish

Any way to geta rare candy from darkrai? I really want to be able to earn one x_x;;

Rakurai

Oh joy.

Now they're actually gating progression by forcing you to capture certain Pokemon to even have a chance at finishing levels now. Spewpa is literally impossible if you don't have Scatterbug because you won't be able to use over half of the board until you get rid of them.

Wouldn't be so bad if Scatterbug's catch rate wasn't completely miserable, on top of it being another HP sponge Pokemon that requires excessive luck to even beat in the first place...

monkeyman192

simply bored
Oh joy.

Now they're actually gating progression by forcing you to capture certain Pokemon to even have a chance at finishing levels now. Spewpa is literally impossible if you don't have Scatterbug because you won't be able to use over half of the board until you get rid of them.

Wouldn't be so bad if Scatterbug's catch rate wasn't completely miserable, on top of it being another HP sponge Pokemon that requires excessive luck to even beat in the first place...

It's pretty rediculous!
First time I did scatterbug I S-ranked it but it's capture rate is 9% + 1%/move so I didn't catch it at ~18% (I think)
Then tried spewpa and failed miserably.
Decided to have another go at scatterbug and went far worse (had maybe 1 move left...) but somehow caught it...
The positive however is that spewpa can be done with 0 moves with scatterbug. I used M blaiziken and heatran with scatterbug and got a combo of about 100 well and truly destroying it without a single move.
Vivillion seems pretty tricky too.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Staravia is nasty to Srank-you need Starly for it.
Also the Muskateers yay!

BlueAscent

Completionist?
Been skimming the comments here for a while now, thought I'd join in the fun.
Got everything except Mew, started just after the first Kyogre ended.

Just S-ranked Staravia, kinda what I wanted to report! I used Manectric, Tyranitar and Cresselia! Focused on Cresselia's Barrier Bash+ to start. Tyranitar offered super effective damage, if she didn't have any matches. Then used the randomly freed Staravia to cut a hole in the barrier.

Mega Manectric helped, at the very end.. but I forget if I used +5 or not. Either way Staravia is my first S-rank of the new batch...

Also, is Terrakion really +1 S-rank after Greninja? I got the ninja ages ago, and this S-rank didn't open up the musketeer. (Virizion, here I come, though)

Edit: okay, not allowed to upload the image showing proof, but additional info:
I ended on a 55 combo, if that matters towards the rank.. (15,317 score)

Last edited:

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Well, I finished the M-Garchomp competition at rank 1800 or so, getting the stone and another speedup. My wife also got her first competition mega stone this time around!

Also Secundum thanks for the advice earlier--it was simple, but it helped make my mind up about whether or not to go for the speedup.

Rakurai

I don't know what they were thinking when they designed Gothorita's level.

It has a completely ridiculous amount of HP for how many turns you're allowed against it, and I can't see S rank being possible without complexity -1.

Mega Typhlosion

Currently on Lv17 Darkrai and havent's caught it yet. So far the levels seem easy, especially with a high-levelled and strong team. This will be my main focus, as the main stages I can get anytime I want after this.

I don't really mind that the new stages are difficult, because we now have stronger Pokémon and stronger abilities. And if they keep the difficulty low, it spoils the fun for me, so I don't really mind them being hard.

BlueAscent

Completionist?
If that's what Gothorita is like, then Gothitelle is my 'Conkeldurr V.2' to fear...

At least Gothita and Mime Jr. are out of the way, probably my two least favourite pokemon in general. And Staravia was annoying on D/P for breaking poke radar hunts.

(Please let Yanmega be good, when it finally comes... already annoyed by the eeveelutions/meowstic lines' low power)

GreenTL

Odd, Terrakion and Virizion showed up at the same time (215 S-ranks). Immediately tried itemless Terrakion, beat him with 6 seconds left and caught it even with a measly 7% catch rate. Wooo, that's one down, two to go.

I'm also getting a bit spend-crazy, I've never had this many coins so I haven't been conservative at all. Not that it matters too much, at this rate I'll probably be able to catch back up in time for next week's update xD

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Been skimming the comments here for a while now, thought I'd join in the fun.
Got everything except Mew, started just after the first Kyogre ended.

Just S-ranked Staravia, kinda what I wanted to report! I used Manectric, Tyranitar and Cresselia! Focused on Cresselia's Barrier Bash+ to start. Tyranitar offered super effective damage, if she didn't have any matches. Then used the randomly freed Staravia to cut a hole in the barrier.

Mega Manectric helped, at the very end.. but I forget if I used +5 or not. Either way Staravia is my first S-rank of the new batch...

Also, is Terrakion really +1 S-rank after Greninja? I got the ninja ages ago, and this S-rank didn't open up the musketeer. (Virizion, here I come, though)

No-whoever gave you that info was wrong.

Aesnath-np.

Creyk

I defeated everything on first try so far, with the excpetion of that annoying Starly at the start. These stages are pretty cool, can't wait to finish them and get started on Darkrai :D

Secundum

Lord Of Order

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I defeated everything on first try so far, with the excpetion of that annoying Starly at the start. These stages are pretty cool, can't wait to finish them and get started on Darkrai :D

Even gothorita?