• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Creyk

All of you without Raikou and Zapdos shouldn't be sad, I have those and Sceptile too but I actually did worse after I started using those mons becasue I saw that all the winners used them.
It all comes down to luck. I think I'll use a complexity -1 just to secure a top spot

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I fell from my second place to the 22th place... Oh well. I'll be safe forever after the end of this.

since I can't check 'till 3pm later, what pokes/score did you use/get? :3

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
since I can't check 'till 3pm later, what pokes/score did you use/get? :3

Really the best possible team for this is Ampharos/Sceptile/Raikou/Zapdos, with some of the better Megas (Slowbro, Gengar, etc) possibly working decently due to their better innate ability to combo. And looking at his image from before he's sitting at a score of 27930, which should give a good sense of the massive jumps in the higher scores up there if he's still that high.

Codface

For those like me who have put down a bench score and plan to grind a few levels for last few days rush I done the simple math.

Amp stage is better if you can get it sub 25%. Bunneary and Blissey give 30exp each plus 30 for mvp so that equates to 37.5exp average. Bunneary ofc is miles faster 1-2mins and just requires you to just do a bunch of match threes.

Based on 180k European entries last time you need to be in the top 5%. So given we got 50,000 entries currently you want to be inside 2,500.

Creyk

For those like me who have put down a bench score and plan to grind a few levels for last few days rush I done the simple math.

Amp stage is better if you can get it sub 25%. Bunneary and Blissey give 30exp each plus 30 for mvp so that equates to 37.5exp average. Bunneary ofc is miles faster 1-2mins and just requires you to just do a bunch of match threes.

Based on 180k European entries last time you need to be in the top 5%. So given we got 50,000 entries currently you want to be inside 2,500.

what does sub 25% stand for?

I played with Blastoise a bit more and now I'm in the top 7000 without items. It's quite nice, but of course the last day is the one when we will really have to pay attention/get a great rank

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Really the best possible team for this is Ampharos/Sceptile/Raikou/Zapdos, with some of the better Megas (Slowbro, Gengar, etc) possibly working decently due to their better innate ability to combo. And looking at his image from before he's sitting at a score of 27930, which should give a good sense of the massive jumps in the higher scores up there if he's still that high.

ah thank you.
I was thinking about that actually. Mega amph while super effective, doesn't do quite as many crazy combos as slowbro and others can. I guess I'll play around today with mega amph/other megas see how no item score does. then grind up what I feel will do the best and wait for the last couple of days :3 (I just don't feel I'll get a high score that'll let me be safe for 7 days. I really wish that the requirement wasn't be in the top 20k, but to beat a certain score.)

Codface

what does sub 25% stand for?

I played with Blastoise a bit more and now I'm in the top 7000 without items. It's quite nice, but of course the last day is the one when we will really have to pay attention/get a great rank

Hp on pokemon bar being less than 25%.

Also done further testing and running a team of mega Amp plus two of scept/zap/rai with a heracross (high phanpy/donphan or voltbeat also work) beats the Amp stage nearly every time and is better exp than close failing with a pure team.

AlxK9207

Creative Co-Author
I found that I prefer the timed-type stages like in the EX levels than with the regular stages.

Although I missed out on Keldeo, I still managed to get Rayquaza

Secundum

Lord Of Order
All of you without Raikou and Zapdos shouldn't be sad, I have those and Sceptile too but I actually did worse after I started using those mons becasue I saw that all the winners used them.
It all comes down to luck. I think I'll use a complexity -1 just to secure a top spot

Yeah, I'll just grind coins till I get enough...ugh.

Creyk

Hp on pokemon bar being less than 25%.

Also done further testing and running a team of mega Amp plus two of scept/zap/rai with a heracross (high phanpy/donphan or voltbeat also work) beats the Amp stage nearly every time and is better exp than close failing with a pure team.

Wait, if you beat a pokemon all of your pokemon get the same amount of experience?
I thought that, for example, if you mostly used Sceptile out of the 4 pokemon you brought with you that one will get more experience than the others. Or is it not like that?

I'm grinding my Water-team by battling Ampharos over and over again. My current score is around the 10,000th place. I'm planning to max out all 4 of their levels before trying the match with items, even though I can afford them now. The team is Zapdos, Ampharos, Sceptile, and Venusaur (since I don't have Raikou and would rather work with what I have than try to catch Raikou and train it to the max level).

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
trying to catch zapdos first, it seems to be the easiest for me. I don't think I'll get raikou since I barely beat it in 30 seconds. Haven't tried sceptile x.x
Might just grind what I have and do that. Though I think I will continue for zapdos, since other than amph i only have raichu :/

monkeyman192

simply bored
Used the usual lineup for M-blastoise and got 16094 giving me a place of 1038. Pretty happy with that at the moment... I think with the event one of the best ways to try get a better score is just do the level over and over again. It gives a reasonable amount of experience surely as you do 10k+ damage total, and you might get lucky and get a good combo and a good score. The more times you try, the more likely a you get lucky, and this game is really all about getting lucky with combos lol

AlxK9207

Creative Co-Author
So, I finally caught that pesky Slowbro earlier today (albeit it I had to spend quite a bit of coins), but there's one thing I don't get; why did they make a Mega Evolution for the second pokemon in the Slowpoke evolutionary line instead of Slowking?

R_N

So, I finally caught that pesky Slowbro earlier today (albeit it I had to spend quite a bit of coins), but there's one thing I don't get; why did they make a Mega Evolution for the second pokemon in the Slowpoke evolutionary line instead of Slowking?

Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro or Slowking. Not Slowpoke -> Slowbro -> Slowking

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Waaaay too late and kind of off-topic to bring that up here of all places, but here's my answer:

Because.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Was thinking about using items right away despite what I said earlier since I couldn't pull off a good run for some reason, then immediately came out with a score of 17548 (1294 out of 110166) with no items which is not too far below the score I got in the last competition. I'm going to stick with that score for now though if I need to resort to items towards the end of the week I won't hesitate. I should have little trouble staying in the top 20000 given how I ended up last time but given that there's definitely more people this time around who knows.

ChicaSkas

How in the world are you guys abusing the Home button... it seems to me you only have a precious few seconds to see the screen before it sinks under... any tips?

I ending up spending a ten dollar Dsi Nintendo card to get the Lucarionite and I kinda dont want to blow anymore money than i have to on this game... but Mega Blastiose looks enticing lol!

monkeyman192

simply bored
How in the world are you guys abusing the Home button... it seems to me you only have a precious few seconds to see the screen before it sinks under... any tips?

As soon as the pokemon breaks out of the great ball press the home button and close pokemon shuffle and re-open it. The 2500 coins it subtracted won't have been subtracted, but it won't register you having beat the pokemon (which doesn't matter if you just want to catch it...)