• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It is astounding to me that they have no check in place to look at the pokemon being used/submitted and go "whoa whoa hey now that aint available"

It is astounding to me that they still hasn't think about REMOVING ALL the not yet implemented data, and only implement them at the same time they are made available to players.

No one can hack the score with Ditto if everything about Ditto is not in the game's data to begin with.

komedy27u

It is astounding to me that they still hasn't think about REMOVING ALL the not yet implemented data, and only implement them at the same time they are made available to players.

No one can hack the score with Ditto if everything about Ditto is not in the game's data to begin with.

The thing is, ditto isn't and ability, is a mechanic, like mega evolution or barriers, so the only way to add it to the game later is by making a patch that makes it obligatory to re-download, without it it's an incomplete game of sorts. The could've done that, but maybe the effort of adding the mechanic later was too much or the code was hard to adapt.

Ironically they may have to do exactly that and make us re-download to remove the recent hacks...

Kacho

You are next.
The thing is, ditto isn't and ability, is a mechanic, like mega evolution or barriers, so the only way to add it to the game later is by making a patch that makes it obligatory to re-download, without it it's an incomplete game of sorts. The could've done that, but maybe the effort of adding the mechanic later was too much or the code was hard to adapt.

Ironically they may have to do exactly that and make us re-download to remove the recent hacks...

well consider that getting new special pokemon is by downloading and updating the game, those who don't would miss it

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Used Attack Power+ with M Lucario, Heatran, Blaziken and Emboar.
9 moves left, 3 shakes and still nothing. Sigh. I guess need to set up with Attack Power+ AND Great Ball.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Also it was used by hackers in the Mega Charizard Y competition from pictures posted on this thread, which confirms that it's a Water type.

You know, I probably should have thought of that...

EDIT: Decided a Level 9 Heracross would be good enough to have another go at Yveltal; Also tried to keep the "do vertical matches" thing mentioned earlier in mind. Caught @ 26% with no Great Ball required. Finally! :)

Gonna train up Yveltal, then I have Mega Gengar to S-Rank (two S-Ranks left for Mewtwo; Dunno if S-Ranking Mega Mewtwo-Y is even possible in one go, but Yveltal's gonna help me try...)

Last edited:

SpoinkyPearl

I hadn't checked this topic for a few days and now when I come here to write, I found explanation to those crazy hacked scores I saw few days back. I don't know if it's just me but I'm wondering why would anyone hack a game like this? Sure, it's competitive every once in a while, but seriously, I don't think it's that big deal to lose something in a competition! I've missed like dozen of Mega Stones (only thing I'm trying to get in event stages) but I don't really feel too bad about it. I play this casually and for fun, I love puzzle games. Maybe some people just take these things too seriously.

Anyways, this time I used all items available in M Charizard event and managed to score little over 42,000 points! O.O So I guess I'm not too bad after all :D This will surely get me a Mega Stone. Previously, I didn't ever want to use items because I wanted to beat stages with no "cheating" :D But I guess I'll be using items in competitive stages now on. I'm also hoping that they'll release some of the previous competitions again so I could try again and get some Stones I didn't manage to get on the previous run.

Regice is a PAIN. I don't think I'll manage to capture it. In my best run I managed to get 1/3 of it's energy away so... ._. This run is also pretty short, so I think it really requires talent and lots of coins to get it. Maybe I'll just need to come up with better strategy on the remaining days of the event.

I also played main stages little onward. I'm currently at Gothorita. I've also tried to get more S ranks to get Genesect level in the Expert Stages area. I think I still have too many to go, and getting S ranks in newer levels is fairly difficult.

R_N

So all items including -1 was a bit overkill on gothitelle, killed it in 1 turn...

So would just DD + Mega Start + 5 Moves be suitable?

e: The answer is no, it is aggressively not. I finished with 2 moves.
Didnt even bother with a great ball, what a sad display. Knew I should have gone with mega banette

Sliggoo is terrible

These stages are just awful

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So would just DD + Mega Start + 5 Moves be suitable?

e: The answer is no, it is aggressively not. I finished with 2 moves.
Didnt even bother with a great ball, what a sad display. Knew I should have gone with mega banette

Sliggoo is terrible

These stages are just awful

I actually S-Ranked Gothitelle without a Complexity -1 (used the other items of course) thanks to Sharpedo having Eject along with Mega Gengar, Genesect, and Darkrai. The quicker you get rid of the non-support icons, the easier it can be to defeat Gothitelle.

Agreed on Sliggoo however. Even I found Medicham slightly better than that monstrosity.

R_N

I actually S-Ranked Gothitelle without a Complexity -1 (used the other items of course) thanks to Sharpedo having Eject along with Mega Gengar, Genesect, and Darkrai. The quicker you get rid of the non-support icons, the easier it can be to defeat Gothitelle.

Agreed on Sliggoo however. Even I found Medicham slightly better than that monstrosity.

I went with mega sharpedo because it seemed like it could be useful in terms of comboing, but the chunk of gothita/orita/itelle was just impossible to overcome and i feel like the stage barely summons the mega pokemon (though this could just be a thing due to the giant chunk of pokemon stopping all combos)
I actually completely forgot Sharpedo even had Eject, actually...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Played Mobile for a bit and caught Slowbro at 12% and Umbreon. Currently up to Espeon and picked up a Lucarionite.

Rio!

Composer
I almost forgot about Regice, so I decided to do a practice run to kind of confirm what items I'd need, and it turns out an Attack+ was all I needed. Surprisingly caught it at 14% without a Great Ball which certainly wasn't what I was expecting. xD Also did a quick practice run for Char-Y comp. and ended up getting 16k itemless, and 52k with all items so not too bad. Hopefully numbers won't shift too much and I'll have a shot at a Speed-up. Maybe.

I'm really excited for Palkia though, it'll be nice having a 80 BP Water type. Since the other got Block Smash+ and Power of 4+ I wonder what he'll get? I'd almost say Eject+ but Lugia kind of recently got it (though I guess that doesn't have to matter in the end ability distribution-wise).

And since weekly Victini is here, I think I'll work on Seviper, Diancie, and maybe Regice/Lugia.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
On Mobile again, caught Espeon and Grovyle. Amazingly, I caught Grovyle at 14% capture rate. Currently up to Cubone.

Rio!

Composer
holy regigigas

the hackers are back with ditto again, and this one have primal kyogre I think??

LOL it is Primal Kyogre. At this rate we're never going to see Ditto added on, at least put off for a good while.

Creyk

I went in with my all item run and landed in the 1700-something place. I think it won't be enough for the candy but it's the stone I'm really after so I'm okay with it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Onto Mobile again. Caught Cubone and challenged Diancie but not up to scratch. Up to the Dragon/Fairy Mega Altaria (not me).

SpoinkyPearl

asdfghjkl

Used Moves+5, managed to beat Regigigas, didn't get caught with Pokéball, got Super Catching Power (68 %) and used two Great Balls BUT I DIDN'T GET IT

ARRGH! I guess I just have keep trying. I've been using Emboar in my team against Regice and I've been really close beating it with no items. I used some jewels to get more coins to spend. It is annoying how close it was ><

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
LOL it is Primal Kyogre. At this rate we're never going to see Ditto added on, at least put off for a good while.

Only a bit over 300 pokemon are added right now, and that's not even half of everything.
Take the alternative forms to many pokemon and mega evolutions, and you get lots and lots of possible content for the upcoming year at least.
Ditto can be held back up until the very end because of his wildcard traits, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the final expert stage once everything else gets added.

As for my stage progress, I S ranked Weavile itemless and now am saving up coins for Monday because who knows, the One Chance a Day stages might be back.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Well, the Attack +and Great Ball failed on Regice.
And with just barely 2 days left, feeling hopeless.
Will do 1 more run and try my luck,