• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Got back into Mobile and finally for a long time, caught Gastly. Then failed to catch Marshtomp even though it was easier than Gastly.

More stuff:

So on Mobile, caught Marshtomp and Meowstic-M. Currently up to Combusken.

3DS
Caught Diancie with Great Ball and Super Catch Power and tried Registeel and failed to beat it.

Last edited:

cassius335

Aura Trainer
It does make me curious if when we'll get Ditto though, since if it's anything like Battle Trozei Ditto I can see them outright not adding Ditto. At least not for a long time.

They could have it Transform only into the Stage Pokémon and/or non-Support Pokémon. Or have it Transform into a random member of your squad, but be unable to copy Mega Evolutions. Ideally of course, it'd copy whoever's nearest the match (before actually applying the match damage/remove-wise), but I doubt they'd make it that good.

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Hackers mess up everything. The thing that worries me is that, for each flagrant hacker, there are probably several more that hack just enough to get ideal scores.

I hate pause buffering mostly because I can't do it well enough to even say I've done it.

The combo ends when pokemon hit the ground. So the simple secret is only make vertical matches...Doesn't sound like much but it does make a difference, falling through 3-5 vertical spaces rather than the 1 space pokemon fall when you make horizontal matches keeps the combo going much longer. I mean you still have to have decent reflexes to keep it going but it helps a bunch.

I'm trying to level up cresselia for medicham right now. Probably just going to drop the -1 because I can't be bothered to mess around.

I shall try this vertical match technique you speak of--related question, do combos actually increase the score in some way (assuming no ability like double normal/pyre/etc.)?

Silversea

It definitely affects the score, but only after specific levels. I think it was 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, damage is doubled at 100.

So that's how arceus teams work so well, activate the ability and keep combo going and you have an easy 100k score.

Last edited:

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
It definitely affects the score, but only after specific levels. I think it was 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, damage is doubled at 100.

So that's how arceus teams work so well, activate the ability and keep combo going and you have an easy 100k score.

I always thought it did something, but I was never really sure how it worked--moreover, it is hard to keep track of score changes during a combo.

Actually, what is the damage increase from a match of 3 to a match of 4 to a match of 5? Again, I know it is there, but I don't know what it is.

The hackers have taken over! Current top score is 687870. Hope this gets fixed soon. My current score of 41232 is holding in the top 2500...

komedy27u

1: x1
2-4: x1.1
5-9: x1.15
10-24: x1.2
25-49: x1.3
50-74: x1.4
75-99: x1.5
100-199: x2
200+: x2.5

I always thought it did something, but I was never really sure how it worked--moreover, it is hard to keep track of score changes during a combo.

Actually, what is the damage increase from a match of 3 to a match of 4 to a match of 5? Again, I know it is there, but I don't know what it is.

A match of 3 equals the atk power of the pokemon, x2 if SE, x(1/2) if NVE. x1.5 in a match of 4, x2 in a match of 5 ^^

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
1: x1
2-4: x1.1
5-9: x1.15
10-24: x1.2
25-49: x1.3
50-74: x1.4
75-99: x1.5
100-199: x2
200+: x2.5

A match of 3 equals the atk power of the pokemon, x2 if SE, x(1/2) if NVE. x1.5 in a match of 4, x2 in a match of 5 ^^

Thanks, you always have the best info!

I made it to the 553th place.

But I doubt it will stay there to secure the candy with those hackers around...

Can I ask what score you have for that rank--and what region. I'm trying to decided if it is worth the coins to go for another run to increase my score from 42,000 in the US.

Silversea

50k seems to be the "safe zone" right now, probably extends lower but don't know how the 40ks are placed.

The NA leaderboards are swamped in dittos right now lol.

komedy27u

Am I the only one seeing the top scores in mobile for the m-char y competition at like 9999999???

The hacks on the mobile version are much worse than those in 3DS, they get eliminated faster but it seems it's not fast enough

RUMOR: They are eliminating ditto high scores from EU top 5, if someone from this zone can confirmate this, please do so ^^

In Japan they do eliminate them fast, either that or there are waaaay less. Americas are getting the worse part...

The hacks on the mobile version are much worse than those in 3DS, they get eliminated faster but it seems it's not fast enough

RUMOR: They are eliminating ditto high scores from EU top 5, if someone from this zone can confirmate this, please do so ^^

In Japan they do eliminate them fast, either that or there are waaaay less. Americas are getting the worse part...
As someone in the EU region as far as competitions are concerned, I can confirm there are no Ditto/Palkia hack scores in the top five. The highest score in EU atm is 97k with a Gengar/Arceus/Snorlax/Lickilicky team.

Kacho

You are next.
omg yes

2 great ball, DD and +5 and then I S rank Gothitelle and catch it.

NO MORE OF THAT

edit: now stuck on sliggoo and then medicham

i'll just save up enough to both s rank and great ball it

Last edited:

komedy27u

As someone in the EU region as far as competitions are concerned, I can confirm there are no Ditto/Palkia hack scores in the top five. The highest score in EU atm is 97k with a Gengar/Arceus/Snorlax/Lickilicky team.

Thanks ^^ hopefully they'll fix the US scores and make it so hacked runs can't make it to the top.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Am I the only one seeing the top scores in mobile for the m-char y competition at like 9999999???

It's not just you. Everyone who's playing Shuffle would see this, but sometimes, the score wouldn't be that high, but high enough that it's impossible to obtain, even with the recommended Pokémon. These people generally use weaker Pokémon.