• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Man, got two painfully bad runs on stage 150 with Mega Lucario and wasted 10000 coins just right there. Didn't want to waste more coins than I already did so I ended up having to swap over to Aerodactyl for the first time and used the free Mega Start I still had. Even then I got some pretty bad luck until the end, no way am I going to bother going for 200. Going to go straight for Meowth from here on out.

As for Mega Speedups used, I've still only used mine on Blaziken since getting Mega Evolution in 3 matches minimum is pretty great. I've yet to use any others since I plan to prioritize Megas that I like and are good (hence Blaziken). Garchomp and Banette are tempting just because faster Mega Evolution is the only thing they really need to be amazing, but I'll wait until something like Salamence or Sharpedo and hope they're good.

monkeyman192

simply bored
I have used a few mega speedups. Put a few into lucario to help with beating darkari. 1 into Gengar, and one or two into banette and mewtwo I think. Might put one into blaziken and save the others for a bit... We don't seem to be getting them at a terrible rate, especially if they keep giving us escalation battles where we can get at least 3 with not too much difficulty (coin spending)

Kacho

You are next.
got a decent amount of combos with M glalie on venusaur :D

I'm like inconsistently levelling this and that and that and those pokemon here and there

like literally some of them are sitting around levl 6 or 7

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Ay, Speaking of Mega-Glailie, is it a bad thing when I say I am STILL stuck on that thing? I've tried almost everything in my power, yet every attempt ends up with me not coming even close, a board full of frozen columns, or BOTH!

What sort of setups did you folks use against it? Maybe I can get an idea and finally get to the next set of stages...

By the way, which pokemon's stage that's not Victini yields the most exp? I was thinking of level grinding the daylights out of many of my pokemon and was wondering where a good place to go is...

Last edited:

R_N

Ay, Speaking of Mega-Glailie, is it a bad thing when I say I am STILL stuck on that thing? I've tried almost everything in my power, yet every attempt ends up with me not coming even close, a board full of frozen columns, or BOTH!

What sort of setups did you folks use against it? Maybe I can get an idea and finally get to the next set of stages...

By the way, which pokemon's stage that's not Victini yields the most exp? I was thinking of level grinding the daylights out of many of my pokemon and was wondering where a good place to go is...
Buneary for your current position. Then Ampharos once you reach the mansion area. There's Snorlax much later on but it's too risky to do.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Used my free Mega Speed-Up on M-Gengar. I had 6, so it was time (5 now). Darkrai Level 75 is a pain. I didn't want to use Atk + on it (was saving it in case I needed another MVenu run), but it looks like I'm gonna have to (once I save up for MStart & DD again. There went those free coins)

Ok, past 75 now. Atk +, DD, Mega Start, +5 Moves, ended with 4 moves remaining. Phew! Will continue on to Level 100, then will likely stop @ Level 101.

Meanwhile, still holding strong on the Mega Venusaur competition. Might actually get the Mega-Speed-Up from this one...

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
So I finally beat Vivillion tonight, after several tries. Psynergy will be pleased to know that it was only with the use of M-blaze and a fire team that it occurred. It is worth noting that, after reading some of the responses, I realized that having Pyre active before setting off a Blaziken chain was the important part. So I started bringing combustkin (or however you spell it), which eventually worked

komedy27u

Do you have MLucario? You maaaaay need a cmplx-1 buddy, grind at stage 37 'til you have enough for a DD at least. You may want a poke with barrier breaking abilities, but most of them are after MGlalie.

Also, I give up on itemless darkrai, 188 and I'm stuck, time for +5 moves...

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Yeah, Mega-Lucario I do not have. While I do have pokemon with Barrier Bash, none of them are strong vs Ice. Looks like i'm going grinding again...

Will Complexity - 1 make all the difference? Last time I tried it was pretty pricey for what it does...

Kacho

You are next.
ah.. M glalie.

I remember I was googling how on earth to beat this and I forgot how, but i remember items were involved

komedy27u

Cmplx-1 is not necessary, but it seals the deal, on stages with a 5th pokemon, it eliminates that pokemon, in other stages it eliminates your 4th support pokemon, leaving only 3, if you mix that with MStart+Mawile, combos will kill, with DD you may even get the S-Rank ;)

Creyk

Will Complexity - 1 make all the difference? Last time I tried it was pretty pricey for what it does...

It makes all the difference very often....when I was stuck at the worst mega stages (mega gengar, and glalie) I just bought ALL items and went through them like that so I S-ranked them too and never had to bother with them again. They are made to be very hard so I think that is the best way to deal with them and then just forget them forever.

Codface

Beat 150 but on retrospect the price of going beyond 100 was high. 60ish lives and 25k in coins thats with max team of best pokemon and mega lucario with 4 speed ups. Won't be going higher as failure and cost is too much and instead lvling a max team hopefully in time for venasaur event mega speed up.

Good luck to everyone. Personally looking forward to next week and a hopefully quiet catch up time.

Last edited:

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
After redeeming the passcode, I've gotten 11 mega speedups total. I've used the max of 1 on Gengar (he's a beast), I've used the max of 8 on Banette (This has been very good for Sunday Meowth which helps buy mega starts). I have also used one on Mewtwo (just a good mega). Not sure where to put the one from today; possibles would be Mewtwo, Blastoise, Blaziken, and Lucario. Anywhere I'd use Garchomp or Aerodactyl I would just use a Megastart anyway. I'm leaning toward Blazikens because the fire team with Delphox/Heatran/Combusken(or Moltres depending on disruption density)

I'm still in the top 125 of Venasaur too, so I'm in good shape for another one next week but we'll see.

Where is everyone else using them? What are your rationales for using them (or not using them)?
'

I'd like to have this discussion as well. I've only got 6 speed-ups to my name, and I've had a hard time committing to spending them.

Does one go with raw efficiency (i.e. make Gengar better)?
Or applicability (i.e. go with Lucario)?
Or try to make an OK pokemon better (i.e. Manectric)?

I could see arguments for each of these positions, but I don't have enough candies to spread around. I do have a desire to spend them (rather than just horde 'em), but the decision feels "big."

Codface

On speed up usage I'd stick to the rule of making the fast faster. Slow ME pokemon are always going to be mega start fodder as realistically Sranking a stage when you have to wait over 3-4moves isnt happening.

I am concentrating my speed ups on getting things either 9, 10 or 12 matches speed (getting 11 is wasteful as thats two 4 matches and a 3 much less likely than hitting other points). Anything beyond 13 and its 4 turns plus usually and on harder stages disruptions or time will damage your chances.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
What are the coin stages for Darkrai? I got past 30 and am closing in on 50. I want to gauge how far I want to go on this, as I have S ranks to achieve.

Finally caught Mewtwo!

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
On speed up usage I'd stick to the rule of making the fast faster. Slow ME pokemon are always going to be mega start fodder as realistically Sranking a stage when you have to wait over 3-4moves isnt happening.

I am concentrating my speed ups on getting things either 9, 10 or 12 matches speed (getting 11 is wasteful as thats two 4 matches and a 3 much less likely than hitting other points). Anything beyond 13 and its 4 turns plus usually and on harder stages disruptions or time will damage your chances.

I like this construct--look to the "achievability" of the target number. Getting to 10 is two matches of three and a match of four, getting to twelve is three matches of four or four matches of 3, getting to 9 is three matches of 3. On the other hand, 11 is not better than 12, as you still need the same number of matches. Good concept.

Now, where is that list of how long each poke takes to mega-evolve...

EDIT: OK, found it--these criteria do not leave a lot of pokes that will benefit heavily from rare candies, unless you are willing to push to consistently 4 move evolvers.
Basically, possible at 9 icons: Blaziken, Lopunny, Khangaskhan, Audino; Possible at 10 icons: Lucario and Gengar; Possible at 12 icons: Venusaur.

If one is looking at 13 (which will typically require 4 moves, with at least one four match), then: Glalie and Manectric could both work. Still, notably less efficient than those above.

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
On Darkrai, past stage 150, the RNGness is really starting to slow mw down. =(

komedy27u

A good options is to give 1-2 candies to the most used megas, here is a table with %of speed increased per-candy: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/396vcm/mega_evolution_rates_and_speedups_table/

That table helps with Codface's rule, as the fastest pokemon usually get the most out of a single candy, but also cases like MHera who for some reason gets a lot out of every candy.

Also, this table compares minimum ans maximum combos needed to evolve: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShu...benefits_of_mega_speedups_in_terms_of_combos/

For those who have few candies and want to get the most out of them, check them out ^^ they don't include things like which mega is better, just raw math~