• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Those are the 2 problems with turn based competitions. The reason I don't like Shuffle Moves is that it bypasses the intelligence/patience of the person, leaving almost pure luck, and the game itself is already mostly luck. I like to think that most timed competitions have more skill in it, so it feels like a competition, and not like a lottery u.u

You still have to be quite patient to use Shuffle Move. It takes quite a while to type in everything to the board. Probably around 10+ minutes per stage depending on the number of turns. You'll also typically see the best move just from putting everything in than relying on the program most of the time. It's probably actually good for training yourself honestly.

Timed Stages are better for people with better reaction skills, not necessarily those who are more skilled at the game. The game trains you to be the opposite which is why Timed Stages are often harder than Turn based to most of us.

On another note, I'd just prefer Competitions to stop and all stones be released via main stages, but that'll never happen obviously. Hated them since the first Lucarionite competition, still hate them now.

Pause buffering was removed several patches ago though...

Home Buffering and Pause Buffering are different. Pause buffering involves the pause menu that most of us never use which I'm fairly sure is still in. I have no idea how they do it, but it still exists somehow.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So it looks like one can beat Lugia itemless. I mean I still haven't beaten it with no items but a team of Mega Manectric, Avalugg (the crux of the team), Aurorus, and Zapdos/Articuno almost took Lugia down when I used them.

Also, while unrelated, I downloaded Pokemon Shuffle mobile for kicks and giggles and the when you get to Eevee, it says it dropped a Jewel. If only this was an actual mechanic where you get a low chance of finding a Jewel after defeating a Pokemon...

Kacho

You are next.
I caught Carvanha and other safari poke but I still havent seen Sharpedo

if I see it im gonna chug great ball at it and it better goes in

Last edited:

Silversea

I agree lugia could be done without items. I was very close (10825/11000) on my first try, but subsequent tries were below 10000 so I just went for attack power + in the end.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I caught Carvanha and other safari poke but I still havent seen Sharpedo

if I see it im gonna chug great ball at it and it better goes in

But I already caught Sharpedo in the 3DS version...

In Mobile, I made it through Mega Kangaskhan very easily. Currently up to Buneary.

Kacho

You are next.
But I already caught Sharpedo in the 3DS version...

In Mobile, I made it through Mega Kangaskhan very easily. Currently up to Buneary.

i joined the game around the first time rotom was around lol, so im catching up.

i think i spent an entire day's worth of hearts and I still haven't seen a sharpedo.....

this game's RNG.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It took me something near or over 100 to get sharpedo last time.

I remember it took me less than 30 hearts to find Sharpedo and caught it on the first go with the Poké Ball but I don't remember the capture rate.

Rakurai

I like how I haven't caught a single Safari Pokemon after 20+ runs with 25%-33% capture rate.

I'm not spending any coins on anything other then Sharpedo, considering how worthless the others are.

SpoinkyPearl

Got Venusaurite, as I was already suspecting before. Yay! Now I feel maybe a little more confident when the next event stage comes around.

Luckily the Safari level is one of those before, I managed to catch all the Pokémon there rather easily so I don't need to spend time with that level. Instead, Lugia stage has proven to be difficult to me and it is a good try if I can get about half off its energy ._. I guess this is going to be added to the list of all the event Pokémon I didn't manage to catch.

Also continuing with catching Pokémon from regular levels (I got Tangrowth and... I think Pangoro today). I also need more S ranks so I can get Genesect level in the game but it is so difficult!

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Had a crack at Lugia with MStart & Atk+, but didn't manage to catch it. Will try again, but it takes quite a bit to build up the coins each time...

Safari Pokes: Spinda (30%), Cherubi (30%), Cherrim (6.7%), Carvanha (30%), Sharpedo (3.3%)

Le sigh. Hopefully I can catch Lugia and then have time to Safari hunt...

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
You still have to be quite patient to use Shuffle Move. It takes quite a while to type in everything to the board. Probably around 10+ minutes per stage depending on the number of turns. You'll also typically see the best move just from putting everything in than relying on the program most of the time. It's probably actually good for training yourself honestly.

Timed Stages are better for people with better reaction skills, not necessarily those who are more skilled at the game. The game trains you to be the opposite which is why Timed Stages are often harder than Turn based to most of us.

On another note, I'd just prefer Competitions to stop and all stones be released via main stages, but that'll never happen obviously. Hated them since the first Lucarionite competition, still hate them now.

Home Buffering and Pause Buffering are different. Pause buffering involves the pause menu that most of us never use which I'm fairly sure is still in. I have no idea how they do it, but it still exists somehow.

Oh that...but Pause buffering is instant and blocks the screen, not like home buffering was...

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Considering there are people in Japan getting ridiculous scores every timed competition through some Pause Buffering and/or Dual Stylus technique

Is that like the secret martial art to conquer Mewtwo? I'm just kind of amazed that some people are doing that.

komedy27u

Is that like the secret martial art to conquer Mewtwo? I'm just kind of amazed that some people are doing that.

I've read of people doing timed stages in pairs instead of dual stylus, but seems like a rumor, it would be actually more difficult to pull off xD

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
I've read of people doing timed stages in pairs instead of dual stylus, but seems like a rumor, it would be actually more difficult to pull off xD

Hmm, I might try this with my wife...

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I'm fully ambidextrous and can use a stylus in each hand easily, but I tried dual stylus on a times stage....I don't think it would be possible tbh, due to all sorts of reasons...tbh, I think those with the huge scores are just those who get a lucky streak at the end.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
After realising I had enough coin for a Great Ball & changing my mind on what to do next, I now have Cherrim. Just Sharpedo to get from the Safari, but I might try Lugia again first. See how I feel...

R_N

Vivillion basically requires Complexity-1 for an s-rank, huh

Disruption Delay, Moves+5 & gengar just do not cut it