• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Well this just happened:
WVW69iUZc-8Z_iM8In

I used both items and I managed to net in this much thanks to Mega Banette + ghosts. If only Mega Mewtwo Y could give me this much luck since it likes to not appear and set off combos for me.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Good Meowth run today. 8900 coins, -2800 for Mega Start and moves +5. Yay Mega Banette!

Kacho

You are next.
Use only Mega Boost pokemon, don't focus on the coins EVER, focus on making combos of at least 3 EVERY time, that way the amount of coins increases. Only do coin matches if: A) It's the last turn. B) It's the only way to get 3 matches in combo. 4) 5 coins and can still make a combo. Also, don't focus on MBan, all the icons it eliminates count as 1 in the combo, so don't count only on it to combo. Don't hurry, once I took 30 min to make the run, it was a 6k+ one ^^ not saying that you have to be that slow, but don't rush it~

that's the hard part. like sometimes it's hard to make a match that leads to 3 combos while avoiding coins

PS>
I RANK UP ON SEREBII

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
How did you not get meowth?

HaklePrime

Just beat 200 and I am finally done. The last half of the 190s were really easy compared to all the bs the first half did. Used everything but Mega Start and beat 200 with 11 moves remaining. I guess I didn't need that +5 Moves, but it was some insurance.

Now I don't want to see Darkrai nor another Escalation for some time.

I'm a dirty cheap tightwad, and basically won't spend coins on ANYTHING that doesn't outright require it. I begrudgingly dropped coins on 125, and have accepted that I'll likely have to do the same for 150. Is there any point in me grinding to 200? I've got maxed out 'mons, just sounds like it gets suuuuper random after 150.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
I'm a dirty cheap tightwad, and basically won't spend coins on ANYTHING that doesn't outright require it. I begrudgingly dropped coins on 125, and have accepted that I'll likely have to do the same for 150. Is there any point in me grinding to 200? I've got maxed out 'mons, just sounds like it gets suuuuper random after 150.

It's up to you really. You can do it itemless outside of 175 and 200, but it is indeed incredibly random and towards the end it has 17k HP, so you'll need a good amount of luck to do it itemless.

I think I had around 15-20 losses from between 150 to 200. You could always try to get past 175 and stop there for the free hearts just to see how bad the levels are. Of course it depends how much you value the Banked Hearts. You could also experiment with +5 Moves to speed things along, just you'll probably still get a few losses with bad boards even with those.

In the end, it comes down to how much you value the Level 200 Speedup.

Silversea

Goodness knows, but Sunday meowth finally showed up.
I'm assuming lv 75 darkrai doesn't need complexity -1, that seems a bit extreme for such a low level...

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Looks like the Venusaurite competition is now live. Since I want the Disruption Delay, I went in itemless and with a purposely weak (albeit still super-effective) team to get it. The nature of the disruptions of the stage will likely need to you to toss all the items at it if you are aiming for the Mega Speedup however. Also have swapped to using Mega Heracross, Xerneas, Genesect and Volcarona (previously was Mega Lucario, Xerneas, Heracross and Conkeldurr/Genesect) for the Darkrai Escalation Battle, Mega Heracross now seems better dealing with the later stages.

Last edited:

Codface

Onto lvl125. Low on coins. Really need the low down on what boosts to grind for to beat this. Can't afford to under or overspend.

Also Venasaur event.....1,200 speed ups for europe.....dammmmnnn thats gonna be tough.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Literally dumped the worst score I could get on Venusaur with the team I was grinding up with Meowth. Actually got a decent amount of coins at the moment and given the lack of new events to worry about for now I decided I'll go for Darkrai stage 150 after all.

Also uh, didn't they say we were getting Emboar later in August or am I remembering wrong? I guess they could be cheeky about it and do it next Monday since it's still technically August. Or worse, pull a Pinsir/Jirachi.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
So MVenasaur is a Moves Stage, Complexity -1 is not required (and thus won't be needed to save for) and I still have my consolation prizes from MChomp. Awesome. Did a couple of itemless runs to test Megas; of my two SE options MGlalie seems to be better. So do a bit of the Meowthing I ended up not doing over the weekend and that should be easy enough... (It's nice having Mega Start back for one of these. I've missed it).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played around with a bit with Darkrai, levelling it up a few levels and my Scyther is almost Lv. Max! I'm feeling really excited now that I'm about to get my first Lv. Max Pokeémon.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
So MVenasaur is a Moves Stage, Complexity -1 is not required (and thus won't be needed to save for) and I still have my consolation prizes from MChomp. Awesome. Did a couple of itemless runs to test Megas; of my two SE options MGlalie seems to be better. So do a bit of the Meowthing I ended up not doing over the weekend and that should be easy enough... (It's nice having Mega Start back for one of these. I've missed it).

All-Item Run resulted in a score of 41,436, which is currently 242 place. That'll do for a while.

Think I'll go back to Darkrai for a bit, try and get the Mega-Speed-Up at L100. Then maybe go deal with a couple of Mega Pokémon I haven't S-Ranked. Plus I've still got Xerneas & Yveltal to catch.

And then (assuming nothing else shows up in the interim) it might finally be time to test the defences of Level 150...